Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 145 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 5151

Yeppers you can bet yer bottom dollar that some of that Kurdish military hardware was finding it's way north into Turkey.

Abc News caught faking video footage. Gotta keep the narrative going.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...dish-civilians

I like this one...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183803117323862016

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see....
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; October-15-19 at 12:17 PM.

^^^ Was that Godzilla's angry winged cousin throwing those flames?

SIX YEARS OF WORK DESTROYED IN SIX DAYS: THE COLLAPSE OF EASTERN SYRIA

From the article:

The US military, which was left out of the loop of White House decision-making, tried to deal with Turkey’s threats and concerns, by establishing a “security mechanism” and getting the SDF to destroy forts and obstacles to Turkey’s upcoming attack. The US thought it was building trust, but Turkey was merely getting the US to do its work for it. The US military had been training 110,000 SDF fighters and had no idea that in Washington they were about to be thrown into chaos, watching those they trained be killed and ordered to leave.

The US decision also said “Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters” in eastern Syria. Turkey hadn’t agreed to this, but Trump wanted to force European countries or others to deal with the ISIS detainees. Except for renditioning several of them, the US walked away as the ISIS fighters tried to flee their facilities....

^ that site was a pita with its apple sweepstakes winner and constant reloading.

It seems to be based on the fake video from ABC in some points.

Some of it makes no sense.

Turkey announced thier intentions a year ago,but the Kurds and US military were blindsided ?

So Turkey told Trump in secret what they going to do?

Everybody knew a year ago what was coming.

Even with the Dems standing up on stage and saying we should have never left the Kurds like that.

What is our options?Put US troops on the ground in order to protect the Kurds in a war against Turkey.

What part of the United States has zero right to wage war on somebodies else’s soil are they unclear on?

We cannot do that without first declaration of war against Sryia and do a regime change,Sryia is backed by Russia.

All we are hearing is agenda based Trump did this and it is horrible.

But yet nobody has come up with solutions outside of flat out war with US troops involved,that is why the Kurds were used in the first place,because no US troops were going to be involved in direct combat,otherwise we would have had to commit full scale regime change in Sryia.

The Kurds demanding the US provide air strikes against Turkey?

From where? Our air bases in Turkey that we have been using to launch against ISIS? That does not even make sense.

This looks more and more on a daily basis of trying to push Trump into war simply to say ,I told you so,the jerk is going to get us into a war.

It does not matter that US military personnel will be the ones paying the price for politics and no other reason.

There is no law against the politicians or anybody else for that matter of jumping on a plane and joining the Kurds in thier fight if they feel so strongly about it,the Kurds have plenty of weapons to hand out.

What “Troops” do we have on the ground? Intelligence and advisory positions,we do not actually have a force of combat troops on the ground there.

I did see one screw up where a news reporter was over there complaining how Trump left the Kurds hanging but forgot to edit out the private contractors milling about in the background.

I guess that is where the 11 million a day is going.
    Last edited by Richard; October-16-19 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Was that Godzilla's angry winged cousin throwing those flames?
    Dracarys.

I read this article last night and wanted to share it because the author, Mark Bowden [[author of Black Hawk Down), has established himself within the military as an honest journalist.

Anyone who wants to read it and encounters a paywall, please let me know. I'll copy and paste the article directly.

The article reflects many of the concerns I've heard from veterans I know.

Most interesting is toward the end of the article when Gen. McMaster's philosophy of how to work with/for Trump is contrasted with Generals Mattis and Kelley.

Anecdotally, I met Bowden at a book signing at the Ft. Dix PX.

Top Military Leaders Unload on Trump
    By: Mark Bowden

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/598360/

Oh yeah. I only watched a few episodes.

I felt bad about that until I heard how poorly the last closing shows were [[Game of Thrones).

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    Dracarys.

Dracarys is right.

Richard I won't go on the web without using two ad blocker/anti tracker extensions.

Privacy Badger and Ghostery.

There is a browser that has that stuff built in and a vpn if you want to use it. Opera.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; October-16-19 at 02:38 PM.

Shelby ^ “The hard part,” one general said, “is that he may be president for another five years.”

God willing he will be there another 5 years.

That opinion write up is so full of BS and if we were in an actual declared war,treasonous.

There is a reason there is a commander in chief,that is to keep the experts within the military in check,those are the ones that actually are not dieing in battle.

Just calling the shots in a protected dome.

They had no problem with Obama warning the enemy in advance of times and gps locations of scheduled strikes?

You are a soldier in the Middle East standing in the middle of a marketplace,a child or woman starts running up to the crowd with a wild look in thier eyes.

You have 2 seconds to shoot them.

If you shoot them and they were a suicide bomber you just saved hundreds of lives.

If you shoot them and they were not a suicide bomber you will be brought up on murder charges.

Think really hard and put yourself in that situation,but you only have two seconds to make that call.

There are some in the military that support pressing charges,they have no place in the military and are better off in civilian life.

That mindset creates hesitation and hesitation causes lives to be lost.

Start second guessing and you are dead,really quick.

Have a problem with extracting information useing not so nice methods?

Anybody really think that sitting down with with these guys over tea and crumpets and asking pretty please is the answer?

Haveing served I have great respect for the military and this country but am under no illusions that everybody in the military is a stand up person,no different then the police force,lots of good guys and lots of guys n gals that have no buisness being where they are.

We had Naval vessels running into civilian ships,all the technology in the world could not replace the incompetence aboard those vessels.

So to say some general in the military said this and take it as word of god is hogwash.

A lot of good Americans have died because some officer had a little brass on them for no reason.

We will never rid the world of ISIS and we will never force peace in the Middle East but we will count the bodies of dead Americans when we keep playing games like we do.

I love war,everything about it,it’s a adrenaline rush like snorting a kilo of cocaine,I would love to be on the front lines of totally destroying the Middle East,Korea,and half of African continent and pretty much everybody else that disagrees with us.

But it is not really logical to wipe out millions,just because.

Shelby,your opinion article mentions a lot of uncertainties,you have been there and know full well where uncertainty gets you.

Trump could have done this and maybe this would have happen,or he could of done this and maybe that would have happened,you work with what you have in front of you and do so in a way that protects your interests in the best way.

All these high up military know full well that we are not in a declaration of war in Sryia,we were guests in that country with limited capacity.

Where were they during the Obama Administration when this started? How come they did not push Obama and congress to declare all out war regime change in Syria?

Why ? Because Obama did not want to see dead Americans in body bags being carried back,they respected his decision but yet have a problem with Trumps decisions.

They were both commander in chief,the military leaders current and past that are questioning actions strictly because of Trump,they need to walk away because they are the danger that the military faces and not Trump.

The military has no buisness getting involved in the politics and the politics have no buisness getting involved with the military.

Amercians in general need to wake up to the fact of if you want and expect the military to protect you and this country things are going to happen that you may not agree with,but that is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Dracarys is right.

Richard I won't go on the web without using two ad blocker/anti tracker extensions.

Privacy Badger and Ghostery.

There is a browser that has that stuff built in and a vpn if you want to use it. Opera.
    That was the Loot train attack,one of the best episodes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-wyiJgzm8

I am on IPhone with not many options,I actually went from 3 to 6 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Shelby ^ “The hard part,” one general said, “is that he may be president for another five years.”

God willing he will be there another 5 years.

Amercians in general need to wake up to the fact of if you want and expect the military to protect you and this country things are going to happen that you may not agree with,but that is how it works.

Amercians are better left to their own devices. Why do you need to upset another nation, get involved in another boondoggle?

God Bless Amercia!

Tiring of the Google 'all knowing-all directing' ecosphere I've switched to Opera as a browser - ditching Google Chrome.

...There is a browser that has that stuff built in and a vpn if you want to use it. Opera.

Opera?

So the rumors are not true? It is really owned by the Chinese and not just a shell baited and run by the NSA and FBI? It did have some sense to it. Half a billion is a drop in the bucket out of the black budget and the times were what they were in the mid 2000s...

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Opera?
    So the rumors are not true? It is really owned by the Chinese and not just a shell baited and run by the NSA and FBI? It did have some sense to it. Half a billion is a drop in the bucket out of the black budget and the times were what they were in the mid 2000s...
    Apparently owned by a Chinese Capital Co.
    In November 2016, the original Norwegian owner of Opera sold his stake in the business to a Chinese consortium under the name Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I Limited Partnership for $600 million
    Here's a link to the Opera forum where people are discussing the fact that engineers left within days of Opera being sold. Also questions raised about trusting the Chinese as well as other pros and cons.
    https://forums.opera.com/topic/28946...ully-trusted/8

I understand the vpn portion was not sold. ???

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Amercians are better left to their own devices. Why do you need to upset another nation, get involved in another boondoggle?

God Bless Amercia!

We did not do anything here

According to the MSF news release, the overall Rohingya death toll during the 31 days following the start of violence could be as high as 13,759, including at least 1,000 children under the age of 5.

"They killed and killed and piled the bodies up high. It was like cut bamboo," said Mumtaz, a Rohingya woman from the village of Tula Toli in western Myanmar, who woke up to find herself on a mound of charred bodies.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2017/12/14/asi...IIStt3HVk0nlQ-

Over 13,000 civilians killed in 30 days,men women and children.

Where was the compassionate Canada?

In the United States we have politicians falsely screeching about kids drinking out of toilets while thousands of miles away
    kids are being hacked to death,Funny how the world works eh.

I understand the vpn portion was not sold. ???
    What I read here is that it is still part of Opera, but this opinion is that it's worth what it costs: nothing.
    https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/opera-vpn/

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What I read here is that it is still part of Opera, but this opinion is that it's worth what it costs: nothing.
    https://thebestvpn.com/reviews/opera-vpn/
    I am going to test Vivaldi. First on a Windows 10 Laptop. Then on a Linux machine.

Will update someplace.

The thing about Opera is that it is a killer lightweight app on mobile devices.

that site was a pita with its apple sweepstakes winner and constant reloading.
    I had no problem with the site. I use Mozilla with the extension ublock origin. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ublock-origin/
    It's really easy to use. It blocks everything, including youtube adds, and is easy on memory. I can't remember the last time I saw an ad.

The thing about Opera is that it is a killer lightweight app on mobile devices.
    I used to use it about 8-10 yrs ago. I honestly can't remember why I quit. Probably built a new computer and didn't think to add it back in. I was running 4 different ones on Win7 and liked Chrome the best; I will admit Google didn't have its finger in every pie back then but does now. I'm real tired of it asking me to "log in" every time I open it. Let me know about Vivaldi.

Seems like conflict of interest and the emolument clause is down the toilet....The POS claims he will not profit from it.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/17/77036...ost-g-7-summit
    Last edited by Maof; October-17-19 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Seems like conflict of interest and the emolument clause is down the toilet....The POS claims he will not profit from it.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/17/77036...ost-g-7-summit

Is that kinda like stop and frisk?

Yep according to me it seems like he is guilty so that is enough.

he earned $76 million in income from Doral in 2018. But in a sign of how the Trump brand has struggled since he became a political figure, that's a substantial drop from the nearly $116 million the resort earned for him in 2016.

Seems to me he is not only not drawing a salary that he is entitled to as president,he is also losing millions per year on a personal level.

WTF is wrong with the guy,he should be taking lessons from the Clinton clan and maximizing profit while in public service.

People are more worried about a self funded billionaire in office then they are about politicians entering office and becoming millionaires.