Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 146 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5151

I don't consider president Trump the sole embodiment of evil as many think but he's digging a hole deeper with comments such 'they have plenty of sand....'

What a venal, careless, STUPID comment!

Gonna be hard to square that with those who think a president infallible.

I don't. I did not with former president Obama, Bush etc.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-18-19 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I guess Johnny Carson was the last of the good ones.

Take Biden’s name out of the picture and I guess most would feel comfortable with allowing what happened,but because it is Biden it becomes an political attack.

Seems like with the amount of Democrats that were also involved or had family members involved in the same group it would stand to reason to create a distraction so thier own skeletons will not be exposed.

Funny how they all stand up there saying they are for the people while the people they claim to care about are living in the streets of crumbling cities.

They all claim to be against big pharma,banks etc. but they still take thier donations of millions in thier families little non profits.

How exactly does a politician enter office with a $174,000 a year salary and within years becomes a multimillionaire,if they are going to play the quid pro card let’s deal the deck across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I don't consider president Trump the sole embodiment of evil as many think but he's digging a hole deeper with comments such 'they have plenty of sand....'

What a venal, careless, STUPID comment!

Gonna be hard to square that with those who think a president infallible.

I don't. I did not with former president Obama, Bush etc.
    Funny what triggers people,who cares what look a translator gives.It is a lot of barren sand there so why are we going to lose Americans over a 20 mile stretch of sand?

The Kurds own lots of oil wells,I would be willing to bet had Trump provided them with US troops to fight thier battles the cry would have been we are doing it to get the oil.

The Kurds have enclaves in every single ME country,friend or foe,they made deals all over there with people in order to exist.

What is the difference with them making deals to exist in Iran and doing the same thing in Sryia?

It is no different in any other country in the world,if you want to establish here there are conditions and rules.

^^^ It did not trigger me, Trump said it, precisely, using those words, in no uncertain terms - I found it careless and pergorative.

Would he have said that if Israel were involved?

And NO. I am not anti-Isreal! I'm just saying the 'Plenty of sand...' guffah was unwise. Very.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-21-19 at 07:10 AM.

^
    And NO. I am not anti-Isreal! I'm just saying the 'Plenty of sand...' guffah was unwise. Very.
    Not unwise, just in keeping with his utter lack of intellect.

I was trying to be, um-eh, professional...... LOL!

I'm sure sites like yahoo and the 'tube' are 'going in' much harsher!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-18-19 at 11:54 AM.

^^^ It did not trigger me, Trump said it, precisely, using those words, in no uncertain terms - I found it careless and pergorative.

Would he have said that if Israel were involved?

Lol I did not post you were triggered by it.

The 20 mile section they are referring to is nothing but sand and wasteland that cannot produce anything anyways.

So he was not wrong,there are a few small villages but the younger and even older generations not picking up arms have been fleeing from there for generations to France,the US and any other country that can offer opportunities.

A cow does not even eat sand,let alone no water supply.

The point was,is it worth bleeding over something that is nothing.

That is like fighting for land in the middle of the Sahara desert,once people die for it what are you going to do with it?

^^^ Oh, ok. Yes, a bit more sand over here vs. a grain or two less there.

Those are the details [[where the devil and saints reside) but most don't go there...

Most simply see, here the broad context/ optics. Trump has to know this... or just doesn't care.

On with the tweeting and impulsive comments I suppose. I did not vote for him -- or Hillary for that matter...

^ I think he is more of a realist,you see it here in threads,a nuclear missile could be headed to the United States and Trump could stop it with his bare hands and people would complain because his fingernails scratched the paint.

You are not going to change that mindset no matter what so why waste energy,a small percentage of the country actually follow twitter and the only reason they know anything he tweets is because the media capitalized on it.

If they left it alone nobody would even know he said anything,then in order to capitalize on it the media cherrypicks words that they know will trigger folks.

Most people I know or meet are not even following the sideshow of politics,they are involved with work and raising family,and do not even know what he says from month to month.

In the end nobody really cares what he says or who he triggers or why,they will look at where the country and thier personal situation is now compared to 2015 if they are happy with the results they will vote as such.

The thing is he picked up on what the common person feels like and can relate to,you hear that he and we are an embarrassment to the rest of the world but if one actually looks at what has been happening in the rest of the world,they are dealing with the exact same things and in the exact same way.

Every single topic.

It is almost like the entire world stood up and said enough is enough,that did not take Trump,he may have been a catalyst but the time was coming and something had to give,and it did.

The problem with the current line up of Dems is they keep pandering to a sector of constituents that is not really big enough to win thier elections,

Trump is doing grandstanding where 53,000 show up,that is more then the entire line up drew on a debate stage.

The Dems are making promises that most realize that are so out there that there is no way they will even implement them,Americans do not do well with radical change like they are proposing.

Trump does not exactly have the lock on the no sliver tongue aspect,and I would love to see Beto go door to door collecting guns,that’s the problem,he will not but he will stand on the soapbox talking BS like the others that people can see right through.

At least the orange man didn't call northeastern Syria a shithole.

An improvement maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol I did not post you were triggered by it.

The 20 mile section they are referring to is nothing but sand and wasteland that cannot produce anything anyways.

So he was not wrong,there are a few small villages but the younger and even older generations not picking up arms have been fleeing from there for generations to France,the US and any other country that can offer opportunities.

A cow does not even eat sand,let alone no water supply.

The point was,is it worth bleeding over something that is nothing.

That is like fighting for land in the middle of the Sahara desert,once people die for it what are you going to do with it?
    Seriously? Now you’re talking about Geography and just doing the usual of making up B.S. that fits your narrative?

Geography is Elementary School easy. Are all the president’s most fervent supporters to dumb to understand that Geography is factual?

The area of Syria that Turkey invaded is a shitload of the farmland is Syria. Breadbasket stuff. Wheat. Economically and strategically important. Valuable. Those facts are critical to any intelligent discussion on the issue. Good God did you people just find out Syria is a country last week? If he told ya a turd was a Ho-Ho would you guys eat it and say it’s delicious? Your “discussions” are getting that absurd.

https://ipad.fas.usda.gov/highlights/2012/06/Syria/

I just found this today and thought I'd add to the discussion:
    Opera doesn't encrypt your information so, even if they did allow torrenting, they would not be able to keep you safe. It should also be noted that when you use a VPN, all of your data is protected. But a browser-based proxy like Opera VPN only hides your IP for activity that occurs on the actual browser.Aug 29, 2019
    https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/opera-vpn/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I understand the vpn portion was not sold. ???

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Seriously? Now you’re talking about Geography and just doing the usual of making up B.S. that fits your narrative?

Geography is Elementary School easy. Are all the president’s most fervent supporters to dumb to understand that Geography is factual?

The area of Syria that Turkey invaded is a shitload of the farmland is Syria. Breadbasket stuff. Wheat. Economically and strategically important. Valuable. Those facts are critical to any intelligent discussion on the issue. Good God did you people just find out Syria is a country last week? If he told ya a turd was a Ho-Ho would you guys eat it and say it’s delicious? Your “discussions” are getting that absurd.

https://ipad.fas.usda.gov/highlights/2012/06/Syria/

Here are over 24,919 photos of the Turkey/Syrian border view them and then come back to your intelligent discussion facts.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/t...opular#license
    The percentage of the breadbasket in the 20 mile band is nominal.

If it was as you describe,a shitload of farmland,economically and strategically important,with Russia’s backing Syrian forces would have been there protecting it,Kurds or not.

They do not allow adjoining countries to invade thier borders without repercussions.

Apparently Syrian forces also determined it was not worth shedding blood over either.

You want farm land,go to our Midwest where US military members do not have to die for it.

While you are caught up in word semantics and losing sight of the bigger picture,Turkey is also supporting 4 million Syrians in refugee camps and is also looking to create a refugee city of sorts on Syrian soil where they can call home in thier own country.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I guess you get what you pay for holds here,they are forcing you to use only that program as a proxy,which is kinda pointless.

If you like, create another thread and we'll get deeper into the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    If you like, create another thread and we'll get deeper into the subject.
    If I come across any more info I will

How about a broader thread for 'all things computer'?

Teaser...Panopticlick

Volker contended two things during his testimony. First, he says the Ukrainians weren’t aware of the fact that the Trump administration had put the military aid on hold at the time of Trump’s call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on July 25. Second, he was also unaware of the fact that Trump discussed the Bidens during the call.

https://rightwingfolks.com/schiffs-b...tead-of-trump/

Trump Self-Dealing On G7 Summit Would Boost Failing Doral Resort

Heard on the radio this morning: Trump has backed off on these resort plans.

LAMO he wants to now bring it to Mackinac Island,people freaked out about Pence and his cars,now the steam is really going to roll.

Administration officials looked at Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel as a possible summit location, Crains Detroit reports.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-summit-report

My guess is no matter where he is bringing it there are those who will still whine about it,like those who claimed that he was profiting from bringing it to his resort even after he said the taxpayers would not be charged for the rooms.

I guess some do not know the difference in claiming something that did not meet expectations as failing,79 million verses 89 million does not make it a failing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    LAMO he wants to now bring it to Mackinac Island,people freaked out about Pence and his cars,now the steam is really going to roll.

Administration officials looked at Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel as a possible summit location, Crains Detroit reports.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-summit-report

My guess is no matter where he is bringing it there are those who will still whine about it,like those who claimed that he was profiting from bringing it to his resort even after he said the taxpayers would not be charged for the rooms.

I guess some do not know the difference in claiming something that did not meet expectations as failing,79 million verses 89 million does not make it a failing business.

What's even more ironic is these are the same people who don't even blink when politicians from the their side of the fence, use any excuse to spend their tax dollars to check themselves in to the Grand Hotel to "confer".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-21-19 at 07:09 AM.

You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?
    Ooops, forgot the link:
    http://www.mackinacgop.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What's even more ironic is these are the same people who don't even blink when politicians from the their side of the fence, use any excuse to spend their tax dollars to check themselves in to the Grand Hotel to "confer".
    Last edited by jcole; October-22-19 at 12:50 PM.

You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Confernce?

Lawl.

You mean the annual Mackinaw REPUBLICAN Leadership Conference?

Wow, I didn't realize Duggan and most of the COD leadership had changed sides. Thanx for that.