Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: How many trick-or-treaters did you get this year?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 10

12 30.77%
  • 10-20

4 10.26%
  • 20-30

2 5.13%
  • 30-50

5 12.82%
  • 50-75

4 10.26%
  • More than 75

12 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How many trick-or-treaters did you get this year?

Hey everyone,

Just curious how many treat-or-treaters everyone had this year. Feel free to post your location as well. We had about 14 in Troy. Anyone else feel like there's been a decline in recent years?

This is the first year I've been here for Halloween in many and am shocked how few trick-or-treaters showed up in Grosse Pointe. We only had about 12. The design of our street has something to do with it, but many more kids came by here years before.
    Last edited by bust; November-01-16 at 03:41 AM.

We had about 20-30 here in Vilseck, Germany. It was a good combination of US Military and German civilians. "Trick or Treat" is a new thing in Germany that has overpowered the more familiar St. Martin's Day. It does not sit well with the older crowd, but in our mixed nationality community both are celebrated pretty equal.

May favorite costume was the kid in the Gordie Howe jersey. He got all the candy that was left towards the end of the night!

I had 4 in Royal Oak! I live on a busy street, so that's actually a record high! I was so excited to actually pass out candy.

My boyfriend who was at his parent's in Rochester Hills for the evening, said within the hour they had gone through 4 bags worth.

160 In Clawson.

250-300 in Grosse Pointe Park.

Too many to count in Grosse Pointe Woods. 200+ Ran out of candy at 7:30 and they were still coming.

We got 40ish in Lafayette Park.

Ran out of candy in EEV as well.

this was my first michigan experience...had 6 in bloomfield hills. 4 of those were teenagers in plain clothes at 10pm they drove up from southfield to trick or treat in our sub [[i politely inquired). we live on a corner on the edge of subdivision. neighbor 2 doors down had to run out an get more candy after 1st hour due to hoards. guess i dont have to worry about bothering next year

I got 3 and a half bags of candy. And yes, I AM big for my age.

Exactly 93. That leaves seven candy bars for us. St Clair Shores.

Only 68 here in Livonia. We were handing out 2 and 3 candy bars to each visitor after 7:00 and still had leftovers. Our normal turnout is usually about 125 to 175.

In Canton, we hit 59. This was my first Halloween in this area after moving from Redford and that number was very low for me. I now have a ton of candy left over.

But for the first time in a long time for me, everyone was very well behaved and actually had costumes. I got so tired of throngs of much older kids going door to door with no costume, pushing and shoving, grabbing for the candy bowl, that I eventually stopped in recent years.

I had a great time pulling out the spooky decorations and lights again and kids started coming up the walk some time around 6:00p or so. By 7:30p though, it was over and I was a bit disappointed in that. I can recall times where we wouldn't even start until 7:00 and be out until at least 9:30.

My neighborhood in Clinton Twp had gobs of kids running around. We estimated between 100-150. I'm happy we bought the extra bag of candy or we would have ran out about halfway through the evening.

In Wyandotte we had probably 30-40, which is a huge improvement over last year where we had exactly three. Also I agree with the poster above who mentioned how polite everyone was. And everyone, including parents, were in costume. It was a very nice Halloween evening.

Nine in Bloomfield Township, which is a lot for us. We've had years when we had nobody at all. Average for the last couple of years was probably 2-3. I had only one bag of Reese's, and had 5 of them left at the end of the night.

None at my home in Wyandotte.

Very nice turnout in Corktown - went through about 3 bags of candy and 1 box of 50 bags of Better Made. Kids were super cute and polite and a lot of the parents were in costume.
    Ran out about 7:15 and was cold from sitting on the porch from about 5 -

So perhaps, after this past Halloween, things in the Detroit area may be on the upswing in terms of individuals exhibiting civil behavior towards others? I'll take anything I can get. I'll use any positive comments about Detroit and Detroiters as a sign to have hope for the future. Glad to hear that all of your Halloween experiences in Detroit this year were a non-issue at worst or pleasant at best.

We folded up last on our block at 8p. [[had only four other houses giving out candy, whereas, the other street was absolutely booming-can't blame them, they got a guy who has more pumpkins than some grocery stores). Despite what a large clique on our street would think in the matter, I'm quite glad to get the Arab, Latino, and African American kids from other neighborhoods. They had costumes on, and they were glad to be out that night. Too bad they were in a hurry to hit up better streets, otherwise we can say more things about their costumes and turnaround to add toys to the candy [[give em' candy, "Thank you", they spin around and head off like a flash).

The Lawrence street guy claimed he got over 2,000, while some in the historical district of Dearborn said they got 500 [[one corner house had a giant fluorescent cartoonish grim reaper-when we rounded that corner, just then, huge flames shot out of the scythe 15' into the air!! We shrieked and nearly crashed.). Beechmont's pumpkin king and cobwebs houses were crowded. Didn't get to check out the pirate house in Southern Dearborn Heights.

So good question: do you think Dearborn is http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...born/92721966/ #5?

Over in my area of Dearborn by Oakwood Hospital, we had about 250. Interestingly, my neighborhood association posted the same question on their Facebook page. It widely varied based on what street people lived on. I guess mine was the most active street based on the comments.

We live in a subdivision in poorer Troy, and had exactly 80. We candy-budget for 100 based on past years and that's usually a pretty safe number.

We got a little nervous around 7:30, but the number fell off pretty drastically at that point and we turned off the porch light at 8.

C

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Too many to count in Grosse Pointe Woods. 200+ Ran out of candy at 7:30 and they were still coming.
    GPW is nuts. My mom started buying giant economy sized bags of candy at Costco a few years ago. She usually looses count in the 200's to 300's range.

In Troy we got around 100.

It never ceases to amaze me how few people on this forum actually live in the city of Detroit. [[4 out of 22 respondents, discounting the DetroitSoldier, THANK YOU for your service). Detroit needs less cheerleaders, and more residents.

Anyway, I had 2 in Warrendale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast