Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Ex-governor Snyder to be charged in Flint water crisis

Last edited by Maof; January-12-21 at 08:15 PM.

Default Rick Snyder to be Charged in Flint Water Probe

I know there's the megathread, but I can't find it.

To the mod, if you so choose, please merge with that thread, bump it and update accordingly:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/6642737002/

2021 already starting off on a good note!!!

I also posted the same an hour ago. Merge these two if need be.

I'm not surprised.

I think this was the old thread:
    Discuss Detroit » While in Flint, Don't drink their water

This is a classic example of businessmen thinking they can run government better, saving taxpayers money with a solution that ends up costing way more than it saved. [[Not to mention all the unnecessary medical problems.)

No word on what charges yet though.

It's about time. Why did it take this long? He's culpable, but his buddies took the fall for him.

That one tough nerd is getting thrown in the high school locker.

As someone who lived in Flint during the water crisis and who lost significant value on my home when I sold it, I say it is about friggen time. My job puts me in contact with people affected by the water crisis everyday, I sat across the table from Rick Snyder and Nick Lyons as they denied any culpability. My biggest regret was not slapping away their hands when the reached out to shake mine. [[I guess that kept me employed, lol)

Yep, That's what he gets for appointing a loser to a position of authority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyd...outputType=amp

^ Ah, yes Earley who later found his way to become of the the EFM of Detroit Public Schools.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-13-21 at 09:41 AM.

^^^ You might want to correct the name early on.

^ Did that. Thank yah.

...so supporting Joe Biden bought him no leniency. Good lesson to know when one desires to reach across the aisle to "work with the other side".

It's great to see how shallow people's memories are when they forget Two Penney Jenney left a fiscal mess he cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    ...so supporting Joe Biden bought him no leniency. Good lesson to know when one desires to reach across the aisle to "work with the other side".

It's great to see how shallow people's memories are when they forget Two Penney Jenney left a fiscal mess he cleaned up.
    Remember... that fiscal mess was nationwide... and it was called the Great Recession. No fan of Granholm [[our next Energy Secretary), but it wasn't her fault the meltdown happened across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Remember... that fiscal mess was nationwide... and it was called the Great Recession. No fan of Granholm...but it wasn't her fault the meltdown happened across the country.
    Agreed.

People are saying he's going to be arrested?

If so, when will this happen? Would love to see his mugshot.

Going after Rick is fine, but I want to know why no one went after General Motors for polluting the Flint River? And if GM didn't pollute the river, then who did?

Flint crisis had nothing to do with the pollution of the river and everything to do with the pipes and the water being untreated.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Flint crisis had nothing to do with the pollution of the river and everything to do with the pipes and the water being untreated.
    Correct... the problem was in not spending $100 to add an additive to the water [[not sure if that was a daily amount)... that prevented people's home pipes from corroding. The pipe corrosion is what caused the poisoning... could have been prevented with the additive.

Obviously he can afford the best attorneys. I haven’t heard much about the case but I would seriously doubt he is going to be convicted of, or plead guilty to a felony. Of course, his attorney fees are going to astronomical, but that’s just the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Correct... the problem was in not spending $100 to add an additive to the water [[not sure if that was a daily amount)... that prevented people's home pipes from corroding. The pipe corrosion is what caused the poisoning... could have been prevented with the additive.
    The failure to add a protective additive isn't the only problem facing Snyder. At least 12 people, and perhaps one hundred more, died after Flint switched its water supplier from Legionnaires disease. Snyder's office was aware of the disease, yet covered up the deaths for months.

Unlike lead poisoning, Legionnaires is curable with a timely treatment of antibiotics. Snyder should look good in an orange jumpsuit.

It was all about getting off of the DWSD System no matter the consequences. Lock him up!

Snyder's indictment: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/a...R_712955_7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by OCR of linked document
    INDICTMENTTHE GRAND JURY OF THE COUNTY OF GENESEE PRESENTS THAT:On or about the above date in County of GENESEE, State of MICHIGAN, theabove-named defendant:COUNT 1: WILLFUL NEGLECT OF DUTYAs Governor of the State of Michigan, a public officer, did willfully neglect hismandatory legal duty under Article V, section 8 and 10, of the MichiganConstitution, by failing to inquire into the performance, condition andadministration of the public offices and officers that he appointed and was requiredto supervise; contrary to MCL 750.478.

MISDEMEANOR: 1 year and/or $1,000.00

COUNT 2: WILLFUL NEGLECT OF DUTYAs Governor of the State of Michigan, a public officer, did willfully neglect hismandatory legal duty to protect citizens of this state against disaster and/oremergency under Public Act 390 of 1976 [[Emergency Management Act) by failing todeclare a state of emergency and/or disaster when the Governor had notice of athreat of a disaster and/or emergency in the City of Flint; contrary to MCL 750.4 78.

MISDEMEANOR: 1 year and/or $1,000.00

Also, here's the rest of the crew......https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...o-was-charged/

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    The failure to add a protective additive isn't the only problem facing Snyder. At least 12 people, and perhaps one hundred more, died after Flint switched its water supplier from Legionnaires disease. Snyder's office was aware of the disease, yet covered up the deaths for months.

Unlike lead poisoning, Legionnaires is curable with a timely treatment of antibiotics. Snyder should look good in an orange jumpsuit.
    What are the odds of someone convicted of any 1st offence misdemeanor charge, let alone a former governor, actually going to jail?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast