Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kudos for Feds for taking down more attempted muderers.

Well, all it took was for my mom [[in her typical half-paying attention of the news she always has blaring 24-7 at her house-a house she may very well be losing, I may add.) to tell me something was going on in Garden City. With some investigation I found this. http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/curtis...ants-refugees/ These men exhibit much of the same blind bile-spewing anti-Islamic rhetoric I often see here on Detroityes. They were Trump and Cruz supporters that relied on posting the very same kind of flawed and violence-endorsing memes I've seen on sites like Pinterest. They were willing to start and perpetuate violence in the name of jingoistic intolerance and nationalistic pride-driven hatred. They are just insecure bullying white racist militia-minded men [[Cliven Bundy?); the very kind I often encountered in all of my travels through 17 states.

Anything about this story sound familiar?-This failed politician http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/robert...-plea-patriot/ tried something similar. Alsohttp://heavy.com/news/2015/07/robert...nal-candidate/. Let's not forget there was this near-murderous incident with the members of the KKK that worked as correction officers at a Florida Prison.http://www.miamiherald.com/news/spec...e17207408.html

In each case, it should be noted that swift efforts were made by the Federal Government to prevent bloodshed being committed upon American citizens.

Now, only if the Feds had listened to the father of Ahmad Khan Rahami when he, himself [[the father here, mind you) told them his son had terrorist ties.

It's PC to go after the KKK, and other white supremacist types. And where there's a threat to commit crime and murder they must be addressed. However, it need not be either/or - it should be both/and. I say cut out the cherry picking.

Especially when warned as in the case with Rahami.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Now, only if the Feds had listened to the father of Ahmad Khan Rahami when he, himself [[the father here, mind you) told them his son had terrorist ties.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-20-16 at 05:04 AM.

This is a perfect example of crap reporting,they spent more time writing about what a horrible person this is because he supports Trump,posts his dislike towards Obama on Facebook,and reposts items that thousands of Facebook users repost daily.

Thier target audience is 19 to 30 year olds,and they are filling thier minds with propaganda instead of the facts on why or what this person is actually charged with.

It seems more clear on a daily basis that the news media has sunk down to the leval of supermarket tabloids and spill more anti Amercian crap then the actual subject that they are reporting on.

We see here and everywhere else how the effective campaign of hate has turned weak minds into hating and attempting to belittle those who do not agree with with thier choice of candidate.

If somebody does not like the currant immigration policies then they are racist and anti Amercian,this country was built in individualism but it is becoming clearer that that no longer applies,and will most likely be made illegal to have freedom of thought.

Say what anybody wants and right,wrong,or indifferent Cliven Bundy died for what he believed in,there was a time when those before us took the same stance and paid the ultimate sacrifice.

It does not take a brain surgeon to see where this is going,before anybody passes judgement against anti-Islamic how about asking the victims families how they feel about the whole thing,it is okay as long it is the other guy that is dead but to somebody else we are the other guy.

So it is okay to wage war against them but not be able to express ones opinion against them? It makes us no different then them.
    Last edited by Richard; October-16-16 at 09:07 PM.

Okay, this is for the OP - sorry that it is off-topic. What is going on with
    your Mom's house? What city is the house located in? I am a total news
    junkie too to the extent of sometimes not attending to work and personal
    matters.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    These men exhibit much of the same blind bile-spewing anti-Islamic rhetoric I often see here on Detroityes.

I'm on D-Yes quite a bit, and can't remember any "bile spewing anti-Islamic rhetoric" posted here. Since you see it here so often, would you be so kind to post a few links?

As for the men in Garden City, Kansas. I doubt there is anyone here that isn't happy with the fact that the authorities caught them before they could harm anyone. As you mentioned, it's a shame they didn't do the same to prevent so many from being killed in Orlando.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; October-18-16 at 11:41 AM.

First of all, Cliven Bundy is alive sh*t-kicking, as usual. Just because someone stands by a self-serving position they have that is repugnant doesn't make them a martyr. To be a martyr, one has to be a witness to a well-founded belief [[and preferably one that benefits others). If someone's stance is oblivion, than I would not consider Chris Farley or Amy Winehouse a martyr-just self-destructive. If one wants to taunt animals until they get killed, then I would never consider Steve Irwin or Siegfried [[or was it Roy-I really don't care, either way.) a martyr. If you live by being a nasty nihilist [[which lacks beliefs) insulting everyone or someone who is prostituting yourself while having faceless self-indulgent sexual encounters with complete strangers until you finally get killed, then I would not consider Matthew Shepherd or the folks attacked at Charlie Hebdo martyrs-victims of hate crimes, yes, but not martyrs.

