Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Well, I know it just opened, but the attendance at LCA for Pistons games is already looking bleak. Maybe it will improve depending on the popular and better teams, like the Cavs and Warriors coming in, or it may be a reflection of the product on the floor. I've been seeing a lot of empty seats for a brand new arena.
    Apparently there are a lot of people in the building but not in the actual arena. I have no idea why someone would buy tickets to a sporting even and then watch the game in a bar or restaurant inside the area/stadium but a lot of people do this.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Apparently there are a lot of people in the building but not in the actual arena. I have no idea why someone would buy tickets to a sporting even and then watch the game in a bar or restaurant inside the area/stadium but a lot of people do this.
    It's a new arena and due to the hype people wanna see the arena more than the teams. I've been talking with friends and we might buy ticket to a Pistons game as they're cheaper, watch 20 minutes of it, and wander around the rest. I didn't get a chance to walk around it when they had an open house.

Apparently the project cost has risen from $65 million to $107 million....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...s-headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    Apparently the project cost has risen from $65 million to $107 million....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...s-headquarters
    That must be one hell of a nice building considering that the IBio building WSU built across the street [[including the renovation of Dalgliesh Cadillac) cost $90 million and wet lab space is extremely expensive to build.

A quick check at ticket prices from the Pistons website/Ticketmaster reveals that lower bowl seats along the sideline are $270 each [[$283.75 w/fees) for the game played tomorrow, October 25th, vs. the Timberwolves. This price appears to include food and beverage [[of unknown quantity). Upper level seats appear a bit more of a bargain at $38 [[$49.75 w/ fees). These same tickets are priced at $375 and $75 before fees when the Cavaliers are in town next month. Oh, and don't forget the convenient $40 parking fee that you can add to your invoice prior to completing your purchase.

A shiny new arena will convince very few foolish enough to drop that type of money on overvalued entertainment. I, along with most others, will be unwilling to pay these prices if it were the NBA Finals, let alone a regular season game.The joke is on you, 313 Presents [[formerly Olympia Entertainment).
    Last edited by Knocturnal; October-24-17 at 08:58 PM.

Prices are outrageous for this team especially. The question is, does the market adjust accordingly? And are the Pistons willing to put up with the bad press of the empty seats [[we've only had two games and it is already a national story) for the entire season? Will most of these tickets get dumped on the secondary market for cheap?

Also interesting is Wings attendance, which secretly hasn't been the best. And now the team has lost 5 in a row. This is the first time in a generation that the team is truly bad, and they don't have the fallback of "the last season at The Joe!" this time around, just high prices. The new arena is cool, but I get the sense that there's no urgency to check it out, as it theoretically will be around for a long time.

Nice article from the Sacramento Bee [[yep, the city in CA).

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/...180558186.html

Reading this article suggests some interesting details including contamination at the site and money to remediate it.

P.S. we've discussed this before, but I wish it could face Woodward. It appears to be a very beautiful building and Woodward is Detroit's front porch.

That said, I have driven by the site and it is a nice site for this facility.
    Last edited by emu steve; October-25-17 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
    A quick check at ticket prices from the Pistons website/Ticketmaster reveals that lower bowl seats along the sideline are $270 each [[$283.75 w/fees) for the game played tomorrow, October 25th, vs. the Timberwolves. This price appears to include food and beverage [[of unknown quantity). Upper level seats appear a bit more of a bargain at $38 [[$49.75 w/ fees). These same tickets are priced at $375 and $75 before fees when the Cavaliers are in town next month. Oh, and don't forget the convenient $40 parking fee that you can add to your invoice prior to completing your purchase.

A shiny new arena will convince very few foolish enough to drop that type of money on overvalued entertainment. I, along with most others, will be unwilling to pay these prices if it were the NBA Finals, let alone a regular season game.The joke is on you, 313 Presents [[formerly Olympia Entertainment).
    I agree. I'll just stay home, and watch it on TV, if I choose to. Best seat in the house anyway, and don't have to deal with the hassle of overpriced tickets, food, drinks and parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post

I can't speak to the price differentials between the Palace and LCA but I do have knowledge of Wizards tickets in D.C.

I can't believe the prices folks are paying for lower bowl sideline tickets.

Seats behind the player benches about 25 rows up for the CLE Cavs game next week are $265 plus fees.

Luckily I have that game in my partial plan and saved $100 / ticket.

I passed on Golden State because the listed price was $264 / ticket and the only time I paid roughly that was for the Tigers 2006 World Series.

As someone may have mentioned the way to get tickets for NBA is through partial ticket plans, either for yourself or with others.

There are price discounts plus post season priority, if applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I can't speak to the price differentials between the Palace and LCA but I do have knowledge of Wizards tickets in D.C.

I can't believe the prices folks are paying for lower bowl sideline tickets.

Seats behind the player benches about 25 rows up for the CLE Cavs game next week are $265 plus fees.

Luckily I have that game in my partial plan and saved $100 / ticket.

I passed on Golden State because the listed price was $264 / ticket and the only time I paid roughly that was for the Tigers 2006 World Series.

As someone may have mentioned the way to get tickets for NBA is through partial ticket plans, either for yourself or with others.

There are price discounts plus post season priority, if applicable.
    There are lots of deals for Pistons games on Stubhub. The key is to wait until game day, which is not a problem since you know most of the building is empty. Right now for tonight's game there are lower seats on the baseline for $79, lower corners for $40, lower ends for $25, and upper sides right at center court for $15. Anyone who buys on the team site is nuts.

I agree. Folks develop strategies to buy them on StubHub or have reasons to buy partials for specific reasons.

E.g., I forgot the details but I could have bought a 13 game package and got Golden State, Cleveland [[2), Boston[[2), opening night, etc.

I'm paying $163 for the CLE game a week Friday. List price is $263. [[I have a six game pack).

http://www.nba.com/wizards/2017-18-partial-plans

So two people get together and do a lottery. I pick Golden State. You pick CLE. Eventually someone gets a lesser game, but it is virtually a freebie.

hmm... no city resident discount on tickets? Oh well.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    hmm... no city resident discount on tickets? Oh well.
    The Arena is too new. That kind of stuff will be used to draw in the stragglers later.

'A huge win': Pistons open new practice facility in **New Center**, largest in NBA

-185,000 square feet, making it the largest practice facility in the NBA. It will house the team headquarters, putting the basketball operations and training centers under one roof

-a Plum Market serving Zingerman's coffee and baked products

-a Blink Fitness Facility

-Along the sidewalks on Amsterdam and Second, there are homages to the Pistons' greats, including Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dave Bing and others.

-The exterior has publicly accessible in-ground plaques — similar to the Hollywood Walk of Fame

-The playing courts, with a seating capacity of 600 to 1,000, also can be used for fan interaction events.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...er/3896202002/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3