Views: 7181
Size:  181.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0912.jpg
Views: 3467
Size:  221.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0911.jpg
Views: 9608
Size:  227.9 KB

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of parking spaces suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." -Olympia Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of parking spaces suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." -Olympia Entertainment
    I read this while riding the bus and people are looking at me funny because I'm laughing too darn hard!

It's going to be pretty damn cool having all the cranes/construction going on at Monroe and Hudson at the same time.

It seems like they are only doing work on the one side of Farmer. I knew they were doing this in phases, but I hope they clear up the other side as they go.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    It seems like they are only doing work on the one side of Farmer. I knew they were doing this in phases, but I hope they clear up the other side as they go.
    I imagine that they will use the other side as a staging area and parking for as long as they can. It may be a bit before we see any action over there.

I was under the impression that staging would be at the fail-jail site. In any case, yes, since they are doing it in phases, there isn't much need right now to do anything with the second block. We don't need to be getting greedy. If they only ever finish phase 1 it will have been a major accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    It's going to be pretty damn cool having all the cranes/construction going on at Monroe and Hudson at the same time.
    Not gonna lie, working in the building that sits right between the two sites is pretty awesome, not to mention the building itself is being expanded as well.

I intend to update pictures for all three projects on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Not gonna lie, working in the building that sits right between the two sites is pretty awesome, not to mention the building itself is being expanded as well.

I intend to update pictures for all three projects on Monday.
    Excellent. Thanks. I work downtown, but don't have a view of any the sites. Very much enjoy seeing photos.

The big question I have, is whether it will be one large underground parking garage that spans both Monroe blocks, or separate underground garages for each block.

Once major excavation starts, it should be obvious and hopefully we will be able to figure that out fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The big question I have, is whether it will be one large underground parking garage that spans both Monroe blocks, or separate underground garages for each block.

Once major excavation starts, it should be obvious and hopefully we will be able to figure that out fairly soon.
    It would not make any sense to have separate garages. Spanning the entire development would allow for more functional spaces and easier release into traffic especially during high profile events.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    It would not make any sense to have separate garages. Spanning the entire development would allow for more functional spaces and easier release into traffic especially during high profile events.
    Completely Agree. It makes sense to span both blocks with the new garage, and build the garage all at once.

That being said, doing so requires:
    1) demo of the Theatre now... which has been a historical preservation issue. Any court ordered hold of the theatre demo puts the entire project on hold of they are building one giant garage.

2) A decision in the near future about how tall and where any tower[[s) will be constructed on block two, as the support columns will need to be built appropriately for what will go on top of the ramp.

So while it totally makes sense to build one big garage, logistics from 1) and 2) above could result in two garage constructions.

Well, I've now got three projects that I can see from my building or the parking garage attached to it, so I'll start providing pictures for this project as well. I probably won't update these pictures as much unless there is significant or interesting activity.

Monroe South
    Name:  Monroe South.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  136.7 KB

Monroe North
    Name:  Monroe North.jpg
Views: 2644
Size:  117.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Well, I've now got three projects that I can see from my building or the parking garage attached to it, so I'll start providing pictures for this project as well. I probably won't update these pictures as much unless there is significant or interesting activity.

Monroe South
    Name:  Monroe South.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  136.7 KB

Monroe North
    Name:  Monroe North.jpg
Views: 2644
Size:  117.6 KB
    Thank you for the pictures and all the updates. Much appreciated.

I assume the early work will involve the start of digging a very big hole on block 1 for the underground garage. I will also be very curious to see when and what work [[if any) happens on block 2 in the near term.

Bedrock has provided a timeline for constuction that they are using for planning with contractors. Seems impossibly ambitious, but that's pretty standard for these construction projects.
    • Winter/spring 2019: Site clearing/mass excavation
    • Summer 2019: Foundations
    • Fall 2019: Office tower structure
    • Spring 2020: Residential building structure
    • Spring 2020: Office tower MEP [[shorthand for mechanical, electrical and plumbing) and fire protection systems
    • Summer/fall 2020: Office tower enclosure
    • Summer 2020: Vertical transport [[read: elevators)
    • Summer/fall 2020: Residential enclosure
    • Spring/summer 2021: Office tower interior finishes
    • Summer/fall 2021: Residential building interiors
    • Fall 2021: Office tower complete
    • Spring/summer 2022: Residential building complete

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/voices...lock-video-new

Two years for each tower [[rising basically simultaneously) is hardly ambitious, though.

Any recent pics? we're in mid February now.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Any recent pics? we're in mid February now.
    I have purposely not been doing as many pictures of this site as Hudson's and OCM because progress seems slower here.

Monroe South
    Name:  South.jpg
Views: 7590
Size:  127.4 KB

Monroe North
    Name:  North.jpg
Views: 3579
Size:  184.9 KB

It's been a few, but not really any progress yet.

South
    Name:  South.jpg
Views: 1925
Size:  119.0 KB

North
    Name:  North.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  85.6 KB

How often are the windows cleaned in the building where 48307
    shoots his updates from ? Perhaps that is his/her side job ?

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    How often are the windows cleaned in the building where 48307
    shoots his updates from ? Perhaps that is his/her side job ?
    Ha! In this case there are no windows in the way. They're being shot from the 12th floor balcony of the One Campus Martius building on the corner of Farmer and Monroe.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3335...7i16384!8i8192

Heights aren't my thing! Taking these pictures have helped me confront my fear of heights.

48307 the pictures are nice and crisp. Thanks for posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    48307 the pictures are nice and crisp. Thanks for posting them.
    You are most welcome, O3H! I'm glad to be able to contribute in some way!

The originals are much more crispy, these are reduced down for the forum. I'll have to post some hi-res one someday.

Probably don't need anymore pictures until, you know, they actually start excavation, okay? And we definitely don't need anymore from block 2 unless they decide to tear down the existing buildings on site. There is nothing to even imply they are going to do anything to that block until well after block 1 has begun.

Thank you for posting the updates 48307, it is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast