Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 139 of 207 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5151

The thread is titled Welcome to Trump World.

If you want to start a thread titled Welcome to Richards World then have at it.

The 62-year-old vegetarian who lives on a boat has a modest ’60s-era goal: nothing short of creating “a better world” by getting his listeners more engaged in the political process. “Tag, you’re it!” is the catchphrase he uses to end each show — a sign-off, he says, that aims to “encourage civic engagement.”

I did find that little tidbit about Thom Hartman,to bad his own supporters do not even get the message.

The living on a boat part is pretty cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The thread is titled Welcome to Trump World.

If you want to start a thread titled Welcome to Richards World then have at it.

The 62-year-old vegetarian who lives on a boat has a modest ’60s-era goal: nothing short of creating “a better world” by getting his listeners more engaged in the political process. “Tag, you’re it!” is the catchphrase he uses to end each show — a sign-off, he says, that aims to “encourage civic engagement.”

I did find that little tidbit about Thom Hartman,to bad his own supporters do not even get the message.

The living on a boat part is pretty cool though.
    So now you just cut and paste anything? Did your bot short out?

^ get to the point,the answer to that is no secret to anybody that has been following along for the last 9 years.

It is not illegal to support candidates outside ones state and last I checked Detroit was a city in the United States,correct?
    It's not illegal, but it certainly is odd considering you say you have no affiliation with Detroit. I don't often hear someone in my town say they "supported" the mayor of, say, San Francisco. Hell, I don't even know who it is.
    BTW, who did you "support" in Albuquerque?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It's not illegal, but it certainly is odd considering you say you have no affiliation with Detroit. I don't often hear someone in my town say they "supported" the mayor of, say, San Francisco. Hell, I don't even know who it is.
    BTW, who did you "support" in Albuquerque?
    Lol sense you asked the question I have not posted,”I have no affiliation with Detroit”

So bottom line is you asked a question that you already in your mind you knew the answer,your diversion was because I debunked busts post of lies and posted something positive about Trump and you wanted to bury the post with a diversion.

That is why I never answered your question,because I knew you were baiting and I wanted to give you the chance to show yourself up.

Its pretty sad Detroit still has people within it borders that hate the city,you really have little clue do you?

Just because you do not hear things it does not meen they do not exist outside of your little world,maybe grow up?
    Last edited by Richard; September-19-19 at 08:22 AM.

Lol sense you asked the question I have not posted,”I have no affiliation with Detroit”

So bottom line is you asked a question that you already in your mind you knew the answer,your diversion was because I debunked busts post of lies and posted something positive about Trump and you wanted to bury the post with a diversion.

That is why I never answered your question,because I knew you were baiting and I wanted to give you the chance to show yourself up.

Its pretty sad Detroit still has people within it borders that hate the city,you really have little clue do you?

Just because you do not hear things it does not meen they do not exist outside of your little world,maybe grow up?
    You claim not to live here, never have been here. Yet, you post on here like it's your job. I'm a Detroiter born and bred and have never moved out of the area in 63 yrs. At least my "little" world encompasses Detroit and the rest of Michigan.

You claim not to live here, never have been here. Yet, you post on here like it's your job. I'm a Detroiter born and bred and have never moved out of the area in 63 yrs. At least my "little" world encompasses Detroit and the rest of Michigan.
    Almost 9 years and over 2000 posts and you never had a problem with my postings until it was “here” as you said.

Why did you ask if I lived in Detroit if you already knew the answer?

Seems like somebody does indeed have an agenda.

I get the whole resist thing but maybe it is time to come up with a different strategy,3 years later the existing one does not seem to be working.

Or are you holding onto the whole impeach line of thought?

Were you apart of the whole resistance that brought the city into bankruptcy in your 63 years?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Detroit does not live in a bubble,it is a complex machine with many moving parts and it takes many different venues to bring it back.

While you are on your post search show me one where I have never been nothing but a supporter for the city,even when your own governor and mayor did not give a crap,I will be waiting.

Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff between spy chief and Congress, former officials say

Is anyone else following this? Trump says it's.....wait for it......fake news. Never saw that coming

Seriously though, how corrupt can one administration be? The acting DNI has refused to comply with the law based on specious legal reasoning.

Every day I think Trump can't get any more flagrant in his disregard for the rule of law. Every day he continues to do just that.

Never mind that he has passed on intelligence - whether via twitter [[secret spy photographs on at least three occasions) , or via conversations with enemy leadership [[see the Russian spy he outed by hinting to his idol Vlad that we had someone placed in the Kremlin)

This twit is a threat to everything this country is SUPPOSED to stand for, and an actual threat to our security. Of course, there are a bunch of mindless, hateful twits on here that will spout their idiotic drivel suppporting Trump in 5, 4, 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post

Every day I think Trump can't get any more flagrant in his disregard for the rule of law. Every day he continues to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Never mind that he has passed on intelligence - whether via twitter [[secret spy photographs on at least three occasions)
    https://youtu.be/qJLTEmfSuTU?t=47

This happened yesterday. I give credit to the general for his subtle rebuke, but Trump doesn't do subtle, and not surprisingly he repeats the secret info that the general tried to convey should not be discussed.

So now you just cut and paste anything? Did your bot short out?
    Yes, you could say he is bot-hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, you could say he is bot-hurt.
    so you show up to a black tie event necked often ? Eh

Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff between spy chief and Congress, former officials say

Is anyone else following this? Trump says it's.....wait for it......fake news. Never saw that coming

Seriously though, how corrupt can one administration be? The acting DNI has refused to comply with the law based on specious legal reasoning.

So what exactly do you have?

A whistleblower makes a claim that they heard a conversation that they did not agree with.

Article 2 gives a President broad powers when speaking to foreign leaders and making promises.

The very idea that the president knowing full well that every phone conversation is recorded is going to be doing something nefarious even more so in front of a group,where it should be easy to know who the whistle blower was.

He says before he handed over 250 million to a country they needed to deal with the government corruption.

A previous Vice Presidents son was placed at the top of a natural gas company in a foreign country and was in the position to control the energy policies in that country.

That was the previous administration of the United States installing a defacto government in a foreign country,for a profit.

No problem there I guess.

No problem with the previous administration handing pallets of cash to Iran and Korea to dictate foreign policy,they did ask you first right,it was your money.

Then because it is 48 hours later let’s move in to sharing intelligence with foreign countries,were people born yesterday that they think the United States just got into the business of sharing intelligence with our allies?

It was the United States that gave Russia information and tools on how to deal with their nuclear power plant melt down when we were smak dab in the middle of a Cold War.

We devote billions to the intelligence community that no other countries can so yea,we share it.

At least it is not like the previous administration that publicly announced date and time missile strikes to the enemy,that would be consider traitorous.

Nobody had a problem with that one.

O wait my bad,I am supposed to be pandering,Trump sucks let’s impeach the MF’r,or at least try and fail for like the 4th time.

Release the transcript. Blackout what is classified. Discussions pertaining to American political crap certainly is not classified. Let me guess, once again and forever Trumps word is good enough for his supporters so it is not necessary. I can’t imagine worshiping and believing everything a single human being does and says but whatever, ‘there is one born every minute’ as the saying goes. Clearly Trump made good on daddy’s money fully aware of the saying.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; September-21-19 at 02:52 PM.

So what exactly do you have? A whistleblower makes a claim that they heard a conversation that they did not agree with.
    The following is, to the best of my knowledge, factual:

It wasn't a run of the mill whistleblower. It was an intelligence official. We know this because the complaint was filed through the Intelligence Community Inspector General [[IC IG) under The Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act [[ICWPA) of 1998. The law requires the IC IG to report all credible complaints to the director of national intelligence [[DNI) within 14 days. The DNI then has 7 days to forward the complaint to the congressional intelligence committees.

In respect to the complaint at hand, the IC IG found it credible and deemed it a matter of "urgent concern" in accordance with the statute.

"Urgent concern" is defined as “a serious or flagrant problem, abuse, violation of law or Executive order, or deficiency relating to the funding, administration, or operation of an intelligence activity within the responsibility and authority of the Director of National Intelligence involving classified information.”

Since that requirement was met, Operating Director of National Intelligence [[ODNI) Maguire, in accordance with the law, should have forwarded the complaint to the congressional intelligence committees. Not only did he not transmit the complaint to the committees, he did not even report that a complaint had been filed. The committees [[HPSCI & SSCI) only became aware of the complaint because the IC IG transmitted a letter notifying them of a whistleblower complaint filed under the ICWPA. The HPSCI contacted the ODNI to imform him of his responsibilities under the law. The next day the ODNI replied that he would not comply with the law. Keep in mind, the ODNI does not have the authority to overrule the IC IG.
    End of factual accounting.

Article 2 gives a President broad powers when speaking to foreign leaders and making promises.
    I guess I missed the part where Article 2 says a president is above the law. Also, I suspect an intelligence professional/whistleblower working in the white house knows how far the president can go when speaking with foreign leaders. In fact, I suspect the whistleblower is far more knowledgeable than Trump when it comes to Article 2 powers.

The very idea that the president knowing full well that every phone conversation is recorded is going to be doing something nefarious even more so in front of a group,where it should be easy to know who the whistle blower was.
    The complaint was filed and deemed credible and valid by the IC IG so obviously Trump did speak freely and without reservation. Trump isn't like the rest of us. He says and does whatever he wants and doesn't think about possible consequences. He has lived 70+ years free from accountability. Why would he start thinking about consequences now?

By the way, has it occurred to you how big a risk the whistleblower is taking? Everyone knows what a vindictive asshole Trump is. Even with the protection offered by the ICWPA, this person is putting their neck on the line. He or she must have been greatly troubled by what they heard.

He says before he handed over 250 million to a country they needed to deal with the government corruption.
    No he didn't. Stop making things up. Congress has the power of the purse and they appropriated the money. Trump doesn't have the authority to put caveats in place which is why the money was unfrozen as soon as Congress learned Trump was sitting on it.

What's really funny is you talk about corruption. Viktor Shokin, the former prosecutor general of Ukraine was notoriously corrupt, which was why he was removed. Not because he was investigating Hunter Biden.

A previous Vice Presidents son was placed at the top of a natural gas company in a foreign country and was in the position to control the energy policies in that country.
    This was debunked ages ago. You can read the truth about it here:
    https://www.justsecurity.org/66101/t...-an-explainer/

Besides being bogus the whole story is irrelevent. True or false, it doesn't justify Trump's lawlessness, even if it was done in an attempt to expose corruption [[which it wasn't).

Republican finger pointing and empty accusations directed at Biden, or any democrat for that matter, are the epitome of hypocrisy. Trump supporters want accountability for members of the "deep state" yet are happy to enable Trump's blatant disregard for the rule of law.

Biden helped his son, using his leverage to do so. Presidents, historically have conversations and make deals with foreign leaders we are not prevy too. The more digging will only reveal more.

My take away is that corruption, and politic manipulation is rampant on both sides, defended by both, and justified by both!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-22-19 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Biden helped his son, using his leverage to do so. Presidents, historically have conversations and make deals with foreign leaders we are not prevy too. The more digging will only reveal more.

My take away is that corruption, and politic manipulation is rampant on both sides, defended by both, and justified by both!
    This is spot on.

Why?

Because it is what I believe and is all warm and fuzzy.

Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-22-19 at 10:41 AM.

There is no evidence to tie Biden to any of this. Even if there was, Trump's response was beyond inappropriate.

Trump said something like he wouldn't say anything inappropriate. My first thought was that if he's incapable of distinguishing between appropriate and inappropriate then how could he possibly know that?

He's just winging this whole presidential role as if it's a gig job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Trump said something like he wouldn't say anything inappropriate. My first thought was that if he's incapable of distinguishing between appropriate and inappropriate then how could he possibly know that?

He's just winging this whole presidential role as if it's a gig job.
    Spot on. He also thinks he would be a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize and per usual trashes Obama.......https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-prize-1508484

I'll wait to see at this point. More's coming out and as I'm not particularly batting for either team [[Biden or Trump) I'll not be too surprised there's enough mess to go around.

It may be revealed that: YES, Trump is inappropriate AND there was mingling and mangling by the then VP Biden.

Such is the way of it these days: Both/ And not always Either/ Or!

There is no evidence to tie Biden to any of this. Even if there was, Trump's response was beyond inappropriate.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-23-19 at 07:06 PM.

I think I will wait to see at this point. More is coming out and as I am not particularly batting for either team [[Biden or Trump) I will not be too surprised.

May come out that: YES, Trump is inappropriate AND there was mingling and mangling by the then VP Biden.

Such is the way of it these days: Both/ And not always Either/ or!
    SMH. I wrote, with reasonable clarity, what Trump did that is illegal. I laid out the process of how a whistleblower complaint is made and the process it normally under goes from there. What Trump thinks Joe Biden did is irrelevant.

^^^ That's a point! His opinion matters less than what may have happened [[inclusive of Biden).
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-24-19 at 07:09 AM.

SMH. I wrote, with reasonable clarity, what Trump did that is illegal. I laid out the process of how a whistleblower complaint is made and the process it normally under goes from there. What Trump thinks Joe Biden did is irrelevant.

So let me get this straight,when Trump does something in your mind,you learn what illegal is,but if it suits your agenda it is just an undocumented action.

You guys sure campaign for prison reform but in true practice as long as you deem somebody has done something illegal in your mind,due process and proof and facts and all that other silly stuff just flies out the window.

Kinda like parroting the narrative of they were sending children to thier death without knowing the facts.

Even after I laid out the entire process in 3 50 mile long posts.

A lot of people were burned for being a witch back in the day,I see we have progressed little.

Agree with the What Trump thinks Biden did is irrelevant,just as irrelevant as you thinking in your mind what Trump did is illegal.

Go back through the whole Russian collusion posts,the left was steadfast that Trump colluded with the Russians but they were proven wrong again and again.
    Last edited by Richard; September-23-19 at 10:41 PM.

Who is the whistle-blower in all of this?

Seems to be double-optioned dog-level sound for the dems and pubs!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-24-19 at 08:15 AM.

^ I tried posting the CNN link but capcha is on a roll.

He had 5 conversations with world leaders that day,so they do not even know who and what yet.

The whistle blower did not even hear it directly,more so water cooler talk.

So with listening to the call nobody knows anything for a fact.

They said there was a whistleblower but maybe there was not one and it was all just a ruse to bring out the Biden thing,like useing the press against themselves.
    Last edited by Richard; September-24-19 at 07:46 AM.