Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

You all are most welcome!

I've slowed down the picture cadence to about one per month for this site. I still like to have occasional pictures just so we can see how the project is moving. My most recent picture and the previous one have almost no difference.

We'll be posing updates from on the ground and from above as real construction gets going on Instagram, Facebook, Minds, and more in coming weeks and months. It should be fun.

Who is this "we" you're speaking of? Are you with Bedrock or one of the construction companies/general contractor?

Anything new as of yet? Haven't been down to check on the site myself in about a month or so.

I was there during opening day, equipment is on site but nothing was moving.

This is just a guess, but I think we will see work begin once the demo work is complete over at the Hudson site. While Hudson is clearly under construction, there is also quite a bit of demo still going on too, and once finished I think that same crew will move over to this site to demo that parking lot. I have no info, it's a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    This is just a guess, but I think we will see work begin once the demo work is complete over at the Hudson site. While Hudson is clearly under construction, there is also quite a bit of demo still going on too, and once finished I think that same crew will move over to this site to demo that parking lot. I have no info, it's a guess
    Demolition has been completed at the Hudson site since last fall and they've been working on the foundation since that time. And there really isn't a reason both sites can't be worked on at the same time. Monroe blocks will start demo and construction soon enough. Patience, people.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Demolition has been completed at the Hudson site since last fall and they've been working on the foundation since that time. And there really isn't a reason both sites can't be worked on at the same time. Monroe blocks will start demo and construction soon enough. Patience, people.
    Concrete demolition is stilling going on at the Hudson site, they're working in tandem with the caisson construction crew.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...s1ZawzA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Asti View Post
    Anything new as of yet? Haven't been down to check on the site myself in about a month or so.
    They're working but not on anything major. They've removed a streetlight and a parking meter. They've been setting up the temporary construction offices, relocating utilities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    Concrete demolition is stilling going on at the Hudson site, they're working in tandem with the caisson construction crew.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...s1ZawzA/videos
    If you’re referring to the pile of rubble on the south end of the site, that’s the remains of the first ramp into the site that partially contained debris from the garage. No actual demolition has occurred in months.

^They are still removing the concrete [[and rebar) floor in various sections around the site. That would technically be demolition, as they are chopping up, separating and removing the rubble.

Some steel was dropped off at the site last Thursday along farmer between phase 2 and 1 portions of the site and Workman were attaching more bedrock/turner construction signs to the fencing in the phase 2 section of the development today.

Name:  C85687E0-B0D4-47FD-8755-2C03FB05B096.jpg
Views: 1991
Size:  109.9 KB
    Name:  46ACF117-872F-4A0A-8E7F-3A59FA11A635.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  170.8 KB
    Name:  48DB7C25-F2D0-4F63-ADCE-1A273FC5E839.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  92.1 KB

That might be temporary storage of materials for the One Campus Martius expansion. They put up more windows on that building on Friday than the new Pizza HQ got in the last 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    That might be temporary storage of materials for the One Campus Martius expansion. They put up more windows on that building on Friday than the new Pizza HQ got in the last 9 months.
    Could also be for the Hudson’s site tower. Construction on the tower is supposed to begin soon.

Seems unlikely to be for One Campus Martius as the structure is supposed to be topped out. It could be for the Hudson's site, but I can't imagine what beams of such short length would be used for on site right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Seems unlikely to be for One Campus Martius as the structure is supposed to be topped out. It could be for the Hudson's site, but I can't imagine what beams of such short length would be used for on site right now.
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but the Hudson Tower is being built by Barton Mallow, and the Monroe Block is being built by Turner Construction. If this is the case, I find it hard to believe that one contactor [[Turner) is allowing a rival company [[Barton) to store their steel on the site, even if both parcels are owned by Gilbert.

I have no idea who the general contractor is for Monroe Blocks, but if that is the case, then, yes, that would be odd. So the steel is most likely for that project if Turner is building it.

Could be braces for a wall or pieces for a crane

Any signs of activity on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Asti View Post
    Any signs of activity on the site?
    There is activity but I think it's all related to the One Campus Martius addition.

They've got construction trailers and a fuel tank on site but no actual generator to power things.

While, they have less than three weeks of spring left to start the substantial excavation or we’ll be able to officially say they’re behind schedule according to the released timeline, But if the weather in the summer cooperates maybe they can catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRises View Post
    While, they have less than three weeks of spring left to start the substantial excavation or we’ll be able to officially say they’re behind schedule according to the released timeline, But if the weather in the summer cooperates maybe they can catch up.
    Skippers Rule?

Presuming that Gilbert hasn’t signed significant tenants for the office tower, it would be foolish to build the tower on spec. Perhaps the groundbreaking and renders were more for marketing the property. Also the ground breaking was likely just to snag tax benefits and perhaps there is enough tile built into construction schedule/benefit kick back to get some tenants to commit.

not really, much bigger office towers in Chicago were built entirely on spec and im pretty sure Detroit has lower vacancy rates.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...blocks-project

Props to Bedrock for being *somewhat* transparent on this. I think they are telling the truth. With OCM, Hudsons, and the Monroe block, there is really no place to stage stuff anywhere. They are using the Monroe block site to stage stuff for OCM. There is no room at the Hudson's site to stage anything.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast