Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Priority list for president

ISIS

This is how the enemy treats non believers...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKBN1341UJ

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    ISIS

Corrections Corporation of America stocks are up 41% since the election.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Corrections Corporation of America stocks are up 41% since the election.
    Cool that will help my retirement.
    I thought the experts predicted a crash if they didn't get a Hillary win.
    Guess the fickle market rebounded already!

It did crash. In some markets the drop was as high as 2%!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It did crash. In some markets the drop was as high as 2%!
    2% is a minor fluctuation. Not a crash.
    Just more scare tactics.

2% is a minor fluctuation. Not a crash.
    Just more scare tactics.
    Some of my posts are a minor attempt @ humor, not meant to be taken seriously. Just more humor tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Some of my posts are a minor attempt @ humor, not meant to be taken seriously. Just more humor tactics.
    Your comment was not taken as a micro-aggression. My skin is a bit thicker than that.
    Just didn't see the sarcasm that time..

Not that I'm privy to The Donald's plan for Grating but, I suppose he will keep cosying up to the Cubans, not renege on Obama's overtures. Then, in all probability, throw in a few deals to sweeten up Guantanamo's presence on the island, such as turning it into a CCA Detention Centre for ISIS POW's with a buck-a-day labor component. Cigarillos for Chinese export?

No, this will not be good for your retirement. President Trump will be a supply side trickle down believer. The theory that hefty tax cuts for the wealthy will free up money for investment, therefore jobs has failed. The freed up money is instead hoarded, deposited in offshore banks or real estate. Last time a republican president pushed this he left a mess for the next president. A collapsed economy and 900,000 jobs lost per month. This after inheriting the closest thing to a balanced budget we will ever see, and a strong economy [[yes, with a mild recession). The last time we had a republican president [[Hoover), a trickle down believer with a republican house and senate, as President Trump will have, the great depression followed.
    Last edited by Bobl; November-11-16 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    No, this will not be good for your retirement. President Trump will be a supply side trickle down believer. The theory that hefty tax cuts for the wealthy will free up money for investment, therefore jobs has failed. The freed up money is instead hoarded, deposited in offshore banks or real estate. Last time a republican president pushed this he left a mess for the next president. A collapsed economy and 900,000 jobs lost per month. This after inheriting the closest thing to a balanced budget we will ever see, and a strong economy [[yes, with a mild recession). The last time we had a republican president [[Hoover), a trickle down believer with a republican house and senate, as President Trump will have, the great depression followed.
    Look I think the markets are overly inflated, especially in the tech area.
    As for freeing up money, the banks were bailed out with our money and then the Dodd Frank act required banks keep a healthy dollar reserve to survive another meltdown. This kept money tight. Also don't forgot that the reasons banks were allowed to get into those trading markets that lead up to the meltdown was because of the overhaul of the Glass Steagall signed by....President Clinton.
    He was a champion of "too big to fail" problem was they created a bubble that burst and a downturn that was worsened by the cost of Bush's foray into the Middle East.
    Either way the middle class faltered under the weight of the costs.
    Enter Trump...what will he do????

One possibility...re-install some portion of Glass Steagall.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/tr...s-steagall-law

Come on admit it, even Bernie is envious.

I want to see less foreign involvement and more work on the domestic front- jobs, infrastructure improvements etc. Healthcare needs work obviously, but I doubt Trump has any good ideas to fix it. I think we need universal care. Hillary in prison would be good, but I'd settle for exile.

GMan, it is true that I somehow neglected to add deregulation to the equation, a glaring mistake. Problem is that Mr Trump has indicated, in fact based much of his campaign, on more deregulation. This, combined with the trickle down myth, is the reason for my pessimism.

GMan, it is true that I somehow neglected to add deregulation to the equation, a glaring mistake. Problem is that Mr Trump has indicated, in fact based much of his campaign, on more deregulation. This, combined with the trickle down myth, is the reason for my pessimism.
    Don't hear deregulation as a "open market free for all." Obviously he has said he want tariffs on foreign goods and he possibly wants some sort of Glass Steigal act to limit bank trading so he is not open market free trading. He will also have to get a rebub congress behind him, one that wouldn't support him and even tried to undermine him the same way the DNC did to Bernie. Either that or he will have to take the Obama path of Pen in hand regulation to achieve his goals. I don't think congress will sit back and allow it like they did with O's presidential order lawmaking.

Default Nafta

I read that Canada and Mexico are suddenly open to re-negotiating NAFTA.
    Wow, hope Trump is a good bargainer like he said.

His priority list for 1st 100 days. Flint is included.

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition [[exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

snf /* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

About your third point:
    Do you feel the same about rules in the workplace? Do you throw out 2 old ones for every new one? Baseball, football?

The fourth point is interesting. There will be lobbyists appointed to Trump's cabinet or at least in some function in the White House staff. Do you have any rules about lobbyists moving in as opposed to clearing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I want to see less foreign involvement and more work on the domestic front- jobs, infrastructure improvements etc. Healthcare needs work obviously, but I doubt Trump has any good ideas to fix it. I think we need universal care. Hillary in prison would be good, but I'd settle for exile.
    Pam you have some very good requests here. I do worry about the Universal Health Care portion though as I have relatives overseas that relate stories of shortcomings when trying to get care. The problem I have with creating a single payer plan is that it puts all the money in one pot. That big pot of money can sure look tempting to politicians to "borrow against." [[think of S.S.) Then when it comes time to pay it back the cry goes out, "It's under Funded! We need to raise taxes to keep it going! There never seems to be any accountability. I like the idea of a tax free savings account for all individuals with the states being able to open up exchanges selling insurance from any provider to cover large expenses. Then the money funneled over to the A.C.A. could go back to Medicaid to cover those that fall through the cracks as it did in the past.

About your third point:
    Do you feel the same about rules in the workplace? Do you throw out 2 old ones for every new one? Baseball, football?

The fourth point is interesting. There will be lobbyists appointed to Trump's cabinet or at least in some function in the White House staff. Do you have any rules about lobbyists moving in as opposed to clearing out?
    You live in canaduh right? Worry about what your prime mistress justine kardashian is doing to your nation and we will worry about ours.

About your third point:

I don't think you can make a blanket statement to throw out 2 for each one but certainly a review of relevant regulations that are affected by the proposed regulation is in order.

Lobbyists work for domestic and foreign businesses and governments. They certainly shouldn't be allowed to take money from a private entity or government well they are working in the white house. That is a conflict of interest and appears as a pay to play scheme. That said how does one verify the rules are being upheld???
    Placing a ban on a staffer or Congress member from returning to Washington as a lobbyist for 5 years would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    ...Healthcare needs work obviously, but I doubt Trump has any good ideas to fix it....
    On the radio I heard a lot of hand wringing about how a Trump presidency would affect the stock market [[opinion vacillated) but one point stood out: the pharmaceutical industry was happy because they believed they would be relieved of price regulation.

Oh really? After the recent Shkreli and EpiPen price gouging scandals that would be a good thing?!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-11-16 at 06:08 PM.

Predictably, a person who wishes to divert funds from and destroy public schools has been chosen as Education Secretary, and a climate change challenger and former lobbyist for the tobacco companies, who claimed cigarettes are harmless, will be in charge of the EPA.

ISIS

No worries. Trump has a "secret plan" to defeat ISIS, he said so himself. Also, he knows more about ISIS than our own military generals, again, he said so himself. So I would expect ISIS to be wiped out by mid-2017. Anything short of that and well, I might have to question our new President's honesty...

I here you loud and clear on this but the destruction has been somewhat bi-partisan as well. Recall the fall out from Rhee http://schoolsofthought.blogs.cnn.co...n-d-c-schools/ and the experiment of Common Core, ongoing.

Predictably, a person who wishes to divert funds from and destroy public schools has been chosen as Education Secretary, and a climate change challenger and former lobbyist for the tobacco companies, who claimed cigarettes are harmless, will be in charge of the EPA.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-24-16 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    On the radio I heard a lot of hand wringing about how a Trump presidency would affect the stock market [[opinion vacillated) but one point stood out: the pharmaceutical industry was happy because they believed they would be relieved of price regulation.

Oh really? After the recent Shkreli and EpiPen price gouging scandals that would be a good thing?!
    Good thing for the pharma companies.

You know nobody ever feels pain for these guys. If Billionaires like Trump don't fend for the one percenters like him; who the heck will?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    No worries. Trump has a "secret plan" to defeat ISIS, he said so himself. Also, he knows more about ISIS than our own military generals, again, he said so himself. So I would expect ISIS to be wiped out by mid-2017. Anything short of that and well, I might have to question our new President's honesty...

Well if he takes opportunities to inflict damage on the enemy when they present themselves then that in itself will be more than this present admin has done.
    One Specter gunship could have wiped out the "victory parade" ISIS had after seizing Mosul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast