Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default AL Central Represents!

Congratulations to the Indians, clearly the best team in the American League this year. Living in the Toronto area, I get so sick of hearing how the East is the best division in the AL. Well this is now 4 of the last 5 years the AL champs are coming from the Central.
    Last edited by 401don; October-19-16 at 06:14 PM.

With all due respect to your rah-rah...

As a Detroiter, I say eff Cleveland and especially eff Ohio.

Ugh, I hope they get swept.

I hate every team in the AL Central except for the Tigers. Cleveland can especially go screw themselves after their completely classless fans started a "Detroit's Bankrupt" chant at a game I went to down there.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I hate every team in the AL Central except for the Tigers. Cleveland can especially go screw themselves after their completely classless fans started a "Detroit's Bankrupt" chant at a game I went to down there.
    The Canucky thing to do is to throw a beer can at their outfielder.

I hope Cleveland gets swept.. I also hope this post gets deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Hear! Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Second that! Go Cubs!!!

Can't stand the Blue Jays, can't stand the Indians. I hate Toronto a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Can't stand the Blue Jays, can't stand the Indians. I hate Toronto a little more.
    Geez, I had no idea the anti-Cleveland sentiment was so strong around here but I agree with the above quote. If you lived where I do, you watch Rogers showing the friggin Bautista bat flip on all of their tv stations over and over for a year. Then you listen to Bautista whine about the umps every time they lose. I hate the Indians as well but I always put that aside and root for the division my team is from once they are out of the playoffs. Yes, even if that means cheering for Ohio State against a team like Alabama just so the Big 10 wins. Again, the mistake by the lake sucks, but I'd trade Castellanos, Iglesias, and even Kinsler, tomorrow for Lindor.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Geez, I had no idea the anti-Cleveland sentiment was so strong around here but I agree with the above quote. If you lived where I do, you watch Rogers showing the friggin Bautista bat flip on all of their tv stations over and over for a year. Then you listen to Bautista whine about the umps every time they lose. I hate the Indians as well but I always put that aside and root for the division my team is from once they are out of the playoffs. Yes, even if that means cheering for Ohio State against a team like Alabama just so the Big 10 wins. Again, the mistake by the lake sucks, but I'd trade Castellanos, Iglesias, and even Kinsler, tomorrow for Lindor.
    I never understood the mentality to "root" for other teams in your teams division. In college, sure if other teams from the conference win it can make the perception of the conference stronger as a whole, which could ultimately play a role in rankings of voting in the future.

In the professional sports it doesn't matter how other teams in the division or conference, only your own. There is no voting to get into the play offs or ranking system. So, I hope Cleveland gets swept, I never like to see other teams in the division succeed, and I wish the cubs were out of it too so they could continue their championship drought!

Psychologists tell us that sometimes, jealousy promotes hatred. Here are the Indians in the World Series while we Tiger fans, once again, watch our team clean out their lockers for another long winter.

I could not agree more. Go Cubs.

I remember watching that game on TV and that is why I hate Cleveland/Cleveland sports... before that I just disliked them, but that tasteless move by the fans escalated my animosity towards them

Even though the Cubs braintrust portray a certain arrogance, I'm still pulling for them to win their first series since 1908. Don't want to see the Dodgers get in. Cubs-Indians would be a intriguing series between two of the oldest franchises in MLB. Cubs fans have waited long enough.

I normally cannot stand to watch the playoffs after the Tigers go out-- it hurts too much-- but I will tune in to the WS to watch the NL representative beat Cleveland.

Screw them!

Ohio is a state that sucks, and Cleveland is a terrible, if historic, franchise with an offensive logo and bad fans.

The best team in the AL had the third worst attendance in the entire MLB. Shame on them. They deserve nothing. http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I can't think of single person from Detroit who's following the playoffs that has any desire for Cleveland to win. It's bad enough those assholes took the NBA title this year. If it weren't the Cubs I sure as hell wouldn't want a Chicago team to win, the rest their teams can **** off. I will certainly be cheering the NL team.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    Psychologists tell us that sometimes, jealousy promotes hatred. Here are the Indians in the World Series while we Tiger fans, once again, watch our team clean out their lockers for another long winter.
    Not sure how listening to a personal [[not sports related) attack during a season which my team went to the playoffs and their team cleaned out their lockers made me jealous but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitpride313 View Post
    I remember watching that game on TV and that is why I hate Cleveland/Cleveland sports... before that I just disliked them, but that tasteless move by the fans escalated my animosity towards them
    The most annoying thing about that game was the Tigers went 9-1 against them in Cleveland that year and of course the game I had tickets to was the one loss. Just my luck.

Go Tribe. I root for Cleveland but less the Indians and their fans who once chanted 'Detroit Bankrupt'. They are fellow rust belt sufferers on the rise. I'd like to see them win two championships in a year. Then lose out to the Tigers next year.

Upon moving to Houston in the 1980s, my Nonna and I grew weary of the drab local team, the LASTros. [[Excepting '86 of course) Thank goodness for WGN who brought us the Cubbies in all their melodramatic and entertaining glory. I've got a feeling Mia Nonna is somewhere in Heaven, cheering on the Cubs, especially any and all of the "nice Italian boys".

As for Cleveland, they have the RRHOF because of the dumb luck of having one certain DJ on the air. Meanwhile, Bill Haley was born and raised here. "Rock Around The Clock"? "See You Later Alligator"? It swept the entire country. You know it, I know it, and God knows it. Never forget, Detroiters! And that's what I think about Cleveland.

Go Cubs Go!

Speaking of Ohio, I once read where the only natural lake in Ohio is Lake Erie. Any other "lake" in that state has been manmade by damming streams. Anyway, Yeah, go Cubbies! I kind of hope it goes to game six so Chi can win it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Speaking of Ohio, I once read where the only natural lake in Ohio is Lake Erie. Any other "lake" in that state has been manmade by damming streams. Anyway, Yeah, go Cubbies! I kind of hope it goes to game six so Chi can win it at home.
    Another urban legend
    There are 110 natural lakes in Ohio larger than five acres, covering a total surface area of 4,658 acres. These lakes occur in 21 of Ohio's 88 counties.natural lakes in ohio - ODNR Division of Water Resources

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast