Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    "I know you are but what am I".

The deplorables of America, who will do/say anything, no matter how ridiculous or obviously untrue, to blindly serve their Trumpenfuhrer.

Name:  Crying Baby.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  3.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Name:  Crying Baby.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  3.3 KB

Unfortunately the U.S. is the diaper, and there's about to be a gigantic, stinking mess.

Basically, yeah. This is our President-elect, and his army of generally racist or stupid deplorables.

Unfortunately the U.S. is the diaper, and there's about to be a gigantic, stinking mess.

Well now he sounds like Presidential material. Does he also assault women, consort with enemies of the U.S., threaten minorities, evade taxes, engage in inane twitter wars, and lie about everything? Does he have the attention span and logical reasoning of a 2-year-old?

If so he would be a perfect candidate for U.S. Pres. "Tells it like it is". "No more political correctness".
    Since the first release I assumed Fouts had one foot on a banana peel and one foot out the door. I didn’t realize this man’s rantings and ravings would be in book form; to be released chapter by chapter. Chapter 3 is what – GLBT, Chapter 4 – Mexicans?
    In any event your comparison to Von Trump is interesting. For one, the blind devotion to both men, regardless of whatever STUPID, ignorant, racist, hurtful comments come out of their mouths, the faithful legions follow them. Fouts Facebook page is lined with admirers.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Not sure why deplorables are proud of their lack of intellect or logical reasoning.

You voted for a racist carnival clown and an enemy of the U.S. Own it. Stop projecting, blaming others, lying, whining, etc. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Not sure why deplorables are proud of their lack of intellect or logical reasoning.

You voted for a racist carnival clown and an enemy of the U.S. Own it. Stop projecting, blaming others, lying, whining, etc. You have no one to blame but yourself.
    No, I didn't vote for Hillary.

so who can challenge Fouts in the next election? [[any political party)
    what is the racial diversity of Warren? How about their city council?

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Yes you can disagree with Fouts but he's running things reasonably well as far as I know. Everyone has opinions but this PC BULL still persists in America. Get over it!
    Awww, that's cute, you're the type of person that thinks it's OK to be racist, sexist, and hate special needs children. You identify people who stand up for minorities, women, and special needs children as being too "PC" for your tastes.

Fouts' is not doing well. He has stacked city hall with his political supporters that often don't last too long. There's a revolving door of talent because Fouts is so erratic and mentally unstable.

Fouts has made HUGE tax increases and depleted the fund balances left for him by the previous mayor.

Fouts is a racist, sexist, hateful failure of a mayor and man.

The deplorables of America, who will do/say anything, no matter how ridiculous or obviously untrue, to blindly serve their Trumpenfuhrer.
    Realizing that there were now two separate threads on southern Macomb County executives who have said something 'offensive' -- I realized that there's a good chance that somebody is working overtime to distort for political advantage. Only those who lean left are so offended by words. And if you want to find offensive in words, its not very hard. I choose deplorability -- although I'm not sure its chosen me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    so who can challenge Fouts in the next election? [[any political party)
    what is the racial diversity of Warren? How about their city council?
    Unfortunately, Fouts is LOVED by senior citizens. His 30+ years on council and now nearly a decade of being mayor has made him a very known.

Fouts hand-picked his city council, they won't turn on him.

All Fouts has to do is ride out the storm, be quiet, and by the time the next election rolls around this will be a distant memory for most.

Also, some of the old people in Warren look back fondly at how black people were treated, at how the mentally handicapped were institutionalized, and how back in the day the woman's place was at home and in the kitchen.

Back when I lived in Warren I remember a neighbor commenting to me that too many blacks and Muslims were in the neighborhood. I told him I didn't care.

In order for Fouts to lose we need some of those old racist people to die off.

I'm wondering how technically easy or difficult it would be to falsify an audio recording of someone's voice.

I can imagine recording, digitizing and analyzing someone's voice then using something like Auto-Tune to change a different recording to sound like that person's voice. But I've never heard of this being done before.

It could lead to some interesting pranks.

Is it even possible? Does anyone know? Gannon?

The saddest thing about the Fouts situation is that although the audio recordings are relatively new, they only provide proof of what most people already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    The saddest thing about the Fouts situation is that although the audio recordings are relatively new, they only provide proof of what most people already knew.
    Don't think it will hurt him a bit. His supporters probably think that way, and appreciate his "honesty". Decent people are already disgusted by these sorts of people.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-01-17-13-59-10-1.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  50.2 KB even crusty old LBP, not exactly known for being PC police, is now capping on Jim Fouts

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Realizing that there were now two separate threads on southern Macomb County executives who have said something 'offensive' -- I realized that there's a good chance that somebody is working overtime to distort for political advantage. Only those who lean left are so offended by words. And if you want to find offensive in words, its not very hard. I choose deplorability -- although I'm not sure its chosen me.
    There's a difference between being offended by words and not tolerating hateful words by idiots. If you're dumb enough to act like that in 2017, you don't deserve to hold office.

The problem with those who "choose deplorability" is that they're idiots who want to say dumb things with impunity. They're not interested in bettering themselves or the world.

He's got a lot of nerve discussing anyone's looks.....Dead Man Walking with Phil Spector hair I'm sure turns on all the ladies.

and the stain on his scalp from coloring his own hair

Don't think it will hurt him a bit. His supporters probably think that way, and appreciate his "honesty". Decent people are already disgusted by these sorts of people.

No doubt about it.

Bear in mind, these same people voted in droves for Trump.

I hope the City of Warren has deep pockets. This kind of behavior invites lawsuits and I would bet big that they are going to show up in numbers now. The law department is going to need a boat load of cash just to defend them all. When there is lots of smoke, almost always, there is fire.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-17-17 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm wondering how technically easy or difficult it would be to falsify an audio recording of someone's voice.
    Changing someone's voice is easy. Making one person sound just like another is difficult.

Occam's Razor: Someone went through the trouble of falsifying some inane, offensive ramblings, or someone hit record on their iPhone before a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Occam's Razor: Someone went through the trouble of falsifying some inane, offensive ramblings, or someone hit record on their iPhone before a meeting.
    The more likely scenario. Someone got shafted on a merit increase one time too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    The irony of this is so perfect.

You assert that people on the left are being overly sensitive when they get offended by politicians calling black people "chimps" and "ni****s", and calling Mexicans "rapists" and "criminals."

It is laughable to assert that "only those who lean left are so offended by words" when Trump supporters get all worked up about Clinton calling "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic" people "deplorables."

The irony is really thick when Trump and other right-wingers get all offended by people saying "happy holidays”.

Welcome to the new right, where calling black people chimps and N-s is blown off as much ado about nothing, while calling racists “deplorable” and saying “happy holidays” is considered offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

I can imagine recording, digitizing and analyzing someone's voice then using something like Auto-Tune to change a different recording to sound like that person's voice. But I've never heard of this being done before.

It could lead to some interesting pranks.

Is it even possible? Does anyone know? Gannon?
    Sorry to dredge this thread up again but it seems worth knowing. [[I have no interest in Fouts, pro or con.)

Over three years later I found an answer to my question: This AI Clones Your Voice After Listening for 5 Seconds. The video was posted on Nov 12, 2019.

Deep audio fakes, cuminatcha, just in time for elections!
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-05-20 at 08:15 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4