Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You should take a ride in a boxcar heading for a shower,then you would possibly have an understanding of Hitler.
    Tell that to this person:
    https://www.newsweek.com/im-holocaus...ok-over-876965

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I would not actually tell him anything,what I would do is ask him,how does he know what Germany was like between 1920 -1930 if he was born in 1939,how does he use that as a reference as to where we are headed based on his experiences 10 years before he was born.

Clearly he hates Trump and calls him a psychopath,what lessons about hate did he learn?

They use Charlottesville as a measure of the path we are going down but white supremest rally’s have been going on for over 150 years.

He champions us electing a black president as a measure of advancement but yet clearly sees color as a determining factor but no mention of Trump being a fellow Jew in office.

He says Trump enabled but it was not under the Trump administration that saw this country burning books and destroying the history that they did not agree with and created hate and divisions.

I am not sure why they mentioned his history as a concentration camp survivor,he was there from age 1 to age 3 how much does one remember at that age.

If he would have stayed in Poland after the war he would have been under communist rule but he received sanctuary in the United States which brought him to a successful career.

At age 79 surly he has been eyes open enough to see how politics plays out through the years.

What is really interesting is the comment that New York is the last hold out of resistance,what is this resistance that he speaks of?

If he has been funding and supporting this resistance against our democratic republic, after it has provided him a life that he would have never achieved had he stayed in Poland,one really needs to question his real intent.

JP Morgan funded Germany’s rebuilding to be able to wag war after they pull funds from the US and threw it into a recession in 1929.

Standard Oil provided Germany with the petroleum chemicals to wage war.

Henry Ford and others provided Germany with the technology to wage war.

Hitler was no different then any other historical dictatorship,they are all the same control the population through violence,eliminating anybody that they do not agree with while promises of making everybody’s life gets better because they are there to take care of them.

What party does that represent in this country,certainly not Trump.

The inner cities are stark examples of people blindly following leaders that claim to be their saviors while keeping them down,you cannot hide that.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-20 at 08:17 PM.

I would not actually tell him anything,what I would do is ask him,how does he know what Germany was like between 1920 -1930 if he was born in 1939
    I know you haven't heard of them.....but there are these things that can be found in libraries and stores, called 'books'. They often contain useful and insightful information about history, even going back before people alive today were born!

Also if those are too much trouble, it turns out you can find out all sorts of information on the internet, not all of it BS spewed by 'Florida Men' named Richard.

Some of it is even reputable, with stuff like citations, quotes, references and primary research.

They use Charlottesville as a measure of the path we are going down but white supremest rally’s have been going on for over 150 years.
    The fact Charlottesville happened at all ought to worry any decent human being, that things like it have happened before is not in dispute, it wasn't good then either.

The larger concern about Charlottesville was the President's reaction to same, seeming to excuse or downplay conduct that clearly resulted in someone's death. It was, at best, immoral and unethical conduct on the part of the sitting President. At worst, that persons' description maybe a more apt fit.

He champions us electing a black president as a measure of advancement but yet clearly sees color as a determining factor but no mention of Trump being a fellow Jew in office.
    WTF!!!!!! Trump is not Jewish!!! Not culturally, theologically or ethically!

From Wikipedia:

"
    The original Trump family in Germany are Lutheran members[59][60] of the Evangelical Church of the Palatinate, although that region has been overwhelmingly Calvinist[61][62] since Frederick III, Elector Palatine introduced the Reformed faith in the mid 16th century.[63] Members of the family's American branch, beginning with Mary Anne McLeod, tend to be Presbyterians, Dutch Reformed or adherents of other Reformed denominations. Donald Trump's parents belonged to the Reformed Church in America, although he was confirmed at one of the Presbyterian Church [[USA) congregations himself.[64] This matter of membership, like in case of many American Protestants, does not play a big role since he attends services of both denominations and other ones that are part of the Reformed tradition, and sometimes even some that subscribe to other Protestant branches [[like the Episcopal Church [[USA), an Anglican denomination).
    In 2016, Donald Trump visited Bethesda-by-the-Sea, an Episcopal Church, for a Christmas service.[65] Melania Trump is, like most Slovenians, Roman Catholic"

[quote]
    Hitler was no different then any other historical dictatorship,they are all the same control the population through violence....
    [quote]

How many such people are responsible for a World War and the deaths of 80 Million people? [[casualties of WWII). Right STFU before a real veteran tells you exactly where to go, they wont' be as nice as me.

