Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3781
  1. #3651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Lawl.

    I guess you managed to sober up long enough to put your "X" next to the candidates name who poured you the most hooch, eh?

  2. #3652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize Duggan and most of the COD leadership had changed sides. Thanx for that.
    You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?
    Ooops, forgot the link:
    http://www.mackinacgop.com/

  3. #3653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?
    Ooops, forgot the link:
    http://www.mackinacgop.com/
    Here, read mine:

    https://wwmt.com/news/state/whitmer-...ackinac-island

  4. #3654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?
    Ooops, forgot the link:
    http://www.mackinacgop.com/

    Here's the Agenda for this years conference. Go through the list of attendees and see which ones, if any, are Democrats. Brsides the official tally here, I know Detroit political DEMs that attend this, and not on their dime. Which was my point in the first place. Carry on.

    http://www.detroitchamber.com/mpc/2019-agenda/

  5. #3655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Here's the Agenda for this years conference. Go through the list of attendees and see which ones, if any, are Democrats. Brsides the official tally here, I know Detroit political DEMs that attend this, and not on their dime. Which was my point in the first place. Carry on.

    http://www.detroitchamber.com/mpc/2019-agenda/
    You’re looking at two different conferences. The link you posted is from the spring the link I posted is from the fall, when Pence drove up. They have two different names. The one you’re talking about is the Michigan policy conference which is not sponsored by either Republican or Democrats; it’s Michigan bigwigs. The link I posted is actually the Mackinac Republican leadership conference. Contrast and compare. If you notice it is even has GOP in the link
    Last edited by jcole; October-22-19 at 07:45 PM.

  6. #3656

    Default

    Snyder used to attend the policy conference every spring. So do a lot of Republican bigwigs
    https://www.michiganradio.org/post/s...icy-conference
    He also attended at least in 2016 and 2018 Just doing a quick search on my tablet
    Last edited by jcole; October-22-19 at 07:54 PM.

  7. #3657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    YouÂ’re looking at two different conferences. The link you posted is from the spring the link I posted is from the fall, when Pence drove up. They have two different names. The one youÂ’re talking about is the Michigan policy conference which is not sponsored by either Republican or Democrats; itÂ’s Michigan bigwigs. The link I posted is actually the Mackinac Republican leadership conference. Contrast and compare. If you notice it is even has GOP in the link

    Do you get that you're changing the subject and it's totally irrelevant as a response to what I originally posted? You keep bringing up "it's the Repubs" and it's NOT just the Repubs, Dems are doing the same damn thing. They're spending taxpayer $$$ to attend some kind of conference on Mackinac Island. Yes? No? Maybe? All of the above? None of the above? You don't know? It doesn't matter who's conference it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What's even more ironic is these are the same people who don't even blink when politicians from the their side of the fence, use any excuse to spend their tax dollars to check themselves in to the Grand Hotel to "confer".

  8. #3658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?
    Ooops, forgot the link:
    http://www.mackinacgop.com/
    No I don't.

  9. #3659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Do you get that you're changing the subject and it's totally irrelevant as a response to what I originally posted? You keep bringing up "it's the Repubs" and it's NOT just the Repubs, Dems are doing the same damn thing. They're spending taxpayer $$$ to attend some kind of conference on Mackinac Island. Yes? No? Maybe? All of the above? None of the above? You don't know? It doesn't matter who's conference it is.
    And do you get that the Detroit Regional Chamber who hold the Mackinac Policy Conference are neither Democrat or Republican? It's a business leadership conference which is why whichever party is in power in Lansing, the Governor attends and speaks.

  10. #3660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    And do you get that the Detroit Regional Chamber who hold the Mackinac Policy Conference are neither Democrat or Republican? It's a business leadership conference which is why whichever party is in power in Lansing, the Governor attends and speaks.

    Then why is there a list of names with "R" and "D" next to them? Your post proves my point exactly. You see what the other side is doing, but you turn a blind eye to what your side does.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-23-19 at 09:43 AM.

  11. #3661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Then why is there a list of names with "R" and "D" next to them? Your post proves my point exactly. You see what the other side is doing, but you turn a blind eye to what your side does.
    Because if the attendees have BOTH R's and D's after their names, then the event is bipartisan not one or the other

  12. #3662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Because if the attendees have BOTH R's and D's after their names, then the event is bipartisan not one or the other
    So then, both sides, (probably even a few more sides) are represented @ THAT convention, including Whitmer, the current Governor. She was also joined by other Democrats. So, the only conference on Mackinac Island isn't just "the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference" as you posted in #3652, other conferences also take place on Mackinac Island as well? Do you think all these dignitaries used their personal resources to pay for travel, meals, lodging, or do you think they used taxpayer funding because they were going to "confer", and, @ least in their minds, this was a necessary part of their jobs?

    https://wwmt.com/news/state/whitmer-...ackinac-island

  13. #3663

    Default

    Just remember:
    Trump called THE CONSTITUTION fake;
    Trump just willingly ceded power and influence to the Russians;
    Trump supporters somehow delude themselves into thinking this is patriotic.

