Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Soave to develop 400 apartments in Corktown including Checker Cab Building

Controversial businessman Anthony Soave has announced "Elton Park" a project of 400 apartments in the Corktown pocket north of Michigan and east of Trumbull. Included in the project will be the Checker Cab building on Trumbull.

"The planned Elton Park development is expected to begin with the construction of more than 150 apartments in multiple buildings starting in the spring.

The project includes a rehabilitation of the historic Checker Cab building and construction of new mixed-use buildings with retail space on the first floors. The first phase is expected to be complete by December 2018.

All four phases of the project are expected to cost about $125 million; construction details on the other three phases have yet to be determined."

Name:  checker-cab-google.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  69.3 KB

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...lude-more-than

As many of you know that has been a site of much activity along Michigan, not to mention the former Tiger Stadium site, including some long-running developments like 2000 Brooklyn artist lofts and the Grinnell Lofts. Regarding the latter, one of the lofts there just flipped for over a half mil.
    Two-level Corktown Loft in Detroit Draws Record Price of $531K
    http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/...Price-of-531K/

well good luck, hopefully it will look nice when it's all finished.
    Why is Soave controversial?

In the [[latest) Qline thread, I suggested that I think a 7 or 8 mile QLine2 leg which would run from beyond the MacArthur Bridge through downtown [[bisect Qline) and up Michigan Ave. to say 14th.

Everyone knows that E. Jefferson has a lot of potential.

This thread shows some of the potential along Michigan Ave.

I'm suggesting two more 'legs' of the Qline, one going east along E. Jeffeson and the other going west along Michigan Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    In the [[latest) I'm suggesting two more 'legs' of the Qline, one going east along E. Jeffeson and the other going west along Michigan Ave.
    I think that's the most logical next expansion beside farther north on Woodward. Other strong candidates should be Gratiot and Grand River but I tend to agree that the 2 you list should come first. Now if there was only a way to pay for all of it..