Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ferndale Trumps Hate Sunday Nov. 20th

Several Ferndalians have come together to organize a peaceful march to show love and support to the marginalized groups that face hate and discriminatory policies.
    The Facebook invite explainsGather with us to march from Planned Parenthood to Affirmations to stand against hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism, and xenophobia.

http://oaklandcounty115.com/2016/11/13/ferndale-trumps-hate-march-planned-for-nov-20-2/

Peaceful? Let's hope so. We've just witness the first casualty related to protests from those not accepting the results or even the President for that matter. How long is this going to last? Money must run out some time right? 😏

Would be nice if Hillary sends her support base the same message she campaigned with....ACCEPT THE RESULT AND MOVE ON

https://youtu.be/cP0G4vJ5OMw

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Peaceful? Let's hope so. We've just witness the first casualty related to protests from those not accepting the results or even the President for that matter. How long is this going to last? Money must run out some time right? 😏

Would be nice if Hillary sends her support base the same message she campaigned with....ACCEPT THE RESULT AND MOVE ON

Mrs. Clinton is planning on sending an e-mail... from only one device.

I'm curious if you're one of the 99.9% of conservatives who championed the past 8 years of full on obstruction, and now think that we need to "pull together"

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Mrs. Clinton is planning on sending an e-mail... from only one device.
    Meanwhile, Pence is moving to block all of his official emails from being released

Sad election from a broken system. Hillary's popular vote lead is now over 1,000,000

Keep the faith folks. Don't listen to the haters. It's their hate [[or their uncaring support of hate) that's brought this upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I'm curious if you're one of the 99.9% of conservatives who championed the past 8 years of full on obstruction, and now think that we need to "pull together"
    Nope, my disdain for the two party system is mutual.

Attachment 32096

Meanwhile, Pence is moving to block all of his official emails from being released
    He should just delete them.

There is a big difference between legislative opposition and violent riots. Nobody needs to "pull together" in this case. Use the Senate filibuster and amendments in the House to delay and oppose just like the GOP did.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He should just delete them.
    After that he should sledge hammer the devices, then toss the debris into the river.

Update-

Ferndale, MI – Some plans have changed for Sunday’s solidarity march in Ferndale.
    The event originally called “Ferndale Trumps Hate,” has been renamed “Ferndale Love March.” It begins at 4pm in front of Affirmations Community Center at 290 W. 9 Mile in Downtown Ferndale. W. 9 Mile will be closed for the march, which will head West to Pinecrest, then East to Earle Blvd, ending at Geary Park.

I didn't like the obstruction from the Republicans during much of Obama's term. I thought it was childish. [[And most here know my politics -- I voted Straight R.)

Whether the Democrats decided to mimic Republican bad behavior remains to be seen. I hope not, because I think there are good progressive actions that are needed in the world -- but it just went a little too far, a little too fast. And I think a lot of the public is the same way.

Democrats can decide whether they want 'business as usual' obstruction, or they want to re-create bipartisan politics. I think they'll get further with cooperation. I expect obstruction.

Glad it's not on Woodward. What a traffic nightmare that would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I didn't like the obstruction from the Republicans during much of Obama's term. I thought it was childish. [[And most here know my politics -- I voted Straight R.)

Whether the Democrats decided to mimic Republican bad behavior remains to be seen. I hope not, because I think there are good progressive actions that are needed in the world -- but it just went a little too far, a little too fast. And I think a lot of the public is the same way.

Democrats can decide whether they want 'business as usual' obstruction, or they want to re-create bipartisan politics. I think they'll get further with cooperation. I expect obstruction.
    I don't think there was obstruction from the R party. What agenda didn't O get but Gun control and the Fairness doctrine.

The only tool congress has is the budget when it comes to a President using Presidential orders to enact his desires and the republicans passed a budget that allowed the resettlement of aliens in communities across the US and they passed a budget the allowed the A.C.A. to commence after standing firmly against the passage of the bill in Congress.
    Doesn't sound like obstructionism.

Nope, my disdain for the two party system is mutual.

Attachment 32096
    The sad truth behind this cartoon is that both parties really act alike when it comes to greed and corruption while they decry the other parties exposed discretion's.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    The sad truth behind this cartoon is that both parties really act alike when it comes to greed and corruption while they decry the other parties exposed discretion's.
    Oh, it gets worse. When GWB launched the War of Terror, it was suspected, by liberals, that the neocons had usurped the administration and taken over the controls. When the Republicans lost the whitehouse to the Democrats under BO, it was suggested that the neocons would be run out of town. That may have been the case for some of the usual suspects but it certainly did not tone down the war drums. Quite the opposite.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The wars were expanded with droning of Pakistan, aiding/invading Yemen, Libya, Syria and even meddling in the Ukraine....and all courtesy of a Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

But I don't point the blame at BO or even GWB for that matter. They are patsies who's sole job is to read the script without messing it up. BO just happens to do a better job in that respect.

Make no mistake, there is a shadow government that lurks behind the scene that has managed to maintain total control over our internal and foreign affairs despite the party in power. It cares not of who thinks is in control. They are above the presidency, congress and the senate. What they do provide is the perception of democracy and theater for mass distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I don't think there was obstruction from the R party. What agenda didn't O get but Gun control and the Fairness doctrine.

The only tool congress has is the budget when it comes to a President using Presidential orders to enact his desires and the republicans passed a budget that allowed the resettlement of aliens in communities across the US and they passed a budget the allowed the A.C.A. to commence after standing firmly against the passage of the bill in Congress.
    Doesn't sound like obstructionism.
    Well, you have a point.

I do recall prominent Repubs swearing to fight each and every issue to the death. And I thought that was a mistake. But its what I remember. Of course in practice they didn't fight everything.

But it doesn't really matter. Let's just hope that rather than Hate from the left, we can get some recognition that there are people who disagree with them -- and they're not all racists.

Sad election from a broken system. Hillary's popular vote lead is now over 1,000,000
    Doesn't matter. Both campaigns were playing ball on the same field with the same rules.

Crying foul now, expressing dissatisfaction with the elections outcome by complaining about the rules borders on sour grapes.

The reason for the popular vote is California and how the Electoral College spreads clout among all areas of the country. Plus the simple fact that this country is a Republic not a simple democracy.

The Senate is an example of leveling the playing field between heavily populated States and sparsely populated States.

You must be in favor Federal Campaigns limiting their attentions to southern California, the Greater New York area and south Florida. Basically ignoring everywhere else.

Would the outcome have been different if Trump/Clinton campaigned by that set of rules?

The Electoral College was created to entice new states to join the Republic and keep states already in the Republic from leaving the Republic by succession. As some disillusioned west coasters are clamoring for now.

As one living in state that would be ignored in a National Campaign by popular vote the Electoral College is fine by me.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; November-19-16 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeabilly View Post
    Several Ferndalians have come together to organize a peaceful march to show love and support to the marginalized groups that face hate and discriminatory policies.
    The Facebook invite explainsGather with us to march from Planned Parenthood to Affirmations to stand against hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism, and xenophobia.

http://oaklandcounty115.com/2016/11/13/ferndale-trumps-hate-march-planned-for-nov-20-2/
    Wow, as a young poor cracker maneuvering the mean streets of the lower eastside back in the day I sure wish some folk would'a marched and showed some of that love for me.

I ain't saying there weren't a few that recognized my plight but they were few and far between.

Oh well. It would have been a warm fuzzy.

Don't know why that thought came to me........never mind.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; November-18-16 at 11:14 PM.

And...... she still lost. Get over it. To quote Hillary, "What difference does it make now!".

I find it interesting that all the talk of "tolerance" & "love" & "acceptance" is directed towards those people with whom you agree. There's no challenge to loving, tolerating or accepting people that you agree with, like and have apathy for. How many of you will accept, tolerate and love our new president, in spite of your fears, misgivings, and dare I say it, hatred of him? It's only after you love your enemies, that you can preach love to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    ... There's no challenge to loving, tolerating or accepting people that you agree with, like and have apathy for....
    I think it would be extremely difficult to love someone for whom one has apathy. Or did you mean empathy?

Someone really needs to come up with a better name for these rallies. You should not use your adversary's name in a positive light. Love over hate. The only word there that relates to Trump is the last one. Just watch what happens to the definition of trump in a few years.

P.S. Michigan: What a let down! I take no solace in the fact you're just as screwed. Let's see how this bodes for your comeback. I was rooting for you.
    Last edited by bust; November-22-16 at 05:10 PM.

Suppose that would be relevant if the law of the land was most popular votes wins. The electoral vote is the one that counts so don't fully understand how the system is broken considering that it worked as designed by not allowing population centers on both coasts to solely determine the outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast