Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

If this were for the groundbreaking, I would think it would be all over the news, like with the Hudson site.

But who knows...
    Last edited by 313WX; December-08-18 at 09:15 AM.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...er/1933872002/

Now we have been told there are two events upcoming: 1) Groundbreaking will take place in the next week or so [[but strangely they will not provide an exact date). There is a large earth moving machine on site that I imagine is not related to a party. 2) A party is being held on the site next week, for whom we were not told.

I don't suppose jobs for construction, etc. are announced anywhere?

The giant tent is for the Quicken Christmas Party! Weren't you guys invited?

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    The giant tent is for the Quicken Christmas Party! Weren't you guys invited?
    My invite to the Rocket Mortgage Qhristmas Party powered by Rocket Fiber and presented by Rocket Homes must have been lost in the mail

Groundbreaking Ceremony is tomorrow [[Thursday) at 10:00a.m.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...wntown-detroit

There's some new renderings and 360 views on the website: https://www.monroeblocksdetroit.com

Hey folks! I'll get you pictures of the site as things progress. I don't think there will be a lot of activity this winter, but who knows!

These pictures are taken from the 12th floor balcony of One Campus Martius, about 10 steps away from my desk at work. The perspective is from near the corner of Monroe Street and Farmer Street.

Name:  1213180809.jpg
Views: 4444
Size:  131.7 KB

Name:  1213180809a.jpg
Views: 1801
Size:  116.1 KB
    Last edited by Scottathew; December-13-18 at 08:21 AM.

Mentions of height have been removed from the Monroe Blocks website.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Brown View Post
    Mentions of height have been removed from the Monroe Blocks website.
    i follow the architecture firm on Instagram and it appears that the height has decreased from 536’ to 518’. It also looks like they have scaled back some of the more interesting details from the first renderings. It will still be an incredible development if it stays true to these renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    There's some new renderings and 360 views on the website: https://www.monroeblocksdetroit.com
    lets embed for our fellow lazy man. also the campus martius 360 shows apple store at base of 1001 woodward

Last edited by hybridy; December-13-18 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Hey folks! I'll get you pictures of the site as things progress. I don't think there will be a lot of activity this winter, but who knows!

These pictures are taken from the 12th floor balcony of One Campus Martius, about 10 steps away from my desk at work. The perspective is from near the corner of Monroe Street and Farmer Street.
    What a great perspective 48307. It will be fun to watch. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Incredible. Just a fantastic development for downtown. Gilbert has one hell of a team that handles their real estate.

I didn't see anything I didn't like. I hope this all comes to fruition, Gilbert hasn't given us a reason to doubt him yet. This development would be substantial. Increasing CBD density is critical to what's happening right now.

Really love the arch, even though its a contentious issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Love it.
    So we’re expecting both Hudson and Monroe to be completed around the same time? I’m amazed they have the workforce

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Love it.
    So we’re expecting both Hudson and Monroe to be completed around the same time? I’m amazed they have the workforce
    between monroe blocks and hudsons that's a shit ton of boutique retail and destination dining that needs to be absorbed at the same time.

seems DG is intentionally timing it so it all comes online in similar time frame

what a coup for the cbd if bedrock pulls it all off. shinola hotel proves they do slick stuff.

Delta City USA! OCP Quicken Loans is paying for this project.

Name:  2914417_orig.jpg
Views: 1732
Size:  49.0 KB

Loyal as a puppy!
    Last edited by Danny; December-13-18 at 05:32 PM.

Mr. Gilbert's Monroe Block seems to be an outstanding project from both an architectural and placemaking standpoint. What an addition to downtown. It makes the Grand Circus Park City Club project, also going up on one of Detroit's most highly prominent sites, look like the amateur hour.

With regard to the Monroe Block, it's hard not to notice the complete absence of discussion this month of Phase 2. Hopefully they will be able to move forward with that project as well.

Stunningly gorgeous. No other city in America is achieving this kind of high-level design.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Mr. Gilbert's Monroe Block seems to be an outstanding project from both an architectural and placemaking standpoint. What an addition to downtown. It makes the Grand Circus Park City Club project, also going up on one of Detroit's most highly prominent sites, look like the amateur hour.

With regard to the Monroe Block, it's hard not to notice the complete absence of discussion this month of Phase 2. Hopefully they will be able to move forward with that project as well.
    Agree. I noticed an intentional absence of the tallish brutalist multifamily tower

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    ...No other city in America is achieving this kind of high-level design.
    lol.......

The big question I have with this project now is with the [[assumed) underground parking garage that will go with it. And more specifically, the footprint of said parking garage.

For the record, I have not seen any announcement that indicated an underground parking garage is part of the Monroe Blocks project, rather I just assumed it. Anyway, assuming there is an underground parking portion... will that garage have a footprint of just phase 1, or will it be one giant underground garage that extends over to the phase 2 block?

Reason being, if the garage doesn't extend to the phase 2 block, it doesn't force Bedrocks hand just yet on some of the design for block 2. However if it is built as one giant garage, which would seem most logical and cost effective, the footing placement and support beams for the cores of block 2 would need to be established now. Hence the lengthy post for a rather simple question.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast