Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default An armed society is a civil society?

If our wise and considerate leaders believe the second amendment to be so important as to be untouchable, why limit the carrying of weapons to the outside world? If guns are so important to our society, why not allow weapons to be carried freely by everyone, at all times, in courtrooms, legislative chambers, police departments, etc, etc? If an armed society is a civil society, I should be able to visit my senators, representatives, council persons and judges, loaded and ready to defend myself, my fellow citizens and my country. It's hypocritical of politicians to disallow weapons to be carried in to their chambers and offices.

ccbatson Guest

Technically a sound argument for any publicly accessible area Kiels.

Dodge City, Kansas

Tombstone, Arizona.

We're supposed to be more civilized today, right?

Picture everyone openly packing at contentious places like major sporting events or say the Jerry Springer show.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-18-09 at 06:18 AM. Reason: edit

I wonder how long it will be until a gunfight erupts at one of those events....

The US Supreme Court has already decided that the right to bear arms is a fundamental consitutional right. There will be much litigation to determine what regulation of that right by government is allowed [[think about the last 35 years of litigation to determine what regulation of abortion should be allowed).

Private parties, however, can restrict that right on their property. So, it is likely perfectly legal for arenas, bars, TV shows, etc. to prohibit the carrying the weapons in their facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Private parties, however, can restrict that right on their property. So, it is likely perfectly legal for arenas, bars, TV shows, etc. to prohibit the carrying the weapons in their facilities.
    Under what statute does a privately-owned bar have the right to deprive me of my Constitutional right to bear arms?

Most sporting facilities are publicly-owned. I should be able to bring my gun into Joe Louis Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Dodge City, Kansas

Tombstone, Arizona.

We're supposed to be more civilized today, right?
    Let's not forget Deadwood, SD.

All of those towns eventually adopted town ordinances prohibiting carrying firearms within the town limits, which went a long way towards overcoming their reputation as "thug cities". Don't forget that scene in "Wyatt Earp" where he confronts a group of drovers just in off the range and forces them to check their guns until they leave town.

ghettopalmetto, Detroit's own Plaxico Buress in residence...

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    If our wise and considerate leaders believe the second amendment to be so important as to be untouchable, why limit the carrying of weapons to the outside world? If guns are so important to our society, why not allow weapons to be carried freely by everyone, at all times, in courtrooms, legislative chambers, police departments, etc, etc? If an armed society is a civil society, I should be able to visit my senators, representatives, council persons and judges, loaded and ready to defend myself, my fellow citizens and my country. It's hypocritical of politicians to disallow weapons to be carried in to their chambers and offices.
    Getting the topic back on track, yes this is techincally correct.

I actually don't care for elected officials [[specifically federal) who are hoplophobes!

You guys/girls are quite funny and quite serious at the same time. Keep up the comments. I believe in gun ownership but also in regulation. I won't elaborate at this time. Hafta go.

An armed society is a civil society?

WE''RE BOTH!

We're a armed society because of watchful FEAR from powerful pricipalities.

We're a civil society because we create our own culture.

WE as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are a armed and civil society because we created it and living in it.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Spirit of fear or spirit of love, you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Under what statute does a privately-owned bar have the right to deprive me of my Constitutional right to bear arms?

They can deny you access to the property for any reason, or for no reason. How many restaurants require a coat & tie? "No shoes, no shirt, no service" ring a bell? How about "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    They can deny you access to the property for any reason, or for no reason. How many restaurants require a coat & tie? "No shoes, no shirt, no service" ring a bell? How about "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." ?
    The right to go shirtless and sans footwear is not protected by the Constitution. Guns are.

BANG BANG!

Peace through strength. Same reason US and Russia are now at peace with one another.

Quote: "Don't forget that scene in "Wyatt Earp" where he confronts a group of drovers just in off the range and forces them to check their guns until they leave town."

Hollywood writing history. That was put in there to appease the limp-wristed liberals.

Quote: "Picture everyone openly packing at contentious places like major sporting events or say the Jerry Springer show."

I'll bet there would be much fewer smartasses in the crowd. Care to wager that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Peace through strength. Same reason US and Russia are now at peace with one another.

Quote: "Don't forget that scene in "Wyatt Earp" where he confronts a group of drovers just in off the range and forces them to check their guns until they leave town."

Hollywood writing history. That was put in there to appease the limp-wristed liberals.

Quote: "Picture everyone openly packing at contentious places like major sporting events or say the Jerry Springer show."

I think students in schools and universities should carry firearms. That way, there won't be any fights. And if you refuse to get your book learnin' on, your teacher/professor can shoot you.

Survival of the fittest. And by "fittest", I mean "most heavily armed".

Why have intelligent thought when we can just shoot shit?

You would be correct if people did not drink at sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post

I own guns for one simple reason. If the s hits the fan, I don't want the only people with guns to be the right wing fringe nutjobs

I'm glad I'm not the only one disturbed by the recent rash of boneheads bringing guns to Obama events.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/r...p?release=1173

The U.S. owns 270 million of the worlds 875 million known firearms, or 90 firearms for every 100 people.

The worlds second-most civil society, Yemen, comes in at a paltry 61 firearms per 100 people.

Suckers.

There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide. Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per 10 people," it said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...34893820070828

How much fun are we having here? Nutsos, whack jobs, limp wristed liberals, right wing-nut jobs. Doesn't get much more intellectual and engaging than this.

At least we are not bringing our guns to this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    How much fun are we having here? Nutsos, whack jobs, limp wristed liberals, right wing-nut jobs. Doesn't get much more intellectual and engaging than this.

Quote: "Doesn't get much more intellectual and engaging than this."

OK, you first, say something "intellectual and engaging". And please don't reference this nonsense:

""why limit the carrying of weapons to the outside world? If guns are so important to our society, why not allow weapons to be carried freely by everyone, at all times, in courtrooms, legislative chambers, police departments, etc, etc? ""
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; August-18-09 at 04:12 PM.

please note that i didn't call the entire right wing nut jobs, just the fringe

Quote: "You would be correct if people did not drink at sporting events."

Drinking and drugging probably kills more people than guns do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast