Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Damaged Ceilings in the Fisher Bldg Arcade

Sounds like the Fisher Building is going to be saved, and the gorgeous hand painted arcades restored to their original beauty. 100 million is the restoration number being floated in Freep.

I took some photographs of the water damaged plaster which is eating through the painted surfaces so people can get an idea of the skilled labor that will go into refurbishing the arcades.

http://detroitfunk.com/saving-the-fisher-building/

Thank you for the pics. Sad, but happy to see that restoration is planned.

I just hired an ornamental plasterer for a project I've been working on. Beautiful work. About $80/hr and a solid month of labor. Client loves it. I'm in the wrong profession.

Evergreen Studios from NYC did the painting of Orchestra Hall hence the connection to Peter Cummings...one of the best in the country. Most of the large areas are painted on canvas and applied to the plaster...the plumbing leaks have been addressed, so we should not see additional damage. Most of the ceilings have never been thoroughly cleaned...the finished job will astound everyone!