Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Dems: If offensive remarks came from Fouts, Warren mayor should resign.

The faster he's gone, the better off Michigan will be.

And it's funny, because Detroiters are still getting crapped on by suburbanites for Coleman Young and Kwame Kilpatrick, yet the people in Warren have repeatedly elected this raving lunatic into office now for the past 30 years.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ings/95522240/
    As you mentioned, he keeps getting reelected. Most people aren't idiots, some are but most aren't. He must be doing some things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    His "musings" probably helped his county exec aspirations, at least in Macomb.

I mean "he tells it like it is", no? No "liberal BS", right?
    Well I know he got in trouble for being a Bernie fan but has ran under the repub ticket before. The guy before him got in trouble for being in bed w the Rizzos. you can watch it on youtube under the scott lewis account. I'm not sure where he is on the policy spectrum but I know what he said was uncalled for but in jest

Sorry, not a "leftie", and glad you're "amused" that the entire planet is at risk due to our Trumpenfuhrer.

Not too many "lefties" in my circle of friends/associates, and none of us are laughing at the end of American exceptionalism and the upcoming Idiocracy.

More Trumptard lies. The Trump idiots claimed the election was "rigged", no one else made such a claim, ever.

Ah, yes, you're obviously a fan of the alt-right, KKK and Putin. You love the racists and murderous, hostile foreign nations.

You're no conservative, and have no love for this country. This much is abundantly clear. Reagan must be rolling over in his grave at the cadre of treasonous Putin-lovers who have infiltrated the party.
    You are so precious. Shhh, Shh, Shh, everything will be alright. Just take a deep breath. You're hyperventilating right now.

You're being irrational and you need to stop with the histrionics. "The entire planet" is not at risk. Great things are on the horizon.

Our country now, finally, has hope. And things are going to change for the better for all of us. So you can either get on-board or you can get out of the way. Great things are coming. A rising tide lifts all ships. Sorry you are so butt-hurt but get over it. You have just as much to gain from the bright future ahead of us as anyone else.

And, by the way, Happy Chanukkah. Or Merry Christmas, whichever is relevant to you. Shalom!
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; December-18-16 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    You are so precious. Shhh, Shh, Shh, everything will be alright. Just take a deep breath. You're hyperventilating right now.
    I'm fine. I have assets, and when Trump kills half my net worth, I'll still be vastly better off than the trailer trash that voted him to power. But no, I don't enjoy seeing the planet willfully destroyed.

You're being irrational and you need to stop with the histrionics. "The entire planet" is not at risk. Great things are on the horizon.
    Uh-huh. There isn't a single reputable economist on earth who would agree with you, no major corporate exec endorsed his candidacy, no living President endorsed him, no mainstream media sources supported him, but you're entitled to false hope, I guess.

Our country now, finally, has hope.
    No, our country has no more hope. We traded one of the best Presidents in history, for a racist, no-nothing carnival clown who has horrified the entire planet excepting Russia, North Korea and the Islamic Sate.

Obama created more jobs than any President in U.S. history, and presided over the strongest first-world economy on the planet. He killed Bin Laden, gave us universal healthcare, cut crime, We traded all that away for a bigoted dummy, serial assaulter, KGB puppet and science denier who promises to undo everything that makes America the envy of the world.

So, no, I'm not happy. 70% of Americans hate Trump, and 95% of the planet hates Trump. And the rest of us aren't shutting up until that bigoted turd is gone. I'm sick of explaining to my overseas relatives that, no, not every American is this horrible and stupid.

And, by the way, Happy Chanukkah. Or Merry Christmas, whichever is relevant to you. Shalom!
    Sorry, but no. There is absolutely nothing from Trump that remotely resembles any Judeo Christian teachings, so spare us the absurd seasonal hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Bham1982; December-18-16 at 09:27 PM.

I'm fine. I have assets, and when Trump kills half my net worth, I'll still be vastly better off than the trailer trash that voted him to power. But no, I don't enjoy seeing the planet willfully destroyed.

Uh-huh. There isn't a single reputable economist on earth who would agree with you, no major corporate exec endorsed his candidacy, no living President endorsed him, no mainstream media sources supported him, but you're entitled to false hope, I guess.

No, our country has no more hope. We traded one of the best Presidents in history, for a racist, no-nothing carnival clown who has horrified the entire planet excepting Russia, North Korea and the Islamic Sate.

