Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Tigers get Aubrey Huff from Orioles for Pitching Prospect

How has this not hit the Board yet?

The Detroit Tigers bolstered their offense for a pennant drive by obtaining first baseman Aubrey Huff from the Baltimore Orioles for a minor leaguer.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0OY1d02UM

I'm guessing Ryan Raburn's days as an infielder have come to an end this year. Also wondering if Huff is eligible for potential playoff action, I remember the Tigers acquired Matt Stairs from KC in 2007 after the trade deadline, however he was not eligible to play in the post season due to when or how he was acquired [[had the tigers made the post season in 07).

Especially after going 0 for 16 with men in scoring position the other day against K.C., maybe Huff can bring some of them ribbies with him. I was wondering if the acquisitons Dumbrowskis made lately are a true sign of a serious contending b-ball team. Considering what's been available, combined with various contracts issues [[such as Maggs), I think we should be in pretty decent shape for the stretch.

edit: er, I meant Dombrowski
    Last edited by ggores; August-18-09 at 11:17 AM.

I love the trade, it can only help. You know what, win or loose, this has been an unexpected, great Tiger season. It's mid August and the Tigers are still in first and have shored up some weakness' in their lineup.

Great trade for us and real rewarding for Huff. We are in need of a left handed bat [[any bat really) and this is the first legitimate chance for Huff with a contending team.

From the sounds of it he seems more than happy to be leaving a cellar team to help out a team like ours that's contending. He went 1 for 4 tonight which wasn't too shabby but the stranding of four guys on base didn't exactly help his debut. But from everything I read about him via the Baltimore press, he was a pretty likable and respected guy in the locker room so I'm hoping he fits in here and gives us some pop from the left side of the plate. Lord knows we need to at least surround Miguel Cabrera a little better in the line up with some other hitters.