Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Milwaukee Junction Development?

Does anyone know anything about what is going on at the corner of E. Milwaukee and Beaubien? It looks like the building is being renovated- bar and attached units. I've searched but can't come up with any information. Nothing on the building either.

Miwaki Japanese Restaurant is supposedly opening on the same block...575 E Milwaukee

If you are talking about the northeast corner the answer is yes and yes. Bar and attached units. The building was nicely rehabbed in the nineties, then mysteriously things fell apart and it went abandoned and into decay. Milwaukee Junction is hot now as it the Northend above Grand Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    If you are talking about the northeast corner the answer is yes and yes. Bar and attached units.
    Any additional details? Seems like they have been working on that building for a long time. Curious to see what kind of bar it is. I don't imagine it would be too noisy if it has attached units. Then again, there are numerous loud bars and nightclubs in that area there.

If you are talking about the northeast corner the answer is yes and yes. Bar and attached units. The building was nicely rehabbed in the nineties, then mysteriously things fell apart and it went abandoned and into decay. Milwaukee Junction is hot now as it the Northend above Grand Blvd.

I think you mean northwest corner. Northeast is a parking lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3713...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Old timers will recall that there was a bar on that corner called 'Edith's Hideaway'. Progress is slow but steady as reported by friends who live in the Langsberg lofts across the street. I have heard no announcements on the opening of either.

Old timers will recall that there was a bar on that corner called 'Edith's Hideaway'. Progress is slow but steady as reported by friends who live in the Langsberg lofts across the street. I have heard no announcements on the opening of either.
    Thanks for the info, Lowell. That area of Detroit is definitely the next big thing.

Curbed posted some new info. Apparently there is going to be a whiskey themed bar and adjacent retail:

http://detroit.curbed.com/2016/12/20...aukee-junction

With these additions, the upcoming sushi restaurant, and Douglas & Co. a little further down East Milwaukee, this area is shaping up to be a mix of new businesses and dead, industrial THINGS. I kind of like that aesthetic.