Peculiar, that right as Cliven Bundy is brought up, the prior video links I was able to post online from many times before, have strangely disappeared. But here is a transcript link:http://Which, also, is to follow the axiom: "keep repeating the lie, and folks will believe it."

Also, I seem to be repeatedly posting easily digestible segments from Colbert or John Oliver [[or disturbing articles about Homan Square), but it seems certain folks ignore these, for if they actually paid attention, than they would change their tune on some matters, but it seems the same lies to counter this evidence get spewed again and again. Which tells me some folks go in to these things with a firm and per-determined outlook [[or agenda, if you will) with no regard towards what anyone else has to offer [[thus, to follow the axiom: "keep repeating the lie, and folks will believe it."); while I, myself, still do my best to inconvenience myself with traversing many trying matters and the grey zones they will take me, until I acquire quite enough evidence to find the resolve needed and the weight of proof to propound that which I state here-which I will state based on evidence from personal, historical, pop culture, and local and current events.

Second: this story went greatly under-reported, along with the KKK Florida guards, and Doggart's arrest didn't even make it to any broadcast news. The prior two I heard as a passing blurb on the 6 0'clock news at my mom's [[and I don't want to even go into the housing situation there-not now. All I can say, is there is a guy acting like a jerk posting commentaries on the Dearborn Press & Guide attacking renters in Dearborn, saying they are destroying the community, while my mother has been there for ten years in good standing, since the bankruptcy that cost us a home in Detroit we had for 30 years. Which is why she dropped her subscription to the dang paper.) and nothing more after it.

As someone who has a strong interest in and has studied psychology, propaganda, and Mass Communications [[and foolishly, heh, thought he can make a major out of it-jokes on me, there.) for quite a while, I'd like to think I know just a little bit about the disproportionate way in which some stories get prominence in the media while others get a mere murmur [[as well, as the aspects that go into weighing the real emphasis or implied weight of story based on how much each side of an argument is presented and offered equal time, what gets a nostril shot, what doesn't, and what gets the last word, etc.).

To the poster who wishes to dispute the strong weight of tendency on DY towards anti-Muslim rhetoric, I'm a bit too burdened with other matters to display each and every God-awful link that shows more folks dissing Muslims than supporting them. off the top of my head, here is one, and you can see if any harsh prejudiced statements jump out or whether the weight of it leans towards anti-Muslim. http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ue-ControversyGranted, DY is no where near as bad as the Youtube comment section [[or what you find in news comment sections), but to say it is absent on DY, is almost to suggest "we've been too easy on them thar' Mohammedens"), yet, I feel very alone when I defend Muslims [[except for a few balanced comments from Zacha-thank you much). Even someone who seems liberal on one end-maybe someone from Canada, perhaps-can suddenly surprise my with their "Muslim+terrorist" mentality.

Tell you what, you go out of your unburdened way to prove to me how DY is not anti-Muslim and will do it's best to defend Muslims, and I will get back to you all soon.

Found 'im.

http://www.pressandguide.com/opinion...95670bc72.html

Thanks for this info, back to the main topic of the thread.

I will say that Muslims are swimming upstream against bad press. Some of
    it has to do with the State of Israel. One of the neat things about Detroit is
    that, as an industrial immigrant community, we live in the shadow of the
    Ottoman Empire, as reflected by immigration from Hungary, Greece, Albania,
    Macedonia, Assyria, and other areas. The Islamic Ottoman Empire dealt with
    its subjects on a nation to nation basis, as if the communities within the Empire
    were self governing communities, and was if anything tolerant of its Jewish
    subjects though considering them to be technically inferior to Muslims. The
    Empire crumbled around the time of WWI, this time of mass industrial immigration
    to Detroit. In the former Ottoman Empire there was [[and still is!) genocide and
    threatened genocide against various ethnic groups of the Empire - e.g., attacks
    on Israel long before 9/11 occurred. So there is this waxy yellow buildup of
    animosity towards Muslims on account of historical experiences of European nations bordering the Ottoman Empire; expulsions and genocide of Greeks and Armenians as a result of the crumbling of the Ottoman Empire; attacks on the
    State of Israel; 9/11; attacks by Saddam Hussein and others on U.S. forces and
    innocent citizens prior to 9/11; and fairly or not, these days, there is ISIL.

Prior to the rise of ISIL there was a small subsection of the Muslim community
    in East Dearborn who went around with black flags attached to their car antennas
    in much the same way as others here fly United States or Red Wings or Spartan
    flags or put little bright fluorescent Styrofoam balls so they can pick out their car
    at the Mackinac Island Ferry parking lot; haven't seen the little black flags since
    the rise of ISIL. Muslims are a great community that can live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Found 'im.

http://www.pressandguide.com/opinion...95670bc72.html

Thanks for this info, back to the main topic of the thread.

I will say that Muslims are swimming upstream against bad press. Some of
    it has to do with the State of Israel. One of the neat things about Detroit is
    that, as an industrial immigrant community, we live in the shadow of the
    Ottoman Empire, as reflected by immigration from Hungary, Greece, Albania,
    Macedonia, Assyria, and other areas. The Islamic Ottoman Empire dealt with
    its subjects on a nation to nation basis, as if the communities within the Empire
    were self governing communities, and was if anything tolerant of its Jewish
    subjects though considering them to be technically inferior to Muslims. The
    Empire crumbled around the time of WWI, this time of mass industrial immigration
    to Detroit. In the former Ottoman Empire there was [[and still is!) genocide and
    threatened genocide against various ethnic groups of the Empire - e.g., attacks
    on Israel long before 9/11 occurred. So there is this waxy yellow buildup of
    animosity towards Muslims on account of historical experiences of European nations bordering the Ottoman Empire; expulsions and genocide of Greeks and Armenians as a result of the crumbling of the Ottoman Empire; attacks on the
    State of Israel; 9/11; attacks by Saddam Hussein and others on U.S. forces and
    innocent citizens prior to 9/11; and fairly or not, these days, there is ISIL.

Prior to the rise of ISIL there was a small subsection of the Muslim community
    in East Dearborn who went around with black flags attached to their car antennas
    in much the same way as others here fly United States or Red Wings or Spartan
    flags or put little bright fluorescent Styrofoam balls so they can pick out their car
    at the Mackinac Island Ferry parking lot; haven't seen the little black flags since
    the rise of ISIL. Muslims are a great community that can live and learn.
    Thanx for the post. I wondered what the black flags meant. You see quite a few of them around Dearborn and Hamtramk. One guy in Dearborn has 3 of them, about 5' X 4', stuck in his front lawn. Boy am I naive! Here I thought they were sympathy flags for lost loved ones due to ISIS, instead, it turns out these guys are supporters. By the way, why can't you and Obama say "ISIS"? Just curious. The OP is right, our country's biggest problem is a handful of good 'ol boys sitting around a room seeing who's got the biggest gun. Yep, same meaning as Union 76 styrofoam antenna balls.

From Post #9
    "Muslims are a great community that can live and learn".
    That must be why the rest of the world is beating a path to their countries to live and learn with them!!! Check out how they're doing it in Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, Belgium et al. I read recently that Germans are starting to leave. Hope we get the benefit. At least they'll help make America Great again.

The term ISIL is used by President Obama as well as various news media and
    myself because prior to the rise of this terrorist nation the term ISIS was in
    use as a personal name and the name of various businesses and organizations
    named after the ancient goddess Isis, not to mention the goddess herself, none
    of which had to do with terror.

The Germans are the most populous ethnic group in, actually, most counties
    in the United States. Along with Spanish, German is THE strong candidate for
    a second language in the United States. One big difference is that Germans
    have a beer culture - they took out Yankee-sponsored Prohibition - whereas
    Muslims have a Prohibition culture.

I think of Salonica in the Ottoman Empire [[now Thessaloniki in Greece) as being
    a historical sister city to Detroit. Immigrants from there were amazed at how
    rude we were here in the United States when they arrived circa 1900 - 1930.
    If you love the food and the hospitality in our numerous Greek and Albanian
    restaurants in metro Detroit you are enjoying for a brief time an outpost of
    Salonica.
    Last edited by Dumpling; October-23-16 at 11:43 PM. Reason: gRAMmar

Another ugly incident: yet, police were not so lucky this time. http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/scott-...iminal-record/ Like Dylann Roof, this one was a racist [[and like the Uber driver and the vet who fired on cops on Memorial Day, was a Trump supporter) and was safely [[?!) taken into custody though he fired on police.