Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 107 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Except this is a lie. The Wall would not be effective in limiting border crossings, which is why it's a joke supported by no one outside the Cult.

Note that Republicans hate the Wall as much as Dems. Trump couldn't get a penny allocated for the Wall when Congress was under total Rep control, and not one Rep Congressman along the border supports the Wall.
    Yes there are benefactors on both sides of the isle that want unlimited border crossings to keep wages suppressed. That has already been established.

Except this is a lie. The Wall would not be effective in limiting border crossings, which is why it's a joke supported by no one outside the Cult.

Note that Republicans hate the Wall as much as Dems. Trump couldn't get a penny allocated for the Wall when Congress was under total Rep control, and not one Rep Congressman along the border supports the Wall.
    Mexican word of the day “Defense”

I was coming to America,but I could not because of Defense.

Funny,my yard is surrounded by a 4’ chainlink fence and a pit bull.

Hundreds of miles of our border is secured with two stands of barb wire and broken 60 year old posts.

People take the path of least resistance and will travel to the weakest link,it is not Trumps wall,it is America’s wall built to protect amercians,because those who oppose it would not spend 5 minutes of their life in its place.

What is really hilarious is California is now suing the Trump administration for RELEASING asylum seekers into the population,it seems as though their shelters are not equipped to handle the overflow and they have become a bit overwhelmed.

6 monthes ago they were suing the Trump administration because they were not releaseing them fast enough.

I think we have already had a terrorist attack on US soil,I think they infiltrated the water departments and dumped millions of gallons of LSD into the system,on one hand you could say,well it is California,anything is possible,but some of this stuff they have to be trying really hard to come up with some of the most off the wall stuff.

We are surrounded by walls,we actually live and sleep within walls but yet some find it really hard to grasp the concept of what a wall actually does.

Bham, You must be about the only person who believes that walls "would not be effective in limiting border crossing" and mention that "The Berlin Wall was officially the "Antifascist Protective Barrier. It's official purpose was keeping the West out of the DDR."

Israel might disagree. You are denying that walls, fences, locks and other barriers have been used throughout history by nations, prisons, rich people, and others to keep people in or out. They work pretty well. That's why people and nations keep using them. Bribed government officials open the gates as they did in China. We have Democrats. China is now erecting fencing along its N. Korean border now to keep out N. Korean immigrants. There was once a hot air balloon escape over East German walls. So sometimes even very good walls don't work. Exceptions do not make the rule.

You are correct that some Republicans who want cheap profitable labor also have not supported walls. Increase the supply of labor and the demand goes down so lower wages can be paid. Sending jobs abroad also increases the cheap labor supply. That's why Chamber of Commerce Republicans fight tariffs too.
    Last edited by oladub; February-13-19 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Yes there are benefactors on both sides of the isle that want unlimited border crossings to keep wages suppressed. That has already been established.
    Good puppet. Good boy! "Open borders" "Low wages". You've been taught well.

You forgot to mention "libtard", "fakenews", "Deep State" and "MAGA", though. Won't get Kremlin troll Bingo until you mindlessly parrot all Cult talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Bham, You must be about the only person who believes that walls "would not be effective in limiting border crossing" and mention that "The Berlin Wall was officially the "Antifascist Protective Barrier. It's official purpose was keeping the West out of the DDR."

LOL. Hope you get back to reality, one day. Daily life must be very difficult for you.

How is anyone supposed to respond to this? If you don't believe the official name, purpose and history behind the Berlin Wall, good for you, I guess. If you don't believe there are such things as planes and legal land crossings, I wish you well.

The coming months will be rough. I suggest you have your bunker ready.

LOL. Hope you get back to reality, one day. Daily life must be very difficult for you.

How is anyone supposed to respond to this? If you don't believe the official name, purpose and history behind the Berlin Wall, good for you, I guess. If you don't believe there are such things as planes and legal land crossings, I wish you well.

The coming months will be rough. I suggest you have your bunker ready.

Hey Bham, Any "gated communities" in your end of town? Why would they do anything so ineffective? Probably because it looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey Bham, Any "gated communities" in your end of town? Why would they do anything so ineffective? Probably because it looks nice.
    I suppose this is some [[awful, probably parroted) attempt at creating an analogy with the Wall, correct? You realize that subdivision gates are useless when people aren't coming through the gates, right? Immigrants don't walk to America.

If you want to waste bazillions, and built a bizarre subdivision gate on our southern border, have at it. As long as it can be removed as soon as Dotard is removed.

Illegals will continue to enter the U.S. via plane and legal land crossings, of course, like they do today. But you aren't getting the Wall. It's over. Maybe now go for the subdivision gate. And Mexico will pay for it, of course.
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-14-19 at 01:18 PM.

Good puppet. Good boy! "Open borders" "Low wages". You've been taught well.

You forgot to mention "libtard", "fakenews", "Deep State" and "MAGA", though. Won't get Kremlin troll Bingo until you mindlessly parrot all Cult talking points.

Thanks for pointing out that I understand the ramifications of "immigrants" having unlimited access to pass over a country's border and remain off the radar while they reap the benefits of services without contributing to the cost of providing those services.

As for your claim that most come by legal means at controlled access points, I'll ask you what you propose this country do to remove them after "overstaying" their visa's. After all we have the bio metrics of those "travelers."

Oh never mind. I know your answer. Deport Melania.

I suppose this is some [[awful, probably parroted) attempt at creating an analogy with the Wall, correct? You realize that subdivision gates are useless when people aren't coming through the gates, right? Immigrants don't walk to America.

?!?!?! 10,000 of them just did. Why do we have Border Patrols if "Immigrants don't walk to America"? I'm wasting my time here. What's going on is you get your jollies posting a bunch of nonsense, then reading people's responses to your post. Has to be. Here you go. On your way home to "Birmingham" today, stop @ any one of these and ask the guard "Hey Mister, Why is there a wall around your property". He'll sit you down on his knee and explain things to you.

https://www.yellowpages.com/birmingh...ed-communities
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-14-19 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks for pointing out that I understand the ramifications of "immigrants" having unlimited access to pass over a country's border and remain off the radar while they reap the benefits of services without contributing to the cost of providing those services.
    No, you're a loyal cult follower. When you spout inanities like "open borders", one can safely assume you're just parroting Trump cult gospel, because anyone living in the real world knows that the U.S.-Mexican border is one of the most militarized/secured borders on the planet, and the polar opposite of "open borders".

Furthermore, one not under the thrall of cult worship would be able to understand nuance, that it would be extremely unlikely that 100% of people opposed to a gigantic wall [[that would mean almost all Republicans and Democrats, almost all border security experts, almost all border guards, Trump before he ran for election, and basically everyone who isn't a Trump cultist) would support something as extreme, bizarre and foolish as "open borders". "Open borders" would be even dumber than the giant Trump wall.

As for your claim that most come by legal means at controlled access points, I'll ask you what you propose this country do to remove them after "overstaying" their visa's. After all we have the bio metrics of those "travelers."
    You would obviously pass bipartisan legislation that would have fixed this issue years ago [[including E-Verify, path to legalization for law abiding following major fine, and reform to existing Visa laws that prevents "tourists" from staying indefinitely), and which is basically only opposed by Trump and the Freedom Caucus, so they continue to have this issue to scare their ignorant base.

Oh never mind. I know your answer. Deport Melania.
    You don't listen, ever. I never said that Melania should be deported. The obvious point [[made repeatedly) is that you cannot simultaneously support Trump's policies and then not want Melania deported. I don't support Trump, obviously. But those who claim "all illegals need to be deported" obviously have to include "all illegals", or they're lying hypocrites.

Melania has been a law-abiding citizen. She's practically the only non-criminal in the WH. She is exactly the reason why Trump rhetoric is so stupid and hypocritical. People who came illegally, and are contributing members of our society, should have a path to legalization, while simultaneously ensuring that future migrants don't come illegally.

No, you're a loyal cult follower. When you spout inanities like "open borders", one can safely assume you're just parroting Trump cult gospel, because anyone living in the real world knows that the U.S.-Mexican border is one of the most militarized/secured borders on the planet, and the polar opposite of "open borders".

Furthermore, one not under the thrall of cult worship would be able to understand nuance, that it would be extremely unlikely that 100% of people opposed to a gigantic wall [[that would mean almost all Republicans and Democrats, almost all border security experts, almost all border guards, Trump before he ran for election, and basically everyone who isn't a Trump cultist) would support something as extreme, bizarre and foolish as "open borders". "Open borders" would be even dumber than the giant Trump wall.

You would obviously pass bipartisan legislation that would have fixed this issue years ago [[including E-Verify, path to legalization for law abiding following major fine, and reform to existing Visa laws that prevents "tourists" from staying indefinitely), and which is basically only opposed by Trump and the Freedom Caucus, so they continue to have this issue to scare their ignorant base.

You don't listen, ever. I never said that Melania should be deported. The obvious point [[made repeatedly) is that you cannot simultaneously support Trump's policies and then not want Melania deported. I don't support Trump, obviously. But those who claim "all illegals need to be deported" obviously have to include "all illegals", or they're lying hypocrites.

Melania has been a law-abiding citizen. She's practically the only non-criminal in the WH. She is exactly the reason why Trump rhetoric is so stupid and hypocritical. People who came illegally, and are contributing members of our society, should have a path to legalization, while simultaneously ensuring that future migrants don't come illegally.
    There we have it. The word of Bham.

Hey Bham, don't forget to peruse the fiction section of B&N for McCabes new book.. It's full of delusional solutions to problems only special followers can see. It might even contain some zingers from Comey.

?!?!?! 10,000 of them just did. Why do we have Border Patrols if "Immigrants don't walk to America"?
    No, they didn't. Illegal land crossings are below net zero for a decade now. If someone told you otherwise, you're being lied to.

Border patrol, among its countless tasks, ensures that outsiders don't penetrate our boundaries. They do this quite well, which is a big reason that those coming illegally come via visas.

On your way home to "Birmingham" today, stop @ any one of these and ask the guard "Hey Mister, Why is there a wall around your property". He'll sit you on his knee and explain things to you.
    If you think it's so simple, and immigration law is just like a subdivision fence, Border Patrol and security experts are a bunch of idiots, and everyone is lying to you except for Trump, then there's no reason to argue.

Everyone is dumb and in a vast conspiracy to hide the truth from the Cult. Problem solved. Just keep following your Orange Deity, as only he knows reality.

But there's still no Wall coming, ever.

No, they didn't. Illegal land crossings are below net zero for a decade now. If someone told you otherwise, you're being lied to.

Border patrol, among its countless tasks, ensures that outsiders don't penetrate our boundaries. They do this quite well, which is a big reason that those coming illegally come via visas.

If you think it's so simple, and immigration law is just like a subdivision fence, Border Patrol and security experts are a bunch of idiots, and everyone is lying to you except for Trump, then there's no reason to argue.

Everyone is dumb and in a vast conspiracy to hide the truth from the Cult. Problem solved. Just keep following your Orange Deity, as only he knows reality.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Now run along. Mom will be home soon and you know what she said about using the computer.

Hey I see progress! Bham admits there is such a thing as "illegal land crossings" !!!

Oladub's dictionary postings must've gotten through to B.

You realize your link doesn't support your claims, right? Did you read what you posted? Do you understand basic math?

"I love the uneducated". Truer words were never spoken.

Hey I see progress! Bham admits there is such a thing as "illegal land crossings" !!!
    Reading is Fundamental. These are crossings at legal borders, which have zero to do with anything [[or are you under the mistaken impression that the Wall would have banned any crossing by anyone regardless of legality?).

The vast majority of those in the U.S. illegally came via legal means. It's quite easy to enter the U.S. legally, while not having authorized permanent resident status. That means they're "illegal", but that doesn't mean their entry was illegal.

Melania did not break any laws by entering the country; she broke laws by violating the terms of her stay [[i.e. working).
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-14-19 at 04:05 PM.

Reading is Fundamental. These are crossings at legal borders, which have zero to do with anything [[or are you under the mistaken impression that the Wall would have banned any crossing by anyone regardless of legality?).

The vast majority of those in the U.S. illegally came via legal means. It's quite easy to enter the U.S. legally, while not having authorized permanent resident status. That means they're "illegal", but that doesn't mean their entry was illegal.

Melania did not break any laws by entering the country; she broke laws by violating the terms of her stay [[i.e. working).
    Yes reading is fundamental and I understand that you are concerned about "legal crossings" but I applaud you in finally recognizing that we are talking about "illegal land crossings" [[your words) and as others have already demonstrated, barriers are good deterrents at eliminating that problem.

The "travelers who over stay their visas can be found easy enough once our immigration officers are freed up from the task of rounding up the "illegal land crossers"

Welcome to the real world B.

The vast majority of those in the U.S. illegally came via legal means.
    The Center for Migration of NY says, "In 2014, about 4.5M US residents or 42% of the total undocumented population were overstays."

Either "the vast majority" or "about 42%" of illegal aliens living in the US were overstays depending on whether Bham or the Center for Migration Studies of NY is right.

In other news, with the help of president McConnell, dingus declares national emergency over border wall. Imagine if he fought this hard for protecting citizens from gun violence and affordable healthcare. Two of the most important things that everyday families worry about.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/trum...ding-bill.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    In other news, with the help of president McConnell, dingus declares national emergency over border wall.
    It will be fun to see the Supreme Court smack him down, yet again. That pesky Constitution getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The Center for Migration of NY says, "In 2014, about 4.5M US residents or 42% of the total undocumented population were overstays."

Either "the vast majority" or "about 42%" of illegal aliens living in the US were overstays depending on whether Bham or the Center for Migration Studies of NY is right.
    Both are right. The problem is you don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about. Melania was never an overstay. She also never walked over the Mexican border.

Overstays have nothing to do with anything. You don't have to be an overstay to be an illegal, and illegal non-overstays did not necessarily walk across the Mexican border [[or enter anywhere, by any means, illegally).
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-15-19 at 11:21 AM.

It will be fun to see the Supreme Court smack him down, yet again. That pesky Constitution getting in the way.
    I'm against Trump declaring a national emergency. I would define 100,000 attempted monthly southwest border crossings as a huge problem threatening our country but it is not an emergency because Congress has the authority and time to protect our country from economic invaders, the import of illegal drugs, and perhaps WMD's. There is no particular time based emergency here. If our elected representatives choose not to protect our borders, we deserve to reap the consequences. They were, after all, elected by the American people. Open borders must be what Americans wanted when they returned Democrats to the House. Venezuelans made their choices and have to live with the consequences. So will we. It isn't like the President has to make up his mind about responding to perceived incoming missiles before Congress has time to act.

"I am going to be working with Congress where I can to accomplish this, but I am also going to act on my own if Congress is deadlocked." -Obama

Every time a President stretched the definition of emergency to override Congress, as Lincoln, FDR, and Obama did, the bar gets lower.
    These past presidents have by precedent set the bar so low that Trump probably could pass Supreme Court muster. Obama, for instance, gave up to 5M illegal aliens work permits, allowed illegal alien DACA "dreamers" to stay even after saying he had no Constitutional authority to do so, and conducted an executive war on Libya. He did those things by executive order. Waging a war is probably a bigger deal than protecting our country. Obama, alone, might have abused executive orders enough to allow Trump to do the same. Actually, Trump's attempt, as Commander in Chief, to protect our border is probably more in line with the Constitution than, say, putting Japanese Americans in detention camps or incentivizing a foreign economic invasion and a cheap supply of labor. Trump should end this progression of assaults on our Constitution by leaving the fait of our country to our elected members of Congress who the Constitution charges with creating naturalization laws and protecting our borders from invasions. The President also has the power to protect our borders but only when the Legislature cannot be convened [[Art. 4, Section 4).
    Last edited by oladub; February-15-19 at 04:10 PM.

Overstays have nothing to do with anything. You don't have to be an overstay to be an illegal, and illegal non-overstays did not necessarily walk across the Mexican border [[or enter anywhere, by any means, illegally).
    Bham, I can't even follow that. Whatever happened to "The vast majority of those in the U.S. illegally came via legal means."?

Show us your statistics.