Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Photo headers

Default Photo headers

Is there an explanation somewhere for all of the fantastic photo headers used at the top of every page? Many of them are complete mysteries to me.

I'm curious specifically about this one, that has "Speramus" misspelled as "Sperimus". Where is this?

Darn good question, Kiraly. Lowell........???????

Quick Google search told me that one is on a walking bridge on Belle Isle:

Thanks, jcole.

I'd love to see a description of the rest of the photos. UNIX and Mac users, copy and paste this into Terminal to download all 287 of them:

curl -O http://www.detroityes.com/HeaderFlash/gallery/album1/3/[1-287].jpg

I had a look through them all, some I have seen many times, some never. Are they all Lowell's photos?
    Last edited by Király; November-19-16 at 04:10 PM.

I don't know whether this is still up to date but if you download Attachment 32121 to banners.htm on your computer then display that in your browser, you can see them all on one page, numbered for convenience.

Terminal? That can't be good--ala an OSX palpitation. I'll just see them as they come up on the pages........

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    Thanks, jcole.

I'd love to see a description of the rest of the photos. UNIX and Mac users, copy and paste this into Terminal to download all 287 of them:

curl -O http://www.detroityes.com/HeaderFlash/gallery/album1/3/[1-287].jpg

I had a look through them all, some I have seen many times, some never. Are they all Lowell's photos?
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-19-16 at 06:14 PM.

Here's an older thread on the subject in general!

I Love The Changing D-YES Photo Banners!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I don't know whether this is still up to date but if you download Attachment 32121 to banners.htm on your computer then display that in your browser, you can see them all on one page, numbered for convenience.
    Yes,it still works. Just open the .htm file in a browser

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Yes,it still works. Just open the .htm file in a browser
    Thanks, jcole. It's always helpful to get an independent confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thanks, jcole. It's always helpful to get an independent confirmation.
    Just saying if you don't open it in a browser after changing it to .htm, you just get the links to each.