^ you sure think a lot of yourself , eh?

at the end of WW2 465,000 Germans died as they were systematically removed from the rest of the world,as long as you are working on your researching skills,research ethnic cleansing that has occurred in the past and continues today.

The Branco regime had tens of thousands of Brazilians — many of whom supported the coup — arrested and tortured to death. Twenty solid years of dictatorship followed, with Brazilian torturers, to make matters even worse, acting as a kind of expert tech support to all of the other US-backed dictatorships in South America that would soon follow…

Throughout this period, Chileans could even get arrested and shot for protesting a massive hike in bus fares, as forming a protest group appeared to be “collectivist” behavior. To this day, nobody really knows what happened to the nearly 50,000 people killed by Pinochet’s orderlies.

These children would eventually grow up to overthrow Ceausescu, but during his 23 years in power, the regime liquidated all potential political opposition at home and funneled Romania’s resources out through an elaborate network of public-private partnerships that made the Communist dictator one of the world’s richest men.

A 2006 government commission investigation into the killings estimates that at least 100,000 civilians were executed by the U.S.-backed regime during the Korean War, adding that such a figure is very conservative.

In 2002 — just after this U.S. aid entered Uzbekistan borders — Karimov had two dissidents boiled alive. Three years later, his regime had hundreds of anti-government protesters in the city of Andijan slaughtered.

Following sectarian violence between Arakanese and Rohingya in June 2012, government authorities destroyed mosques, conducted violent mass arrests, and blocked aid to displacedMuslims. On October 23, after months of meetings and public statements promoting ethnic cleansing, Arakanese mobs attacked Muslim communities in nine townships, razing villages and killing residents while security forces stood aside or assisted the assailants. Some of the dead were buried in mass graves, further impeding accountability.

I could go on on but I would hate to interrupt your task of actually getting a grip.

Trumps reaction to Charlottesville was exactly how it should have been,there was good people there and bad people but just as his comments about Hispanic bad hombres were declared racist against Hispanics as a whole,you liberal commies like to take everybody and group them together as one when the fact remains.

There are good people in the world and there are bad people,you guys just want to classify everybody as a collective that does not agree with you and eliminate them from society.

They users to sell a tool called a label maker,that is all you are,somebody inputs information in your mind and you spit out the label,completely devoid of self thought,sad way to be but I guess if that is how you are conditioned,you know no different.

^^^
    Looks like someone did a quick Google search, and cut and pasted crap together without any idea where one thing ends and another begins.

Pinochet, Branco, etc. were all piece of shite fascist dictators, all backed by the US. And all probably idolized by Trump, since he adores thugs like Putin and these guys.

^^^
    Looks like someone did a quick Google search, and cut and pasted crap together without any idea where one thing ends and another begins.

Pinochet, Branco, etc. were all piece of shite fascist dictators, all backed by the US. And all probably idolized by Trump, since he adores thugs like Putin and these guys.
    Welcome to Richardland

^^^

Actually I used yahoo search,you should try that new fangled search thingy before you post,you might learn something.

Clearly you got the point that all dictators are a piece of shite,so based on your knowledge why support candidates that lean that way when you clearly know the end result?

Then you post that you did not know where one posting ended and the other began but named Pinochet,Branco etc,so you must have figured it out.

Cookie for you today.

Clearly you got the point that all dictators are a piece of shite,so based on your knowledge why support candidates that lean that way when you clearly know the end result?
    You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has displayed great empathy with virtually every one of the world's most vile dictators.

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has literally called part of our Constitution "fake."

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has blatantly violated constitutional law - the emoluments clauses he called "fake."

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who clearly thinks laws should NOT apply to him - and has stated exactly that.

So how do the current crop of Democratic candidates emulate those dictators? Be specific, and provide verifiable evidence.

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has displayed great empathy with virtually every one of the world's most vile dictators.

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has literally called part of our Constitution "fake."

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who has blatantly violated constitutional law - the emoluments clauses he called "fake."

You support/worship the only presidential candidate who clearly thinks laws should NOT apply to him - and has stated exactly that.

So how do the current crop of Democratic candidates emulate those dictators? Be specific, and provide verifiable evidence.
    You just made a list of claims without being specific or providing verifiable evidence and yet you ask me to do what you cannot.

All of the evidence that you have provided in the past has been links to opinions based on conjecture,if you believe it does it make it fact?

We can start with Bernie

Did you know when he was elected mayor,he created a new position for his girlfriend with a salary of $150,000 a year.He told the city council that objected at the time,he was the boss.

That same girlfriend had a friend set up a media company that raised 43 million and then collected a

so the firm has made in excess of 7 million dollars in commission from the Bernie 2016 account since Senator Sanders announced his candidacy.

[/COLOR]https://medium.com/@VonEbsy/old-town...n-40cbac5cb4c3

“Bernie Sanders, our revolutionary friend, ought to win in the United States,” Maduro said during an hours-long televised broadcast in 2016.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/bernie-s...r_3080642.html

The thing is that you do not understand RB,is a candidate is not going to stand up and run on a dictatorship platform,they will do what all of the others have done,gain power then systematically remove the rights from its citizens by implementing laws.

You really think the progressive candidates can really implement the programs they are suggesting while we remain under our current democratic republic?

I'm not aware of any Democratic presidential candidate who supports the 10th. Amendment but that's too easy. How could Democrats exist at the federal level if they did?

I don't want to write a book in response so I'll just mention a couple of news items from yesterday and today in response to your question.

Yesterday, Sen. Warren had a disagreement with a father who had paid for his daughter's education. She basically laughed at him. But is there for students and their families who want free stuff, many are rich, to buy their votes. Again, I don't know what part of the Constitution delegates the bulk of educational costs to the federal government. That is simply being unconstitutional but on January 14, Sen. Warren was talking like a dictator, "We have a student loan crisis—and we can't afford to wait for Congress to act. I’ve already proposed a student loan debt cancellation plan, and on day one of my presidency, I’ll use existing laws to start providing that debt cancellation immediately."

At least Hitler had the decency to request that his parliament pass the Enabling Act of 1933 which allowed the Chancellor to pass his own laws exclusive of the Reichstag. He didn't want to wait for his parliament either. Article 2 of the Enabling Act reads, "Laws enacted by the government of the Reich may deviate from the constitution as long as they do not affect the institutions of the Reichstag and the Reichsrat. The rights of the President remain unaffected."
    Instead of using the Constitution, Sen. Warren, in this case, proposes to use her 'pen and a phone'.

Today, Joe Biden threatened to fire ICE agents who arrested drunk driving illegal non-citizens and sent then home. This isn't the same as when all Democratic candidates raised their hands when asked if they would provide free medical care for illegal non-citizens. Uncle Joe, or is it now Uncle Ho, is threatening and intimidating federal employees who do their jobs. He sides with the invaders just as Quisling did.

Oladub, that is the most repulsive, preposterous, stupifying and offensive thing you've yet posted. What respect I had for you is now lost for good.

I realize you're ok with being ill-thought of; but that post really is disgusting top to bottom.

It would be even if any part of it were correct.

But your very post contains information right there in the text saying that everything else you've said is complete and utter bullshit. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    "We have a student loan crisis—and we can't afford to wait for Congress to act. I’ve already proposed a student loan debt cancellation plan, and on day one of my presidency, I’ll use existing laws to start providing that debt cancellation immediately."

She has made a commitment to act within the bounds of existing legislation which clearly has not been found to be unconstitutional.

Which laws she has in mind are not stated; but we can reasonably assume that their are federal powers concerning debt, financial services which would authorize some action on that basis.

Regardless, to compare any leader or prospective leader to someone whose actions lead to the deaths of 85 million people on the basis that you disagree w/their LEGAL policy idea is utterly immoral, unethical, and unforgivable. I'd strongly advise you never to repeat that in the presence of a holocaust survivor.

Last edited by Canadian Visitor; January-24-20 at 12:51 AM.

