Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Eyewear Store on Woodward

Warby Parker is set to open a store in Downtown Detroit on Woodward next to Kit and Ace. The store is on the line of SEE Eyewear and the prices will be somewhat reasonable for some frames

I don't know whether the info in this video is still accurate. It was published Oct 7, 2012: 60 Minutes: Sticker shock: Why are glasses so expensive? Warby Parker is favorably mentioned.

The last frames I bought are nearly indestructible. They're Flexon frames. I intend to keep them forever and just update the lenses.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-22-16 at 02:31 PM.

Or buy the frame separately and just keep them put away until needed. I did that with a favorite eyeglass frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I don't know whether the info in this video is still accurate. It was published Oct 7, 2012: 60 Minutes: Sticker shock: Why are glasses so expensive? Warby Parker is favorably mentioned.

The last frames I bought are nearly indestructible. They're Flexon frames. I intend to keep them forever and just update the lenses.

Warby Parker is a brand with tons of goodwill and is the go-to eyeglasses brand for New Yorkers who naturally wish to be stylish but cannot pay the big bucks. Their storefronts have cropped up throughout trendier parts of NYC. Bottom line, it's a good brand to have in Detroit.

This is a good addition to Merchants Row being that the eyewear will be affordable and there is only one other eyewear place in all of downtown. This store will get more potential customers visiting it than Kit and Ace, Detroit is the New Black, and John Varvatos. I see more storefronts are being prep for retail. Does anyone knows what is about to open in the next year? I am glad that security is beginning to be heavy on Woodward especially in front or near that liquor store. Make it difficult for riff raff and other undesirables to hang out there

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    This is a good addition to Merchants Row being that the eyewear will be affordable and there is only one other eyewear place in all of downtown. This store will get more potential customers visiting it than Kit and Ace, Detroit is the New Black, and John Varvatos. I see more storefronts are being prep for retail. Does anyone knows what is about to open in the next year? I am glad that security is beginning to be heavy on Woodward especially in front or near that liquor store. Make it difficult for riff raff and other undesirables to hang out there

That liquor store is closing anyways with the new Shinola hotel that will take the place of that building. Bedrock told them they would help them move. Definitely glad they're moving as well, a liquor store has no place on Detroits prime retail strip

Good riddance to that Jazz Convenience Store. I lures lots of drunkards and loiters!! into the Woodward Business Corridor. It's a eyesore!