Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Awesome points! I don't think Mrs. Clinton, a politician, is coming forth with many apologies either, but her presentation and covering on so many levels [[a leverage Trump dared think he had) endears increasing numbers to give her a pass -- and minimize her flaws.

This is ESPECIALLY so with Donald Trump being the apposing candidate!
    This IMO is the strongest persuading aspect and leading factor in this election.

For example: while Mrs. Clinton did NOT get full-out support from women [[as assumed). It has hurt Mr. Trump FAR worse to have made deeply disparaging comments, etc. re. women! That's one of many anvils that will sink his presidency IMO.

I don't think he was clear on what it really took to enter the arena of politics to be a politician.

Trump's increasing baggage and flaws are seen and shown mega-watt to the point of burn-out. There's talk today from the repub side of him stepping down. Period.

It will be interesting to see how he fares in tonight's debate. He's already tweeting!

As it stands overall, Hillary Clinton will come out on top. Not much better, but on top.

I think Mrs. Clinton will win this presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    This is a man who never feels he needs to apologize for anything. I learned in life never to trust anyone who cannot admit when they are wrong.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 12:18 PM.

Google "misogyny" right now and Donald Trump appears as the second result [[after only the Wikipedia article).

Jimmy Carter's infamous "I've committed adultery in my heart" comment seems laughably modest in contrast.

Correction: Trump just now moved up to number 1 in those Google results! LOL!
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-10-16 at 08:05 PM.

^^^ That's funny--that's why that ship [[Trump) is going to founder! Carter, Nixon, even Clinton 1.0 etc. were light weights compared to the today's tolerated shannigans!

However, I wonder what comes up under 'untrustworthy' ? .... just asking......

So great to have these two as our candidates of choice! Happy times!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 12:17 PM.

What does it say when a non politician can jump in the game and garner support that gives a life long politician a run for her money.

Women are discusted by locker room comments but yet purchased 80 million copies of 80 Shades of Grey?
    Last edited by Richard; October-09-16 at 03:29 PM.

The release of this video is an enormous blow to Trump's campaign. Barring a major change of events it will likely put the Whitehouse out of his reach. There's just no way to defend such vulgar comments, and they sound especially disgusting coming from a man of his age and social stature. It's something you might hear said between drunk guys at a bar, or maybe at a bachelor party. Not publicly from a man that wants to be President.

Also, the timing could not be any worse. It coincides with a must win debate and completely overshadows what could have been devastating emails showing Hillary offering public support for open borders here in the U.S. That timing makes me question if there was any cooperation between the Democrats/Clinton campaign and NBC. It's simply unbelievable that they did not know that this video existed until now. It's very likely that NBC has had this the entire time, and they were purposely waiting until now to dump it. If that's the case, we have more to worry about from the media than I had thought.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; October-09-16 at 06:46 PM.

Hah! That's a point in some ways. Give me the crap I wanna read! That's considered entertainment!

Just don't do what he did......! I wonder what else is going to pop out of Trumps luggage over the next few weeks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What does it say when a non politician can jump in the game and garner support that gives a life long politician a run for her money.

Women are discusted by locker room comments but yet purchased 80 million copies of 80 Shades of Grey?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sorry Ladies but we must live in two different Detroits. In my neck of the woods, there must be a City mandate and stiff fine for not having a Mrs. Clinton sign stuck on your front lawn. Considering her husband just about single handedly destroyed this City's, [[and Nation's) economy, I can only imagine she must have promised neighborhood "activists" and religious leaders a bag of cash for their votes. Seeing how Mr. Trump is turning out to be an even bigger ass then expected, I'm afraid I'll have to follow Pam's lead.
    Yeah, I live in the burbs. Saw some more Trump signs today out on a drive in the Irish Hills area. The giant size ones seem popular. I really don't think the vulgar comment is going to hurt him much. His core supporters probably enjoy his rude remarks.

I agree that the Clinton shills in the media were holding on to the Trump tape and decided to release it when they did to distract from the latest Wikileaks dump.

Here's info. on write ins. I guess they don't count in Michigan unless the candidate registers as a write in. Lame. Guess I will be forced to go Green.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/can-yo...loser-law-how/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! That's a point in some ways. Give me the crap I wanna read! That's considered entertainment!

