Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Cerveny Alumni?

Default Cerveny Alumni?

If you were curious what happened to someone you remember from there, is there any place to look? I don't know what High School[[s) they went to, or if they ever got married, changed names, etc.

Being a Junior High school, everyone was a minor, so the records are less likely to be available.

You might try here. www.classmates.com

I saw a documentary on WTVS a few years back which examined several students' lives, black and white at Cerveny, during the 1967 riots, and how the riot affected them, and how teachers and administrators at Cerveny handled the situation. Interestingly enough, the main focus of one of the teachers was a Mr. Bell, who not only was able to explain to his young students what was transpiring a mile away, but able to ease the tension of all of his students and lead the dialogue of why this was happening.

Turns out the same Mr. Bell also taught the driver's educations class I took at Henry Ford High School in the 80s, and I graduated with his daughter from Renaissance, also in the 80s.

I remember the name. Maybe had a class. I was there in 68, 69, 70.

Cerveny alum Pamela Peak produced and directed the 2005 release "ColorBlind".
    http://www.colorblinddocumentary.com/