    Trump supporter delusions coming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

  14. #3664

    Default

    Funny how some have no concept when it comes to context of a discussion and taking words in order to push an agenda.

    Trump - The annulments clause being used against me is fake.I am changing my mind on the G7 being held at Doral because the annulment cause will be used against me weather it applies or not.

    Translation- Trump called the constitution fake.


    Trump - George Washington was the only President in history that ran his personal business alongside of his presidency,even having two desks in the Oval Office,one for personal one for Presidential use.

    Translation -Trump compared himself to George Washington.

    When people question how Hitler rose to power and convince the population to run a campaign on hate we only need to look and see it unfolding in front of our eyes with the anti Trumpers and how easy it is to manipulate thier minds with propaganda.

  15. #3665

    Default

    I never said it was the ONLY conference on Mackinac, as a matter of fact I differentiated between the two. The Mackinaw Policy is run by the Detroit Regional Chamber and is neither Democratic nor Republican. Yes, Whitmer spoke this year, but Snyder spoke at it all the years he was in office. It is a business conference meant to help with policy.
    The other is a solely Republican Leadership Conference.
    Oh, and before I forget the National Library conference was held there a couple years ago as well as some Girl Scout meetings. I just want to be clear that I realize other people meet there too.

  16. #3666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Just remember:
    Trump called THE CONSTITUTION fake;
    Trump just willingly ceded power and influence to the Russians;
    Trump supporters somehow delude themselves into thinking this is patriotic.

    Trump supporter delusions coming in 5, 4, 3, 2...
    I missed that. When did Trump call the Constitution "fake"?

    According to John Kerry, the Obama administration ceded power and influence with the Russians when it miscalculated with its Syrian policy. Allowing ISIS to put pressure on Assad failed to weaken Assad as hoped. Instead, Assad welcomed Russian assistance. You sound like Joe McCarthy, the McCains and Hillary.

  17. #3667

    Default

    Funny how some people blather on about something after their first couple of lines show that they have no clue.

    There is no "annulment clause" you bone-head, it is called the Emoluments Clause, an emolument is a "salary, fee or profit from office." Art. I, § 9, cl. 8 and Art. II, § 1, cl. 7 specifically BAN them. Having the U.S. and Foreign governments pay HIS companies (and thereby him) for the use of his properties is about as clear an emolument as you can get, and as clear a violation of TWO clauses in the constitution that Trump called "fake."

    The calisthenics you morons go to justify your worship of this traitorous, idiotic Russian vassal is utterly amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Funny how some have no concept when it comes to context of a discussion and taking words in order to push an agenda.

    Trump - The annulments clause being used against me is fake.I am changing my mind on the G7 being held at Doral because the annulment cause will be used against me weather it applies or not.

  18. #3668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I missed that. When did Trump call the Constitution "fake"?

    According to John Kerry, the Obama administration ceded power and influence with the Russians when it miscalculated with its Syrian policy. Allowing ISIS to put pressure on Assad failed to weaken Assad as hoped. Instead, Assad welcomed Russian assistance. You sound like Joe McCarthy, the McCains and Hillary.
    As I said - Trump supporter delusions were quick to follow FYI Trump EXPLICITLY called the Emoluments Clauses fake. They are part of the Constitution, and he called them fake. Duh.

    So Kerry thinks we miscalculated with ISIS and Syria. So what? There were huge numbers of people of all political persuasions who did not want the US to get involved. And - SURPRISE - the intelligence used to delay us getting directly involved was sourced from Israeli intelligence.
    Trump willingly and calculatedly handed Putin every single thing he wanted in the Middle East, while betraying our partners. If you don't understand the "UGE" difference in the two, you are hopelessly lost to the miasma of misinformation.

  19. #3669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Funny how some people blather on about something after their first couple of lines show that they have no clue.

    There is no "annulment clause" you bone-head, it is called the Emoluments Clause, an emolument is a "salary, fee or profit from office." Art. I, § 9, cl. 8 and Art. II, § 1, cl. 7 specifically BAN them. Having the U.S. and Foreign governments pay HIS companies (and thereby him) for the use of his properties is about as clear an emolument as you can get, and as clear a violation of TWO clauses in the constitution that Trump called "fake."

    The calisthenics you morons go to justify your worship of this traitorous, idiotic Russian vassal is utterly amazing.

    Par to the course when you are caught while posting fake information you start with the name calling.

    I listened to his comments when he gave them apparently you did not and are just bashing based on nothing but what is created in your mind.

    Try listening to the conversation he had then come back,my guess is that you will not.

  20. #3670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    As I said - Trump supporter delusions were quick to follow FYI Trump EXPLICITLY called the Emoluments Clauses fake. They are part of the Constitution, and he called them fake. Duh.

    So Kerry thinks we miscalculated with ISIS and Syria. So what? There were huge numbers of people of all political persuasions who did not want the US to get involved. And - SURPRISE - the intelligence used to delay us getting directly involved was sourced from Israeli intelligence.
    Trump willingly and calculatedly handed Putin every single thing he wanted in the Middle East, while betraying our partners. If you don't understand the "UGE" difference in the two, you are hopelessly lost to the miasma of misinformation.
    Are you sure that the word "fake" isn't a characterization to spin how Trump characterized the emolulants clause or did he actually call the Constitution "fake" as you earlier wrote. ("Trump called THE CONSTITUTION fake". your post 3663)

    "So what?" You are missing the elephant in the room. In post 3663 you also wrote, "
    Trump just willingly ceded power and influence to the Russians." Trump did not just do it. The major part of the power ceded happened because Obama/Biden/Kerry/Hillary interventionist foreign policy spectacularly failed. Tulsi Gabbard pointed that out. Trump, on the other hand, seems to be removing troops from Syria that Congress never sent there. We wouldn't be having this discussion if Obama foreign policy hadn't failed.

    You didn't define 'our partners' either. Do you mean our partners who also helped drive back ISIS in Syria? They would include the Kurds, Russians, and Assad governments. Or do you mean partners who were funded by the CIA and the Pentagon who fought each other with our weapons?

  21. #3671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

    There is no "annulment clause" you bone-head, it is called the Emoluments Clause, an emolument is a "salary, fee or profit from office." Art. I, § 9, cl. 8 and Art. II, § 1, cl. 7 specifically BAN them. Having the U.S. and Foreign governments pay HIS companies (and thereby him) for the use of his properties is about as clear an emolument as you can get, and as clear a violation of TWO clauses in the constitution that Trump called "fake."

    Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have both become enormously wealthy by using the fame and connections from their time in the White House. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Donald Trump will probably be the first President in living memory that leaves office with less wealth than when he was elected. Much of that a result of his forced absence in directly handling his business affairs and the public backlashes from those that oppose his politics.

    Who's more guilty of profiting from their time in the White House? A man that is likely losing billions by taking the office, or those that have seen their net worth multiply 100 times over?
    Last edited by Johnnny5; October-24-19 at 05:35 PM.

  22. #3672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Are you sure that the word "fake" isn't a characterization to spin how Trump characterized the emolulants clause or did he actually call the Constitution "fake" as you earlier wrote. ("Trump called THE CONSTITUTION fake". your post 3663)
    He used the word "phony". Same difference.

  23. #3673

    Default

    Robert Reich: Trump's Emoluments Mess
    Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich explains what the Constitution's Emoluments Clause is and how Trump is entangled in it.

  24. #3674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He used the word "phony". Same difference.
    Yes,after describing the benefits of useing Doral logistics wise he said he was not going to continue pursuing it because the next thing you know is they will be pushing phony emoluments clause accusations against me.

    He offered it for free,if it was legal to do so,he is not involved or directly linked and was not excepting compensation or salary for it.

    As usual the left twisted it into he was calling the actual emoluments clause phony,when it was actually thier phony actions that he was calling out.

    In Hillary tradition they can do no wrong and anybody that does not tow thier warped line and actually thinks for themself are deplorable.

    That is thier whole game,do what we say as we say and tow our line or we will think of a bunch of 6 year old names to call you.

    The second discussion

    “I don’t think you people, with this phony emoluments clause—and by the way, I would say that it’s cost me anywhere from $2 billion to $5 billion to be president—and that’s okay—between what I lose and what I could have made.”


    The whole discussion was about how can he be accused of violating the emoluments clause when he is losing money while in office and not profiting like those before him,as J5 also posted.

  25. #3675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He used the word "phony". Same difference.

    What Trump said:“You people with this phony emoluments clause”.
    What rb wrote:
    "Trump called THE CONSTITUTION fake".

    For starters, Trump didn't call "the Constitution" either 'fake' or 'phony'. Of course there is an emoluments clause but the the theater of caring about the emoluments clause is phony, bogus, and fake in light of the indifference Democrats, "you people" as he put it, had toward e.g. the hundreds of millions of dollars that poured into the Clinton Family Foundation from would be beneficiaries of the Clinton's government largess including generous gifts from Russia. That's precedent.

    To me, this is just another page in the endless coup; the only thing Democrats have to show for the last three years. No borders, a refusal to even discuss infrastructure projects, and not even one House Democrat voted to end our unconstitutional occupation Of Syria last week.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.