Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Go green!

Default Go green!

Can't believe no one's started a thread on this wonderful win. And no, it wasn't an upset. Only in the minds of the so-called experts, including News & Freep sportswriters. Wonder if they're believers now.

Taking out the mighty Big East one team at a time!!! Go Green

I believe that the City,Region and STATE could use a little moral boost these days! GO GREEN!

It was a great win. One of the best games in MSU's storied history. Tom Izzo has moved up to the next level with some heavy duty names. However, it was an upset. UConn was the favorite. Quit playing the "nobody respects us" and "nobody believed in us" and "nobody gave us a chance" game......blah, blah, blah! Am I the only one that is sick of that stuff?

Go Sparty

I'm sick of it as well but until the rest of the basketball world wakes up and sees the high quality of baskeball the Spartans are playing I and others will continue to spout just that type of stuff.

diver1369 Guest

Yeah, let's just enjoy the moment while we have it. It's been a season of depressing news that seemed endless. Let's be happy for the Spartan players who have turned this Final Four tournament into a hometown championship. It's not going to pay your light bill but maybe it'll be a temporary relief from the funk we're in. Who knows? if the Spartans can take their talents this far........maybe on Monday???

This is the only type of going green I will do

For real, 1369! Appreciate the good and fun when it comes around, there are enough negative distractions in life!

Go Spartans!

I will say, and this is the honest to god truth, my love for the City almost got me in a fist fight tonight with some [[[[[[[[[ from Connecticut who was getting so pissed about the state of the game, the only thing he could talk about was the state of the state, and the state of the city. It's one thing to rag on the sport, but when you start knockin' my home and the people who bust their asses every day to grind out a living, then you sir, are pushing my buttons.

GO GREEN!

And you want to know the great thing about Izzo ? Unlike the national powers like Kansas, Uconn and NC that recruit all over the country for its players. Izzo recruits mostly Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois for his guys and he especially recruits the Detroit,Flint Saginaw area. hard.. He knows some of the best HS basketball in the country is played in that area and he gets his share of guys coming out of there.

Go Green Go White,Go Green Go White

GO GREEN, GO STATE GO, SPARTANS! Destroy UNC!

MSU Spartans , 2009 NCAA National Champions.

BELIEVE!

I'm going to have to bring the bedroom tv into the livingroom. It's a SPORGY tonight!

Tigers vs Toronto: 7:15pm [[first game of the regular season)
    Red Wings vs Buffalo: 7:00pm
    MSU vs UNC 9:21pm

No doubt. I wonder if I should call in late now or wait until the AM...

On the banks of the Red Cedar,
    There's a school that's known to all;
    Its specialty is winning,
    And those Spartans play good ball;
    Spartan teams are never beaten,
    All through the game they'll fight;
    Fight for the only colors:
    Green and White.

Go right through for MSU,
    Watch the points keep growing,
    Spartan teams are bound to win,
    They're fighting with a vim!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    See their team is weakening,
    We're going to win this game,
    Fight! Fight! Rah! Team, Fight!
    Victory for MSU!

Izzo's bous better wake up. I can't bare to watch..................................

with 6:45 left in the first half, MSU isn't even in the same zipcode as NC. score 43-20. 11team turnovers and foul trouble with Suton.

Great job MSU, sometimes you just run into a team thats better than you. No shame in that. The thing that State fans can look forward too is the fact that Izzo finally cracked the Detroit HS talent market. He's had Flint and Saginaw for years but never Detroit. He should be set for the next few years.

Valiant effort, Sparties. Thanks for a great season. Should be as good, or better, next year.

I think one of the announcers said it best when he stated that the team of destiny ran into a buzz-saw. UNC was one impressive team last night. Once they impose their will on you there wasn't much MSU or any other team could have done against them.

By the way, are there any plans to have a sports super thread like the previous forum had?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I think one of the announcers said it best when he stated that the team of destiny ran into a buzz-saw. UNC was one impressive team last night. Once they impose their will on you there wasn't much MSU or any other team could have done against them.

By the way, are there any plans to have a sports super thread like the previous forum had?
    Has anyone noticed that Teams of Destiny ultimately fail???

2006 Tigers - Fail
    2008 Rays - Fail
    2008 Penguins - Fail
    2009 Spartans - Fail