Just don't do what he did......! I wonder what else is going to pop out of Trumps luggage over the next few weeks!!!

maybe he has Monica stuck in there.

Which reminds me,does one gain hero status for getting a bj in the White House while cheating on your wife?

You would think that would kinda be a sore spot with the women folk.

Johnnny5 That was like 15 years ago I would highly doubt he was even thinking about running for president. Let alone think somebody was recording something that may hurt him on the off chance that he would be running for president in the future.

Before the church of Scientology moved to Clearwater they gathered or created dirt on all of the public officials then when they moved there they kinda had free reign.

FBI and other agencies gather all kinds of stuff to be used later as Hoover did I would even be hesitant to donate to Mr. Trump via the facebook links.

With her past history,and if she wins,one can only hope that those lists get destroyed as her enemies seem to meet untimely deaths. I would not put it past her to go on a deplorables purge should she win.
    Last edited by Richard; October-09-16 at 07:12 PM.

It might say HCs long view was based on an assuredness that:
    - DT would, over time, help expose what she called deplorables
    - DT was not likely to have the capacity to become elected
    - DT hanging on until the bitter end followed a favorable vision.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    It might say HCs long view was based on an assuredness that:
    - DT would, over time, help expose what she called deplorables
    - DT was not likely to have the capacity to become elected
    - DT hanging on until the bitter end followed a favorable vision.

It may be plausible that this whole charade was planed from the get go but it would have had to been a massive undertaking across all party lines,party lines that cannot even agree on what time it is on any given day.

I do find it odd that everybody else dropped out and kinda cleared the path.

I do not like her,she does not act like a lady.
    She got suckered into DTs game and played it instead of taking a stand and being the mature better person,she is weak.
    I do not like Bernie either but I think it is criminal what happened and there needs to be accountability no matter how high it goes.

But most of all,she left our fellow Amercians to die in Bengazi the politics killed them and she did nothing,if the politics were in the way all she had to do was put out the word and the private contractors would have got them out of there.

She pulled the trigger and shows that Amercians lives are second to politics when she swore a oath to serve the Amercian public first and foremost.

It shows the prioritys and focus is only the climb to the top and nothing else matters along the way.

That is not to say I do not agree with some of her other views but it gets wiped out when the cost becomes to high.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Yeah, I live in the burbs. Saw some more Trump signs today out on a drive in the Irish Hills area. The giant size ones seem popular. I really don't think the vulgar comment is going to hurt him much. His core supporters probably enjoy his rude remarks.

I agree that the Clinton shills in the media were holding on to the Trump tape and decided to release it when they did to distract from the latest Wikileaks dump.

Here's info. on write ins. I guess they don't count in Michigan unless the candidate registers as a write in. Lame. Guess I will be forced to go Green.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/can-yo...loser-law-how/
    It's not easy going green. My problem is I refuse to stoop down to the sports mentally when it comes to something as important as the Presidential election. I think this election is a travesty. I can't in clear conscience endorse either of them, and her less than him.

Bill Clinton had it like that! I wonder if he still has his saxophone?

He charmed many, including much of the media. Yet not all women were so endeared to give him a pass! And it would have been far less smiles and cloaking had he been that archetypal grizzled repub entreating to seduce and turn-out the now 'innocent' intern as the media would have spun it.

You just gotta love the po-li-tricks! Feel the love or feel the hate. Depending on ones perspective, party and need to adhere to an unyielding ideology.

Which reminds me, does one gain hero status for getting a bj in the White House while cheating on your wife?

You would think that would kinda be a sore spot with the women folk.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-10-16 at 09:16 PM.

The further along this coming train wreck of an election goes, the more I know I did the right thing by not voting for either one. We lose either way. Voting for the least worst is really not a choice.

Please remember that Bill Clinton still left office with an almost 60% approval rating, even after being impeached. At the time, attacks on Bill resulted in the opposite results for Hillary's popularity. She claimed early on in his tenure that she wasn't a Tammy Wynette 'stand by your man' kind of woman....and then did just that. Women relate to that on a personal level. Certainly much more than a twice divorced man trying to make that an issue. I only mention this because the Repugnants haven't captured a majority of the female vote since 1988...6 elections. "Vulger-gate" just guaranteed number #7. You can't logistically win a Presidential race today by alienating both women and minorities. It means you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Please remember that Bill Clinton still left office with an almost 60% approval rating, even after being impeached. At the time, attacks on Bill resulted in the opposite results for Hillary's popularity. She claimed early on in his tenure that she wasn't a Tammy Wynette 'stand by your man' kind of woman....and then did just that. Women relate to that on a personal level. Certainly much more than a twice divorced man trying to make that an issue. I only mention this because the Repugnants haven't captured a majority of the female vote since 1988...6 elections. "Vulger-gate" just guaranteed number #7. You can't logistically win a Presidential race today by alienating both women and minorities. It means you lose.
    100% right.

The weirdness becomes weirder when you witness the Republicans cowering and supporting Trump, and then disowning him when his concussions become too much of a liability for the team. The Washington Post is dropping bombs late in the game and I suspect there is plenty more ordinance stashed and ready to go.

People offended by Trump aren't automatically flocking to Hillary though. Many people are turned off by her bigger and worse list of scandals. The number of people not voting or voting 3rd party will be up this year.

Repugnants haven't captured a majority of the female vote since 1988...6 elections. "Vulger-gate" just guaranteed number #7. You can't logistically win a Presidential race today by alienating both women and minorities. It means you lose.
    In 2012, Romney won married women by 7 points but Obama won unmarried women by 36 points. Perhaps those groups have different needs. Hillary's treatment of Bill's rape accusers should logically more than balance the corporate media's present diversion. Trump smashed Hillary in the last debate. Of course, the Christian right might be more offended by Trump's comments than Democrats are of Hillary dissing rape victims. I would prefer that Trump, or even the press, would focus on the rekindled cold war Hillary and Obama brought us. Administration and Russian officials are threatening acts of war against each other. This is more serious than Trump's comments and Hillary's treatment of Bill's rape victims. Hillary has even backed the draft registration of women if things get out of hand; something that parents of daughters should be thinking more about even more than what Trump said 11 years ago or what Bill and Hillary did 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    In 2012, Romney won married women by 7 points but Obama won unmarried women by 36 points. Perhaps those groups have different needs. Hillary's treatment of Bill's rape accusers should logically more than balance the corporate media's present diversion. Trump smashed Hillary in the last debate. Of course, the Christian right might be more offended by Trump's comments than Democrats are of Hillary dissing rape victims. I would prefer that Trump, or even the press, would focus on the rekindled cold war Hillary and Obama brought us. Administration and Russian officials are threatening acts of war against each other. This is more serious than Trump's comments and Hillary's treatment of Bill's rape victims. Hillary has even backed the draft registration of women if things get out of hand; something that parents of daughters should be thinking more about even more than what Trump said 11 years ago or what Bill and Hillary did 20 years ago.
    It would be much more logical to examine what happened the last two times GWB won the Presidency. He still lost the female vote, but he captured a larger percentage than most Republican candidates. He also captured a larger percentage of the Latino vote. That allowed him to win Florida...barely. Trump will have no such luck. As for comparing the two candidates, I'm surprised any American can get passed the birther movement and what it represented. As a Democrat, I would have voted for either of the last two Republican candidates if Donald was the Democratic nominee. Stupidity, blatant ignorance, and treason go beyond politics. His handling of his own tax issue demonstrates that. He should have released them in the primaries and took the hit. It would be a non-issue by now.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Speaking of diversions, how far can the case for DT go without mentioning HC? In order to not provide DT a free pass, why not prefer DT focus on what DT would do? We have not heard much of that from him or his supporters.

The continual handling of DT with kid gloves is not helpful to DT. It does little to elevate DT and generates complacency regarding what he would be held accountable for as POTUS.

We have yet to learn critical details about what, when, where, why and how DT would successfully accomplish anything were he elected. We already know that if elected DT would succeed in keeping HC out.

It would be much more logical to examine what happened the last two times GWB won the Presidency. He still lost the female vote, but he captured a larger percentage than most Republican candidates. He also captured a larger percentage of the Latino vote. That allowed him to win Florida...barely. Trump will have no such luck. As for comparing the two candidates, I'm surprised any American can get passed the birther movement and what it represented. As a Democrat, I would have voted for either of the last two Republican candidates if Donald was the Democratic nominee. Stupidity, blatant ignorance, and treason go beyond politics. His handling of his own tax issue demonstrates that. He should have released them in the primaries and took the hit. It would be a non-issue by now.
    I pointed out that married women voted for Bush in 2012 in response to your comment that "Repugnants [[cute) haven't captured a majority of the female vote since 1988...6 elections." My point was a parsing rather than a contradiction. Wasn't it Sidney Blumenthal who put forward the birther movement to help Hillary in 2008? Blatant ignorance is a desirable thing according to a 5/13/2016 email sent to Hillary by a DNC operative. "She doesn't want people knowing about her relationship on Wall Street. She wants to achieve consistency and the best way to do it is to keep people ignorant". Unless anyone wants to believe that the high percentage of contributors to the Clinton Foundation who received profitable rulings from the State Department was coincidence, those big donations by Saudis begin to look like treason especially since Hillary was aware of large donations by Saudis to Islamic terrorists also according to WikiLeaks.

I must have missed which laws Trump violated regarding his taxes. He used the same legal tax loopholes that the Clintons' used the last I heard, the ones Congress, including Democrats, wrote into law. I can understand the requests that Trump hand over his taxes before the election. Like with the birther movement, we are to 'believe' his paperwork is out of order. If he did release his taxes before the his audit was completed, the media could eat up a lot of time speculating how his taxes might come out; sort of like arguing about how a recipe will taste before it comes out of the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The Washington Post is dropping bombs late in the game and I suspect there is plenty more ordinance stashed and ready to go.
    The Washington Post has been in the tank for Hillary since Trump was nominated. That's why he was so critical of them. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they have lined up stories to release over the last couple of weeks of campaign, whenever they determine the most harm they can inflict.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Speaking of diversions, how far can the case for DT go without mentioning HC? In order to not provide DT a free pass, why not prefer DT focus on what DT would do? We have not heard much of that from him or his supporters.

The continual handling of DT with kid gloves is not helpful to DT. It does little to elevate DT and generates complacency regarding what he would be held accountable for as POTUS.

We have yet to learn critical details about what, when, where, why and how DT would successfully accomplish anything were he elected. We already know that if elected DT would succeed in keeping HC out.
    Trump may not be a good choice but Hillary is a known poison. Trump's willingness to promote detente with Russia is an easy choice compared with Hillary's neocon positions and history of rekindling the cold war. Why would anyone in their right mind want to vote for Hillary after her catastrophic policies in Ukraine, Libya, and Syria and her cheerleading support and vote for the Iraq war? Hillary's desire to overthrow Assad is not worth risking WWIII.

Trump has also been explicit in supporting the reigning in free trade treaties, enforcing border security, and naturalization law; all of which would help US workers whose wages have been in decline. Hillary, in contrast, supports the Soros agenda of open borders, groups fighting each other, cheap labor, and 1%er control. Trump wants to temporarily restrict Muslim immigration. Hillary wants the Syrian refugees her policies created to flood into the US even after what happened in Europe and incidents like 9/11 here.
    Last edited by oladub; October-12-16 at 10:00 AM.

Not my favorite news source, but it supports my suspicions that NBC purposely held onto this story and timed the release trying to sway the election.

"NBC execs had a plan to time the release of the Donald Trump audio to have maximum impact on both the 2nd presidential debate and the general election ... sources connected with the network tell TMZ. Multiple sources connected with NBC tell us ... top network execs knew about the video long before they publicly said they did, but wanted to hold it because it was too early in the election. The sources say many NBC execs have open disdain for Trump and their plan was to roll out the tape 48 hours before the debate so it would dominate the news cycle leading up to the face-off."

http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/12/nbc-tr...ection-debate/

A great end around ala Fox News, the no spin zone.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    The Washington Post has been in the tank for Hillary since Trump was nominated. That's why he was so critical of them. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they have lined up stories to release over the last couple of weeks of campaign, whenever they determine the most harm they can inflict.
    Every bit of small "l" liberal media is s scrambling to take Mr T down. The New Yorker has published op-ed and other pieces on him weekly from the very start. Nobody in their right or left mind can vote for this guy and not feel cheated down the line. He stands for everything he says he is against. He is the reincarnation of a Mussolini, at best a Berlusconi.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast