Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Eastern Michigan football goes 7-5

I know in the grand scheme of things this doesn't seem like much, but as an old undergrad [[1971), I was overjoyed when Eastern beat Central last night and finished with a 7-5 season, and probably will go to a bowl game.

For a program that was on life support this time last year, coach Chris Creighton has done a remarkable job over his 3 year tenure to get them where they are today. The players earned this great season.

This year has been incredibly unpredictable:

Cavs come from behind 3 -1 to beat the record setting Warriors.
    Cubs win World Series for 1st time in 108 years.
    EMU, on election night, becomes bowl eligible. First bowl since 1987.
    Clinton does not win on election night as expected. Trump wins the day after.
    Pistons move back to Detroit after what 43 years.
    EMU wins and finishes 7 - 5 first time with that many wins in over a quarter century.
    Sparty goes from college football playoffs to a losing season.
    Lions continue to surprise fans and pundits with their many close wins. Aretha Franklins sets a record for longest rendition of the National Anthem.
    Fidel Castro dies which may hasten the changes in Cuba.
    Last edited by emu steve; November-26-16 at 06:07 AM.

Go Huron's! '78'

Go Blue 95' & 97'

Against Old Dominion. I was kinda hoping for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, Boise, ID being only 400 miles from my place, but it's much better than the Amos Alonzo Stag Bowl, where they went in 1970, in the NAIA years when I was there.

ODU is going to be a tough match up for EMU. The Monarchs went 9-3 in Conference USA play, ending up 2nd in the East Division.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Against Old Dominion. I was kinda hoping for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, Boise, ID being only 400 miles from my place, but it's much better than the Amos Alonzo Stag Bowl, where they went in 1970, in the NAIA years when I was there.

ODU is going to be a tough match up for EMU. The Monarchs went 9-3 in Conference USA play, ending up 2nd in the East Division.
    It should be a better than advertised game.

EMU last went to a bowl game in 1987. ODU has never been to a FBS bowl game.

Both team will play their hearts out and not mail it in as we see in some bowls where one [[or both) teams didn't get what they wanted in bowl season.