Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default How Hot is Lafayette Park?

It seems that it is getting pretty warm. A few hundred percent in just as many years will not go unnoticed.

http://detroit.curbed.com/2016/10/7/...-park-for-sale

As a resident it's pretty crazy. Were starting to see longtime residents selling which is disappointing but that's the direction the city is going. Sure glad I bought when I did 5 years ago though.

Unfortunately it seems that the days of Lafayette Park being a mixed/middle income neighborhood are coming to an end. $300,000+ for relatively small units, plus monthly maintenance fees of $650-1200 a month depending on where. Most people can't afford that and will have to settle for being very jealous.

But at least it has the potential to show developers that high quality architecture and planning are capable of helping create a place that is a joy to live in and that people are willing to pay a lot of money for. And thankfully it's not rocket science so if anyone cared to, developments with similar quality could be built. The buildings were not especially expensive to construct at the time, and their lessons are easily learned. It's also worth pointing out that the highrises are also comparatively successful. But I don't think DuCharme place will have the same success...