Obama created more jobs than any President in U.S. history, and presided over the strongest first-world economy on the planet. He killed Bin Laden, gave us universal healthcare, cut crime, We traded all that away for a bigoted dummy, serial assaulter, KGB puppet and science denier who promises to undo everything that makes America the envy of the world.

So, no, I'm not happy. 70% of Americans hate Trump, and 95% of the planet hates Trump. And the rest of us aren't shutting up until that bigoted turd is gone. I'm sick of explaining to my overseas relatives that, no, not every American is this horrible and stupid.

Sorry, but no. There is absolutely nothing from Trump that remotely resembles any Judeo Christian teachings, so spare us the absurd seasonal hypocrisy.

Oh sweetie, you are too precious for words. You are so filled with intolerance, hate and rage. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I implore you to stop being so irrationally hysterical. I would like to revisit this topic with you four years from now. I am confident that you will be quite ashamed of your silly histrionics.

Again, happy Chanukkah, Merry Christmas, or joyus Kwanzaa, whichever suits you. Try to have love in your heart instead of hate. I will be praying for you.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; December-18-16 at 10:13 PM.

It's perfectly reasonable to be filled with intolerance to fascism, or filled with hatred for white supremacy, or filled with rage at language constructed to confuse and silence rather than to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable to be filled with intolerance to fascism, or filled with hatred for white supremacy, or filled with rage at language constructed to confuse and silence rather than to communicate.
    It may be "perfectly reasonable"... but other than the entertainment value, I doubt if the back and forth between Sy and Bham will accomplish much.

Maybe we really should revisit the Presidential issues in a few years?

Back to the subject of Fouts, specifically: So, will he resign now, or try to serve out his term? Since he was fast to degrade the mental and cognitively challenged, he might ponder that some feel that the aged are just as disposable and, well, he is not a young man.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-19-16 at 06:13 AM.

If you're angling for a promotion you should bridle your mouth. Then on the other hand let it all hang out. Then at least it's all in the open!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Fouts in his own mind was trying to angle a run for county exec in 2018, I guess he messed with the wrong people
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-19-16 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Back to the subject of Fouts, specifically: So, will he resign now, or try to serve out his term? Since he was fast to degrade the mental and cognitively challenged, he might ponder that some feel that the aged are just as disposable and, well, he is not a young man.
    Resign? Did Snyder turn in his resignation for Flint? Didn't Fouts propose and won the elimination of term limits for Mayor, which specifically was done for his own self interest? If it can be confirmed that was actually his voice on those tapes, there is no question, he should step down, but Fouts ain't going nowhere, unless he's forced out, and that seems highly unlikely. Almost like that Mayor of a small town in W Va, resigning for calling Michelle Obama, the outgoing First Lady of the US, a "Ape Wearing Heels", after all the public outcry of freedom of speech, 2 weeks later, they voted to give her, her job back. I see where this Country is headed, and it's not a good place...
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-19-16 at 06:52 AM.

Trump rolls out on national tv and rips just about every sex, religion, ethnicity, race you can think of, including handicap people, and everyone loves the guy because "he tells it like it is". Yet Fouts says this and people are calling for his resignation? WTF is happening in this country? I'm not a fan of Fouts, so I couldn't care less if he gets booted, but I'm sure there are a lot of people up in arms over this comment who supported Trump. My question to them is what is the difference?

Our country now, finally, has hope. And things are going to change for the better for all of us. So you can either get on-board or you can get out of the way. Great things are coming. A rising tide lifts all ships. Sorry you are so butt-hurt but get over it. You have just as much to gain from the bright future ahead of us as anyone else.

Woah. Talk about a meltdown.

Oh sweetie, you are too precious for words. You are so filled with intolerance, hate and rage. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I implore you to stop being so irrationally hysterical. I would like to revisit this topic with you four years from now. I am confident that you will be quite ashamed of your silly histrionics.

Again, happy Chanukkah, Merry Christmas, or joyus Kwanzaa, whichever suits you. Try to have love in your heart instead of hate. I will be praying for you.
    Damn, all that self-righteousness had me get some paper towel so it wouldn't leak all over my desk...but I guess if you as a Jewish person is comfortable with Steve Bannon, then we should be too!

Despite Mark Hackel being LBP's puppet on the RTA issue, he always seemed like a decent guy. All those years as Macomb sheriff he really presented himself well. This just made me think twice. Fouts has always rubbed me the wrong way. Though I couldn't believe it was about handicapped people! Who makes fun of handicapped people these days?

So in the end, just more bad taste in my mouth regarding Macomb County...
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; December-19-16 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Who makes fun of handicapped people these days?
    Donald Trump....

"...who makes fun of handicapped people these days..."
    Donald Trump, and he won. If Mr. Fouts runs again, he, too, will win. Unpleasant fact. The power of bigotry should not be underestimated in today's political and social climate.
    Last edited by Bobl; December-19-16 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Donald Trump....
    Yes, well Donald Trump is in a class all by his own.

I mean to say what Fouts said is just so abhorrent that it doesn't seem logical that someone in this day and age would even think about those things.

Oh sweetie, you are too precious for words. You are so filled with intolerance, hate and rage.
    I don't like bigots. I don't like people who would happily put my grandparents/great grandparents in gas chambers. I also highly value education and data-driven decisionmaking. Don't like mindless populism, especially when intertwined with the cancers of racism and nationalism.

I will never, ever support Trump and his crazed supporters. There is nothing he could do to get my support, ever, besides getting the hell out of my country.

Nope, you're living in your little Trump-bubble. These aren't "my silly histrionics". This is the global consensus. There are very few thinkers out there who don't think this is an absolute global catastrophe. Trump is a dis aster of epic proportions.

Don't believe me. Read Nobel-prize winning economist Charles Krugman in today's Times, or Pulitzer Prize winning Eric Lipton in the WSJ, or listen to every living President and every living Secretary of Defense, or Angela Merkel, or every newspaper and every serious economist. Trump is an absolute shitshow for the planet. We are seriously f-----.

Cut the crap, already. You have "love in your heart" so voted for the KKK candidate who demonized the Pope, the handicapped, immigrants, gays, Hispanics, blacks, Jews, Muslims, women, war veterans, mothers of war dead, scientists, and basically everyone with a functioning brain. Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition...

^
    What he said...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    ^
    What he said...
    ^^^
    What both of them said.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Dems: If offensive remarks came from Fouts, Warren mayor should resign.

The faster he's gone, the better off Michigan will be.
    ...snip...
    The article says 'only Local 4 has heard the tape'... yet we are taking everything about this at face value.

Frankly, I'm tired of people jumping to conclusions because of something someone once said. I don't know if its true here -- but if we are to ever get along in this world, we can't worry that Senator Byrd was once in the KKK or whether Coleman Young was once in the Communist party.

And then there's Trump. Has everyone figured out by now that he says just about everything -- both for and against everyone? I just read a quotation from him [[standing in front of a rainbow LGBT... flat):
    Trump walked on stage in Greeley, Colorado to a large cheering crowd when he spotted a rainbow flag in the audience. As the music blasted through the speakers, Mr. Trump pointed to a supporter as if to ask if he could see his flag and then motioned for a campaign worker to help retrieve the LGBT symbol of equality from the attendee.Within seconds, Mr. Trump was walking around the platform with the rainbow flag in his hands and moments later unfurled it in full display. You could see a huge smile on Mr. Trump’s face as he walked to both sides of the stage to proudly hold up the rainbow flag announcing support from the gay and lesbian community.
    Trump campaign spokesman Jason Miller told me, “Mr. Trump is campaigning to be President for ALL Americans and was proud to carry the ‘LGBT for Trump‘ rainbow flag on stage in Greeley, CO yesterday.

see:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/donald-trump-holds-high-flag-gay-equality/

Is all we have to do is find something someone said once... take it out of context... and broadcast it as evidence of their 'hate'... to condemn someone we don't like.

I don't know Mr. Fouts... but I'm going to assume that he doesn't act irresponsibly... and I'll judge him on his actions -- not some words someone managed to catch and then won't even play for us.

I don't like bigots. I don't like people who would happily put my grandparents/great grandparents in gas chambers. I also highly value education and data-driven decisionmaking. Don't like mindless populism, especially when intertwined with the cancers of racism and nationalism.

I will never, ever support Trump and his crazed supporters. There is nothing he could do to get my support, ever, besides getting the hell out of my country.

Nope, you're living in your little Trump-bubble. These aren't "my silly histrionics". This is the global consensus. There are very few thinkers out there who don't think this is an absolute global catastrophe. Trump is a dis aster of epic proportions.

Don't believe me. Read Nobel-prize winning economist Charles Krugman in today's Times, or Pulitzer Prize winning Eric Lipton in the WSJ, or listen to every living President and every living Secretary of Defense, or Angela Merkel, or every newspaper and every serious economist. Trump is an absolute shitshow for the planet. We are seriously f-----.

Cut the crap, already. You have "love in your heart" so voted for the KKK candidate who demonized the Pope, the handicapped, immigrants, gays, Hispanics, blacks, Jews, Muslims, women, war veterans, mothers of war dead, scientists, and basically everyone with a functioning brain. Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition...
    Your hysteria and fear mongering are very sad indeed. You need to have hope. Things are finally going to change for the better for everyone.

And since you brought it up, two of my grandparents as well as an uncle were murdered by Adolph Hitler in the gas chamber. For you to even begin to compare our incoming President to Hitler, a despotic, deranged murderer who committed unspeakable crimes against humanity is most offensive and shows that your emotions run amok have gotten the best of you. It also shows a lack of critical thinking.

If you want to see modern day Nazis you need look no further than I.S.I.S, a group which your revered Obama has done nothing about and has permitted to flourish.

Further, you repeatedly bring up the K.K.K. Are you aware that the Klan began as the militant wing of the Democrat party? Are you aware that your beloved, and horribly corrupt, Hillary Clinton praised Robert Byrd who was a former high-ranking member of the Klan. She even went so far as to say he was a mentor to her. Your righteous indignation is terribly misplaced.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; December-19-16 at 07:29 PM.

Your hysteria and fear mongering are very sad indeed. You need to have hope. Things are finally going to change for the better for everyone.

And since you brought it up, two of my grandparents as well as an uncle were murdered by Adolph Hitler in the gas chamber. For you to even begin to compare our incoming President to Hitler, a despotic, deranged murderer who committed unspeakable crimes against humanity is most offensive and shows that your emotions run amok have gotten the best of you. It also shows a lack of critical thinking.

If you want to see modern day Nazis you need look no further than I.S.I.S, a group which your revered Obama has done nothing about and has permitted to flourish.

Further, you repeatedly bring up the K.K.K. Are you aware that the Klan began as the militant wing of the Democrat party? Are you aware that your beloved, and horribly corrupt, Hillary Clinton praised Robert Byrd who was a former high-ranking member of the Klan. She even went so far as to say he was a mentor to her. Your righteous indignation is terribly misplaced.
    I mean, you literally sound like a German circa 1936. "Have hope, things are going to get better! That won't happen here. It can't!"

Also, "flourish" is a subjective word. Unless we wanted to invade Syria and Iraq [[again) how else were we supposed to destroy Daesh? And now it is actually dying, heard reports that the number of new recruits has plummeted.

And quit it with the KKK=Democratic party and Robert Byrd bullshit. Talk about a lack of critical and historical analysis...

Let the age of being politically correct DIE! He supposedly said this in private. He's entitled to an opinion! Public official or not! He's still a human being...? American needs to grow a backbone again and quit looking for an apology every time they hear something that makes them upset! I hope we're entering a new era!
    As a side note to the freedom hill situation I smell a buddy deal with hackle. He could've explained all this away if nothing was wrong but instead we get a recording.

Hah, I hear all of that. In the mean time radio station 910 AM gave him the 'step off'. He was summarily fired today:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...io-station-job

http://www.wxyz.com/news/warren-mayo...-job-on-910-am

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Resign? Did Snyder turn in his resignation for Flint? Didn't Fouts propose and won the elimination of term limits for Mayor, which specifically was done for his own self interest? If it can be confirmed that was actually his voice on those tapes, there is no question, he should step down, but Fouts ain't going nowhere, unless he's forced out, and that seems highly unlikely...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-20-16 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Let the age of being politically correct DIE! He supposedly said this in private. He's entitled to an opinion! Public official or not! He's still a human being...? American needs to grow a backbone again and quit looking for an apology every time they hear something that makes them upset! I hope we're entering a new era!
    As a side note to the freedom hill situation I smell a buddy deal with hackle. He could've explained all this away if nothing was wrong but instead we get a recording.
    Yeah let's all say n---er, and faggot, and kyke, and spic, retarded, and towelhead again! Yay!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! OoOoOoOoOoOoO No one can tell me to say Happy Holidays any more!

Seriously, there is nothing right with what he said. If something makes me upset from what someone said to me personally, damn right I want an apology. Who in their right minds doesn't think special needs people have a right to at least try to live a normal life? To be out in public and exposed to new things and people?

I can take a gay joke, I'll make them myself, but if you tell me gay people shouldn't be allowed out in public and call me a fag, well buddy piss off and go crawl back into the 1950 hole.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast