Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Here We Go. 6 to 8 inches predicted with 20 hour snowstorm

Winter kicks off with a major snowstorm that will hit soon and continue for 20 hours.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 1.10.11 AM.png
Views: 1391
Size:  197.1 KB

Oh my! Thanks for this info. Now let us behave and not forget that we live in Michigan. Drive carefully, turn off the over-drive here and there for extra traction, breath...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-11-16 at 10:21 AM.

4 Wheel Drive is sweeeeeet,
    So is the heated seat.

No big deal. It's Michigan. It snows. It is also the reason that some leave the area. How are things in Henderson, Ray?

Traction control and targeted use of ones over-drive button helps too. I drove sticks for years and wish I could switch out to one in the snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    So is the heated seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    So is the heated seat.
    I have to admit, I am a bit envious of my wife's vehicle with heated seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Traction control and targeted use of ones over-drive button helps too. I drove sticks for years and wish I could switch out to one in the snow!
    One of my best vehicles was a 73 "Rustang" with a 302ci, 3 speed manual trans and snow tires I could go anywhere without getting stuck. Just leave it in second gear and plow trough the snow, ice and muck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    No big deal. It's Michigan. It snows. It is also the reason that some leave the area. How are things in Henderson, Ray?
    Sunny with a predicted high of 65. Gotta trim the lantana and bottle brush plants today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sunny with a predicted high of 65. Gotta trim the lantana and bottle brush plants today.
    Spent last week near Venice, Florida. Sunny and temps in the 80s. Love the north jetty.

Lantana always makes my skin itch. I have to be careful when trimming mine. Mid 70s today in Palm Springs

7-10 inches are now being called for in the Rochester area.

Calltoaction Guest

It is very pretty outside!

I've said it before, and you guessed it; I'll say it again: snow is cool!

Shoveled twice already

Every big Detroit snowstorm features fine snow falling steadily from the east, like it now. Looks like about 5 inches already.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 3.18.39 PM.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  122.2 KB

It's not that balmy here in the high desert today. High is only 55. It was unusual this morning, though, as we had nearly complete cloud cover. That's all cleared now and we're back to the sun and wispy clouds.

Should be hitting the peak about now according to NOAA.
    Name:  15384514_10207656369039321_1006827569127303684_o.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  99.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    So that means we're half way through. Looks like I'll be shrovelling around midnight 😩

Fortunately it means it won't get tall enough to block every door in the metro area...speaking of which it's the perfect excuse to post this lesson again.

Default lantana

Took the bottle brush out last year and just put some lantana in Friday.
    Ray did you know a old detective by the name of Picking? How about a Cameron Knowles [[sp) from the 60'?

I am not much for the cold but I have to admit I miss the snow,especially the first snowfall.

Showing the news that a plane slid off the runway in Detroit airport,glad everybody got out safe,and hope everybody else stays safe also.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am not much for the cold but I have to admit I miss the snow,especially the first snowfall.
    I'm with you, brother. The Christmas lights draped over the snow covered shrubs leave me all misty. However, I don't miss the dirty-cold slush and heavy gray skies of February and March. Uck! Guess you've got to take the bitter with the sweet.
    Last edited by kathy2trips; December-12-16 at 12:48 AM.

Every big Detroit snowstorm features fine snow falling steadily from the east, like it now. Looks like about 5 inches already.
    Lovely photo, Lowell. This is my new wallpaper this month.
    Last edited by kathy2trips; December-12-16 at 12:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast