Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Little League Baseball World Series

Anyone following the LLBWS?

Grosse Pointe Farms lost to Kentucky [[
    Logan County/Russellville), and Kentucky is advancing on from the Great Lakes Region.

http://www.littleleague.org

diver1369 Guest

I've been following it sporadically. I'll watch it more often as the number of teams narrows. It's great to see the kids play just for the love of the game. We were all at that age some time ago.

So far, Kentucky out of Great Lakes looks over-matched by California, which has very good stats. Good leadership, coaching, and athletes on the West squad.

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    So far, Kentucky out of Great Lakes looks over-matched by California, which has very good stats. Good leadership, coaching, and athletes on the West squad.
    The teams from Texas and California look like the ones to represent the US in the semi-finals. The Chula Vista team looks like a powerhouse. I haven't been paying attention to the foreign teams.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    The teams from Texas and California look like the ones to represent the US in the semi-finals. The Chula Vista team looks like a powerhouse. I haven't been paying attention to the foreign teams.
    Great for these youngsters, to play at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    Texas looked good. Pitching, strategy, coaching gave them the advantage. The manager gave the boys lots of latitude, and they came through.

CA appeared lethargic this time. My 13 year old son is torn between his affinity for all things asian [[the Chiba City, Japan and Chinese Taipei teams), and his friendships with some of the CA boys whom he's known for several years [[he attends middle school with several of the boys - 8th grade). And yes, it is a fact that Luke Ramirez is only 13 years old and in the 8th grade.

diver1369 Guest

There was a great game tonight between Staten Island, NY and San Antonio with the Texans coming out on top. The play on both sides was excellent, especially the defense with four double plays by both of the teams. In the entire LLWS up to that point, there had been five double plays. San Antonio goes on to the championship game playing either the Chula Vista team, they beat yesterday, or the team from Georgia. The US should be well represented by whoever wins that.

The TX squad commands respect. The CA kids are smart and capable of beating TX Saturday. Coaching - slim advantage TX. Overall talent of the entire squad of players - advantage CA. We shall see what prevails.

The CA kids have won it all. USA rules!

Mostly Hispanic and Mexican American Californian kids. They can play baseball like the pros.

These are all-american boys [[and parents). They get good to excellent grades too. They are little celebrities now. So cute.

I'd be equally proud, maybe more so in some ways, if it were Detroit kids. Now that would be great! It could happen.