You just made a list of claims without being specific or providing verifiable evidence and yet you ask me to do what you cannot.

All of the evidence that you have provided in the past has been links to opinions based on conjecture,if you believe it does it make it fact?

We can start with Bernie

Did you know when he was elected mayor,he created a new position for his girlfriend with a salary of $150,000 a year.He told the city council that objected at the time,he was the boss.

That same girlfriend had a friend set up a media company that raised 43 million and then collected a

so the firm has made in excess of 7 million dollars in commission from the Bernie 2016 account since Senator Sanders announced his candidacy.

“Bernie Sanders, our revolutionary friend, ought to win in the United States,” Maduro said during an hours-long televised broadcast in 2016.

The thing is that you do not understand RB,is a candidate is not going to stand up and run on a dictatorship platform,they will do what all of the others have done,gain power then systematically remove the rights from its citizens by implementing laws.

You really think the progressive candidates can really implement the programs they are suggesting while we remain under our current democratic republic?
    Another one of your total bullshit posts taken from your drivel sites. He couldn't have paid her 150k at that time. Impossible. He was mayor of Burlington in the eighties when a mayor's salary, let alone an assistant, or whatever else could not have been anywhere near that. Once again, spare us your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Oladub, that is the most repulsive, preposterous, stupifying and offensive thing you've yet posted. What respect I had for you is now lost for good.

I realize you're ok with being ill-thought of; but that post really is disgusting top to bottom.

It would be even if any part of it were correct.

But your very post contains information right there in the text saying that everything else you've said is complete and utter bullshit. See below.

She has made a commitment to act within the bounds of existing legislation which clearly has not been found to be unconstitutional.

Which laws she has in mind are not stated; but we can reasonably assume that their are federal powers concerning debt, financial services which would authorize some action on that basis.

Regardless, to compare any leader or prospective leader to someone whose actions lead to the deaths of 85 million people on the basis that you disagree w/their LEGAL policy idea is utterly immoral, unethical, and unforgivable. I'd strongly advise you never to repeat that in the presence of a holocaust survivor.

CV, I can understand your ignorance and indifference to the U.S. Constitution. You are, after all, a foreign national somewhat indifferent even to Americans being killed in Iraq as you recently pointed out. The Constitution overrides all other laws except international treaties. Unless Congress has legislated to hand out $1.25T to college students [[It hasn't) and is compliant with the 10th. Amendment [[It isn't), her proposed action is unconstitutional and she has threatened to act as a dictator. Article 1, Section 1 reads, "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives." The Executive is supposed to execute congressional legislation. Writing checks for $1.25T was never legislated. That's more than the banker's bailout. Sen. Warren's words were "we can't afford to wait for Congress to act." Those are the words and the inclination of a would be dictator given our constitutional system..

I, of course, did not equate giving away $1.25T without congressional legislation with killing 85M people. That was your machination and invention. What I instead did was to note the irony of Sen. Warren's threat to go around Congress when even Hitler legally amended German law to give himself the powers to go around his equivalent parliamentary body. Try to follow along. Rb's original challenge was "So how do the current crop of Democratic candidates emulate those dictators? Be specific, and provide verifiable evidence." That's what I did having to go back only two days for two examples of Democratic presidential candidates emulating dictators.

If I was a holocaust survivor, I would be leery of candidates and people who are so self-righteous that their instinct is to override the Constitution "because we can't afford to wait for Congress. We already know that Warren has built her career on partly on lies. Now this.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Another one of your total bullshit posts taken from your drivel sites. He couldn't have paid her 150k at that time. Impossible. He was mayor of Burlington in the eighties when a mayor's salary, let alone an assistant, or whatever else could not have been anywhere near that. Once again, spare us your bullshit.

See when you post drunk this early in the morning,all it shows is how easily the mind gets overburdened.

Maybe in Canada your mayor is the highest paid position in government,but it is not the case in this country.

So your comment on what his salary was is irrelevant,he was the mayor and could have created any position at any salary.

Paying her $40,000 in 1981 would be equal to the $150,000 in today’s money,perspective.

The governors salary in Minnesota is $120,000,there are over 150 city and state personnel that make up to double his/her salary.

That is the predictable game you and RB play,you pick a word and obsess with that as a form of distraction instead of keeping things in context,by design or just that obtuse?

Two posts from you today that had zero to do with the actual posting subject,outside of pathetic attempts to discredit,do you have anything to offer?

See when you post drunk this early in the morning,all it shows is how easily the mind gets overburdened.

Maybe in Canada your mayor is the highest paid position in government,but it is not the case in this country.

So your comment on what his salary was is irrelevant,he was the mayor and could have created any position at any salary.

Paying her $40,000 in 1981 would be equal to the $150,000 in today’s money,perspective.

The governors salary in Minnesota is $120,000,there are over 150 city and state personnel that make up to double his/her salary.

That is the predictable game you and RB play,you pick a word and obsess with that as a form of distraction instead of keeping things in context,by design or just that obtuse?

Two posts from you today that had zero to do with the actual posting subject,outside of pathetic attempts to discredit,do you have anything to offer?

Another sad attempt at covering your tracks, what you wrote. Burlington, then, was a city of maybe sixty thousand souls, at most. You said he had paid his wife 150k salary. He was mayor in the eighties. You are an unashamed liar, period.

Keep doing those "collages" of Breitbart articles you can frame next to your fancy collection of Maga hats and Nazi helmets.

I.e.: do look up the meaning of "collage" for chrissakes before making another ass of yourself.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-phony-2019-10

Trump says Constitution allows him to do whatever he wants:
    https://youtu.be/-3nmVZfN62o

As for dictators - its all t here in numerous Trump speeches and tweets

And who can forget Trump onKim Jong Un [[campaign rally at the end of September):
    "I was really beingtough and so was he," Trump said. "And we would go back and forth.And then we fell in love. No really. He wrote me beautiful letters."
    "They were great letters. And then we fell in love.”
    QED

Try posting items that have actual, verifiable facts, not just circle-jerk citations from proven whack jobs.

We can start with Bernie

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-phony-2019-10

Trump says Constitution allows him to do whatever he wants:
    https://youtu.be/-3nmVZfN62o

As for dictators - its all t here in numerous Trump speeches and tweets

And who can forget Trump onKim Jong Un [[campaign rally at the end of September):
    "I was really beingtough and so was he," Trump said. "And we would go back and forth.And then we fell in love. No really. He wrote me beautiful letters."
    "They were great letters. And then we fell in love.”
    QED

Chances are, they got to scratch each other's balls. It's a primate thing. Then, they fell for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Chances are, they got to scratch each other's balls. It's a primate thing. Then, they fell for one another.
    One thing's for sure, Trump has balls. true-d'oh!, he's waiting for answers...

Another Trump lie: "“We suffered no casualties, all of our soldiers are safe"

34 U.S. Service members have been diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injury [[TBI) after the Iranian missile attack on a U.S. base in Iraq.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/polit...ike/index.html

17 of those were so severe that they are still undergoing treatment, more than two weeks after the attack, 8 of those had to be flown to Walter Reed.

When initial reports that U.S. troops had to be evacuated from Iraq for possible concussions and TBI, Trump DISMISSED the injuries as "not very serious" and called them "headaches."
    https://www.vox.com/world/2020/1/22/...injuries-davos

I mean, TBIs certainly aren't as debilitating as bone spurs...

Just another daily disgrace from our Piece of Shit, Subhuman President.

^^^
    You have to sympathize with Chump's first hand experience of trauma in the Vietnam years. His dad's limousine had a flat tire from a pothole on Madison avenue, and that shook him quite a bit. But, the guy has balls, tiny though they may be.

aj, Tell us again which viable Democratic presidential candidates are promising to get us out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. As far as I know, you haven't endorsed that idea yourself.

Three weeks ago, Trump was going to get us into WWIII according to so many Democratic pundits. Even when Iran shot rockets from Iran into U.S. Air Force bases Trump held his fire. At the time we were treated to pundits opinions that Iran purposely avoided killing U.S. servicemen and women. That Iran had warned Iraq's government of the attack 20 minutes ahead. Iran was said to have just put out a display of force to please its domestic audience. One opinion piece in the Washington Post claimed Iran "fired a handful of missiles at bases in Iraq, in an attack that deliberately did not target American troops."

Later, there were photos of destroyed barracks and I came across one account of a serviceman claiming they were evacuated just minutes before the missiles hit. In short, the Democratic narrative was laden with lies and failed to credit Trump for not responding in kind.

All the same, I would prefer that Trump and Democratic presidential candidates all would announce that they planned to bring home the troops ASAP. Joe Biden was one of the Democratic Senators who voted to give away his congressional power to declare war in Iraq to Bush. Please assure us that you consequently won't vote for Joe Biden.

Some parts of an analysis by Peter Baker at the New York Times:

John Bolton’s Account Upends Trump’s Denials, but Will It Upend Trump?

A president who has survived one revelation after another the last three years now faces perhaps the most serious disclosure of his political career at the very moment he is on trial in the Senate.

In his book, Mr. Bolton writes that Mr. Trump told him in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in congressionally approved security assistance to Ukraine until its government helped with investigations into Democrats including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden — exactly what Mr. Trump is on trial for.

What’s perhaps even more shocking is that the White House knew what Mr. Bolton had to say at least as far back as Dec. 30, when he sent his manuscript to the National Security Council for standard pre-publication review to ensure that no classified information would be released, yet continued to promote a completely opposite narrative.

At first glance, at least, John R. Bolton’s account of President Trump’s private remarks sounds like an echo of the so-called smoking gun tape that proved that President Richard M. Nixon really had orchestrated the Watergate cover-up and ultimately forced him from office. But this is Mr. Trump’s era and Mr. Trump’s Washington, and the old rules do not always apply.

The reality show star who was elected president even after he was captured on an “Access Hollywood” tape boasting about sexual assault has gone on to survive one revelation after another in the three years since, proving more durable than any national politician in modern American history. So will this be the turning point or just one more disclosure that validates his critics without changing other minds? Will it be another smoking gun or another “Access Hollywood”?

Mr. Bolton has been one of the most intriguing figures in the Ukraine matter for weeks, ever since other former officials testified that he opposed the pressure campaign, calling it a “drug deal” he wanted no part of and warning that Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal attorney organizing the pressure, was a “hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.” He told aides to report what they learned about the pressure campaign to a White House lawyer.

Until now, Mr. Bolton has remained publicly silent and, in fact, despite the Times report about his book, has remained so. His lawyer blamed the report on a leak by the White House.

House Democrats requested his testimony during their hearings last month, but they ultimately did not subpoena him, reasoning that a court fight would only prolong the investigative process for months.

Once the House impeached Mr. Trump and the case reached the Senate, Mr. Bolton announced that he would testify if subpoenaed. But Senate Republicans voted against subpoenaing him at the start of the trial, putting off a final decision until after arguments are complete, which could come later this week.

Another witness sought by the House managers, Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, has already publicly confirmed to reporters that Mr. Trump suspended the security aid in part to get Ukraine to investigate a conspiracy theory involving Democrats during the 2016 election campaign, although he later issued a statement trying to take that back.

As damaging as Mr. Bolton’s account would seem to be, it was too early to judge its effect. Unlike the Nixon smoking gun tape, there is no recording — and events of the last three years have suggested even that may not matter.

Mr. Trump has endured so many scandals that would have brought down an ordinary politician not even counting “Access Hollywood.”

Just weeks before moving into the White House, he agreed to pay $25 million to settle fraud claims against Trump University. Since becoming president, he repaid hush money given to Stormy Daniels, the pornographic film actress, to keep quiet about an alleged affair. Another woman has sued him for rape and more than a dozen others have accused him of sexual misconduct.

His son, son-in-law and campaign chairman met with Russians offering “dirt” on his opponent that they said came from the Russian government. A special counsel investigation identified 10 instances when the president may have obstructed justice. His family foundation was forced to shut down after authorities found “a shocking pattern of illegality.” His businesses have benefited from foreign patrons with cause to curry favor with the president despite the Constitution’s emoluments clause.

Investigative reporting found that he engaged in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud. A wide swath of people around him have been convicted of various crimes, including his campaign chairman, his deputy, first national security adviser, longtime political adviser, longtime personal lawyer and others. And now Mr. Giuliani and a couple of his longtime associates are under federal investigation.

To Mr. Trump’s most fervent supporters, all of that is proof not that he is corrupt but that he has struck a nerve in Washington’s “swamp” and the establishment is coming after him, manufacturing “hoaxes” to tear him down. That unwavering support within the Republican Party, which he telegraphs on Twitter regularly, has hardly gone unnoticed by Republican senators as they sit in judgment of him.

But polls also show that two-thirds of the public wanted to hear from new witnesses in the trial now underway on Capitol Hill. Given the latest revelations, Mr. Bolton stands ready to testify with the fate of the president on the line.

---

I don't like to share such large parts of an article.. But this is in the public interest.

Let's reflect on the serious issues of the day. And support journalism that keeps them in focus.

Next, distractions from Richard in 3, 2, 1...
    Last edited by bust; January-27-20 at 10:00 AM.

Notice how sense Trump became president there has been a flood of books all claiming to have the damning evidence or a bombshell that will destroy his presidency but yet here we are.

Boltons book was sent to the White House for review before being published you do not think that if it contained any merit it would have been edited as presidential conversations are considered taboo in the interests of national security?

That whole opinion sounds like Shiff,the Russians did it,Trump colluded with the Russians to win the presidency,even after the democrats own investigation proved it false.

See that is the problem,you need things like facts and proof of crimes,to say things like I believe it therefore it is true does not cut it.

For instance,when Joe Biden was Vice President, his brother is invited to a meeting at the White House with then president Obama after forming a construction company.

1 week later he is granted a government contract to build houses in Iran for $1.8 billion.

Now you can say,hey that does not look right and it makes Biden corrupt,just as it does when 4 other democrats family members retain high paid positions in companies that all of a sudden receive massive government payments in the billions of dollars.

You can say that is also an abuse of power or useing ones office for profit,but nobody wants to hear about those interesting little tidbits.

There was also a book published that outlines the Biden family path of corruption but you do not hear about it displayed in the liberal press as a bombshell.

Jeffery Epstein commits suicide in jail and nobody can seem to find his girlfriend,I guess it helps if your family owns the media.

If we do not look at what is really going on under the surface and has been going on for a long time and just keep on the path of Trump,then you come across as partisan willing to overlook your own parties acts but want to hold those who you do not agree with accountable.

That creates the appearance of a false agenda and makes you lose credibility,as we can see playing out.

The Democrats refusal to disclose thier own corruption gives the appearance of going after Trump because he is a threat that can upset thier little house of cards.

It is totally irrelevant what Trump did in the past,he was not under the oath of office as he is now.

If you are going to demand accountability of office then it needs to be across the board and not just picking and choosing according to who we dislike.

Key word in the phone call was WE as in all Americans,because Trump was representative of all of us.

WE the people would like to know about anybody that has been abusing thier positions of power,being a presidential candidate has zero relevance on immunity from investigation.

like the Russian investigations the whole impeachment trail has been based on what people think happened and overlooking what really happened in order to keep the stains off of themselves.

This whole impeachment process is about removing Trump from the 2020 ballot and in the process removing the people’s right to vote in the process,they have decided they do not want Trump on the ballot just like they decided against Bernie Sanders in 2016.

Who is actually doing the damage when they decide who you will vote for,they are telling you that you do not have the mental capacity to make an informed decision.

Of course if you do not like Trump your replies and responses will be according and everybody that does not agree with you have thier heads in the sand.

What happens in the future if you have a Democrat President and a Republican house and senate and they decide they want to impeach the president based on what people think and feel verses the facts.

Same applies in reverse.

The message is if we do not like the president no matter who he or she is let’s impeach him.

But then again that is the goal of the progressive left,the removal of the two party system because they know what is best for the individual and how to govern them in thier best interest.
    Last edited by Richard; January-27-20 at 10:53 AM.

Richard, admit it: you get an alert when there is an update to this thread.
    You so reliably appear here just after.
    It's been like that for years, even as your writing style has changed.
    Your tactics are the same.
    Whataboutism is distracting.
    It won't be enough this time.
    Last edited by bust; January-27-20 at 12:41 PM.