Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mitch McConnell says “the mob was fed lies”

Interesting how the narrative on the election results from republican power brokers is now changing. Why now? Dead Americans at the US capital? Trump with only hours left in power? The US military locking down DC with 20,000+ troops?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...eachment-trial

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Interesting how the narrative on the election results from republican power brokers is now changing.
    But Lindsay Graham remains true to his role as cheerleader.

Name:  Lindsey_Graham_Keeping_It_Gay.jpg
Views: 9628
Size:  138.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    But Lindsay Graham remains true to his role as cheerleader.

Name:  Lindsey_Graham_Keeping_It_Gay.jpg
Views: 9628
Size:  138.1 KB
    And our new vie president is a jewel!

Name:  7627016B-A582-4701-BCB4-0838718438A5.jpg
Views: 9642
Size:  72.2 KB

He is right,the mob was fed lies,for the last 4 years.

From fake Russian conspiracy theories to false accusations against appointees,to fake quid pro quo charges and the interpretation of words spoken in order to twist them into something that was not said in order to fan the flames of hatred.

The mob is still being spread lies,but they are so eager to create an enemy in order to attack they will continue to believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    And our new vie president is a jewel!

Name:  7627016B-A582-4701-BCB4-0838718438A5.jpg
Views: 9642
Size:  72.2 KB
    On the bright side of things,there probably is no question that she is an actual woman.

^ Uh-oh! No you didn't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The mob is still being spread lies,but they are so eager to create an enemy in order to attack they will continue to believe them.
    Yes... like 3,141 separate voting jurisdictions each had voter fraud in 2020... [[oh my bad... not the ones where the republicans won... but only the ones where the democrats won)... we're still waiting for a single court jurisdiction to even acknowledge it could have happened... 60 judges can't be wrong...

But that doesn't stop the folks that like to copy/paste Google searches that meet their agenda...
    Last edited by Gistok; January-21-21 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yes... like 3,141 separate voting jurisdictions each had voter fraud in 2020... [[oh my bad... not the ones where the republicans won... but only the ones where the democrats won)... we're still waiting for a single court jurisdiction to even acknowledge it could have happened... 60 judges can't be wrong...

But that doesn't stop the folks that like to copy/paste Google searches that meet their agenda...
    And not one of them even looked at any evidence! Oh I forgot evidence means nothing to democrats they can impeach with no evidence no witnesses or no hearings!

If there was no evidence presented, what were the courts supposed to look at? And remember, many, if not most, of those judges were Republican appointees, a lot of them Trump's.
    And not one of them even looked at any evidence! Oh I forgot evidence means nothing to democrats they can impeach with no evidence no witnesses or no hearings!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If there was no evidence presented, what were the courts supposed to look at? And remember, many, if not most, of those judges were Republican appointees, a lot of them Trump's.

Chump's rambling talk with Georgia's governor should have produced some votes, "if and only if" the latter had stooped to the former's level. Lol

In fact, there is so much to this bizarro president from beginning to end, that in 2016, "House of Cards" petered out for lack of punch in comparison.
    Last edited by canuck; January-21-21 at 04:35 PM.

Biden’s own words

Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden recently bragged that Democrats have created the “most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” he said.

Watch the video,the words are coming out of his mouth.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/24...rican-history/

Nearly half of Democrats think the 2016 presidential election was “rigged,” according to a new poll released this week by YouGov. The poll found that a whopping 42 percent of Democrats believe the election was rigged. Only 58 percent of Democrats responded that Donald Trump was “legitimately” elected on Nov. 8.

Last edited by Richard; January-21-21 at 05:53 PM.

^ Did he [[Biden) perhaps mistakenly mean to say 'anti voter fraud'? He's closing his eyes at points, as he processes the sentence [[an indicator that he's have some difficulty with making sure his words are precise).

Good grief - that'd not surprise me, and would be far better the alternative!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 06:45 PM.

They seem to be very careful about what he says,as if it is all rehearsed before hand.

After seeing how quick they got the media out of there yesterday and even during the campaign,you can tell either he shares the same feeling about them as Trump or they are being careful about reactions.

He has no problem cutting them off while walking away,it is going to be interesting to see how that all plays out,I do not think he will stand for it either.

He is approaching 80,so he could be just getting old and grumpy with little tolerance for the silliness that media has portrayed in the last 4.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-21 at 06:48 PM.

Um... Richard... that is a 25 second video... perhaps you can share the "bigger picture" video that explains the entire context of this speech. I can't seem to find it... hmmm.... from The Federalist.... well that's almost a reliable source.

Taking a 25 second video and using it to PROVE anything is kinda lame. Lets hear the whole video... it might put things into perspective. Unless this was just an overvoiced video. If it wasn't an overvoiced video... then a longer video can prove that...
    Last edited by Gistok; January-21-21 at 07:24 PM.

All the noose that's fit to print;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Federalist_[[website)

In depth investigative newsfaking.

Reuter's has an article about it; the part of the quote that they used was taken from a 27 minute video where he was discussing a voter fraud PROTECTION program. Typical of The Federalist.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN27E2VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ Did he [[Biden) perhaps mistakenly mean to say 'anti voter fraud'? He's closing his eyes at points, as he processes the sentence [[an indicator that he's have some difficulty with making sure his words are precise).

And he closes his eyes when he feels that he is going to stutter; it's a tactic you learn when you have a speech impediment. He's had a life long stutter which makes people accuse him of being senile, etc, when he actually has a disability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Um... Richard... that is a 25 second video... perhaps you can share the "bigger picture" video that explains the entire context of this speech. I can't seem to find it... hmmm.... from The Federalist.... well that's almost a reliable source.

Taking a 25 second video and using it to PROVE anything is kinda lame. Lets hear the whole video... it might put things into perspective. Unless this was just an overvoiced video. If it wasn't an overvoiced video... then a longer video can prove that...
    No,now that Biden is in office I need to conform to the democrat principles and only post a section of a video in order to draw outrage and not allow full context.

See what a good little democrat I am,learning fast

Heck next I am going to ingore all of the documented false stories put out by CNN and just use them exclusively,because they are a trusted source.

Remember your outrage at Trump for Charlotte when they said he never denounced the right wing groups,and showed that clip where they omitted the part where he also condemned the far right groups and voilence.

CNN also posted that clip as fact,without the facts,they just forgot to add the part that did not fit their narrative.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-21 at 07:46 PM.

The Federalist, Conservativefighters and teamcandaceowens.com? All conspiracy theory, extreme bias "news" sources. Have to do better than that Richard.

Richard... no I don't remember Charlotte North Carolina... and him not denouncing a rally of right wingers... but I do remember Charlottesville Virginia, when he did so. Was I outraged... no not in the least... but I was surprised when he continued his right wing "stars and bars" speech in front of the White House that rallied his followers over to the Capitol. I also don't doubt that there were some Antifa folks among the huge crowd. And I will be very curious when the dust has settled on prosecutions to determine just how many of each group were at the Capitol insurrection. We're probably months away from final answers...

They didn't look at any evidence because there wasn't any. Most of the cases that got tossed out of court were brought on legal/procedural issues, and the evidence given in the complaints as the grounds for those actions didn't even rise to the level where the cases were triable. Courts at every level, up to and including the Supreme Court, with judges appointed by Democrats, Republicans, and Trump himself, rejected almost all of these suits as having no merit.

But even Trump's lawyers and most the other lawyers who brought cases didn't assert charges of actual election fraud. Because to do so with the glaring lack of any credible evidence would have been cited by the courts as a frivolous action and not only been laughed out of court, but put their licenses and livelihoods in danger. It is notable that not a single state, including those with Republican governments, brought any evidence or charge of systematic voter fraud.

in other words, it was all a big lie.

Yes. I'm very familiar with the technique -- I present publicly per one of my career pathways, and can sense myself doing it when I nervous/ stressed. I've stifled it more in this new world of all-things-video [[and recorded) unless I have my avatar up and need only be heard.

His eyes IMO speak to a weakened countenance, stamina - noted withstanding the cause and hearty debate. Hey inarguably, he's old[[er) -- it's tough to remain fast on your feet, presenting the mental agility to speak, debate, and or speak extemporaneously. Thus, he doesn't go there too often. Good. Best to work from your comfort area. He should do so.

And he closes his eyes when he feels that he is going to stutter; it's a tactic you learn when you have a speech impediment. He's had a life long stutter which makes people accuse him of being senile, etc, when he actually has a disability.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 09:41 PM.

Got it, thanks. This one may be debatable - I rarely use right wing sites as a referent as that becomes the focus [[as it should in some cases as with the far left ones - ala whoever's agenda), etc.

As it stands Joe Biden has made more than a few gaffs and unfortunate, hasty statements [[that made it to eh' um main-stream media and sites) less ambiguous and subject to debate.

We're but at the beginning to hear/ see what he will communicate onward.

Reuter's has an article about it; the part of the quote that they used was taken from a 27 minute video where he was discussing a voter fraud PROTECTION program. Typical of The Federalist.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN27E2VH
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    The Federalist, Conservativefighters and teamcandaceowens.com? All conspiracy theory, extreme bias "news" sources. Have to do better than that Richard.
    Please do not make me make another 6 mile long post highlighting all of the fake news stories and retractions posted by NYT CNN CBS Etc.

I already posted it once but we all have internet search capabilities,maybe you can provide a undisputed news source that has not been putting out fake news,I am all ears.

Here I will save you some time

post #1259

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?24877-Voter-Fraud-in-Detroit&p=606564#post606564

Thats okay I will not hold it against you when you fell for those ones,remember?

Which reminds me,I promised a part 2 of that post,ready for it yet?

about those crediable new source you were referring to .....

Gistoc

here is the Charlotte reference for clarification,it should jar some memories

One of the biggest fake news stories ever was that President Trump said about Charlottesville that there were good people on the white supremacists side. Never Happened. That is a doctored quote. Here is the full quote:

"you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.....I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.

See it was that last sentence that they some how forgot to include.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-21 at 09:34 PM.

Mitch said "The mob was fed lies".

Glen Greenwald is now saying that the entire Country was fed lies about the Capitol invasion. The evidence seems to be getting weaker or at least more unsubstantiated that Officer SickNick was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher. This isn't for certain but the promised lab reprots still haven't emerged. I would add that the promised aerial photos of the crowd outside haven't been released either. The authorities have been backing off on many parts of the story. Not one shot was heard fired from anyone inside the Capitol except for the shot that struck Ms. Babbitt in the neck. One danger is that if we can't believe the press about the Capitol riot story, we can't believe the press about the happy talk economic news those same media companies are feeding us.

The False and Exaggerated Claims Still Being Spread About the Capitol Riot

Of the Capitol riot, Greenwald says, "Any time force or violence is introduced into what ought to be the peaceful resolution of political conflicts, it should be lamented and condemned.But none of that justifies lying about what happened that day, especially by the news media. Condemning that riot does not allow, let alone require, echoing false claims in order to render the event more menacing and serious than it actually was. There is no circumstance or motive that justifies the dissemination of false claims by journalists. The more consequential the event, the less justified, and more harmful, serial journalistic falsehoods are."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast