Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Countdown to the election

So. The election is getting near, and to my dismay and many others, there are people supporting the two main parties candidates. I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I'd vote him in for a third term instead of having either Clinton or Trump in there. They are both psychotic fools.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    So. The election is getting near, and to my dismay and many others, there are people supporting the two main parties candidates. I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I'd vote him in for a third term instead of having either Clinton or Trump in there. They are both psychotic fools.
    Agreed and I'd give him a 3rd term before the other 2 as well.

I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who refuses to show his or her income tax records.
    Last edited by Bobl; September-26-16 at 10:18 PM.

God help us all.

Watched the "debate". He was doing well the first 15 minutes, then lost control. I have seen coke heads who talked too fast, interrupted, drank glasses of water, and repeatedly sniffled like that. Did not expect that behavior at a televised debate.
    Last edited by Bobl; September-27-16 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Watched the "debate". He was doing well the first 15 minutes, then lost control. I have seen coke heads who talked too fast, interrupted, drank glassed of water, and repeatedly sniffled like that. Did not expect that behavior at a televised debate.
    Did she pass out or buy anymore votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Did she pass out or buy anymore votes?
    She did not pass out. Mr. Trump leaned on the podium, nervously taking drinks of water every ten minutes. One survey indicated she gained some independent votes. It will take five days to a week for polls to confirm or reject this.

She did not pass out. Mr. Trump leaned on the podium, nervously taking drinks of water every ten minutes. One survey indicated she gained some independent votes. It will take five days to a week for polls to confirm or reject this.
    Did she make any specific group any offers? Like $30 billion to brace up the coal industry, if elected?

I watched for 15-20 minutes, which was all I can tolerate. I'd be surprised if 3rd party candidates don't pick up votes after that pathetic performance by each one. As one person stated in a news report this a.m., what a colossal waste of 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Agreed and I'd give him a 3rd term before the other 2 as well.
    Covering for Hillary's crimes and more endless drone wars? No thanks. He wore out his welcome with me.

I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who refuses to show his or her income tax records.
    I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who lies about how many devices she uses.

I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who lies about how many devices she uses.
    Lotsalaffta.

Watching "House of Cards" every night for weeks on Netflix, immersed in a world of political Intrigue that does not seem so far fetched when I compare the goings on of the actual Presidential campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Watching "House of Cards" every night for weeks on Netflix, immersed in a world of political Intrigue that does not seem so far fetched when I compare the goings on of the actual Presidential campaign.
    If you haven't already done so and you run out of House of Cards episodes, try 'Borgen' also available on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/04/271525...ut-even-better

sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKJ3H99dLQ

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    If you haven't already done so and you run out of House of Cards episodes, try 'Borgen' also available on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/04/271525...ut-even-better

sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKJ3H99dLQ
    Many thanks! I shall indulge. Only thing missing is the constant barrage of commercials. It's hard to get used to.

I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending. But even for those in the Clinton camp, there have to be reservations. Note the overwhelming number of Clinton lawn signs /bumper stickers compared to 'Obama 08' campaign... uh like not as much. Clinton is only barely considered against the idea of Trump in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending. But even for those in the Clinton camp, there have to be reservations. Note the overwhelming number of Clinton lawn signs /bumper stickers compared to 'Obama 08' campaign... uh like not as much. Clinton is only barely considered against the idea of Trump in office.
    That's because there's a limited number of camp grounds..... But seriously folks, NPR does in depth interviews with the younger generation about the upcoming election. Even today's young ladies have strong reservations about voting for Mrs. Clinton. I think the only thing saving her is that Trump is such an ass.

Hah-precisely! From the the very pandering to, and failure to fully grasp the feminist vote [[and women in general) Ms. Clinton suffers! Many women can read another woman's BS and conceit from a mile away......!

...Even today's young ladies have strong reservations about voting for Mrs. Clinton...

Hah-precisely! From the the very pandering to, and failure to fully grasp the feminist vote [[and women in general) Ms. Clinton suffers! Many women can read another woman's BS and conceit from a mile away......!
    Really, you guys can DO that?

I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending.
    I love it. I sat back with a big tub of popcorn and watched the debate. It was awesome.

Yes, I have the same fears most people have about the direction of the country. However, people in general are so grossly incapable of facing the problems we have in this world that I've resigned myself to the fact that we are going to get hosed no matter what.

It is funny though to see people do something then accuse someone else of doing the EXACT same thing. Hillary's camp says Trump is a liar. Trump's camp says no, Hillary is a liar. Neither side cognizant of the fact that THEY BOTH LIE. One side thinks their candidate is wholesome, the other side thinks, no it's their candidate that's wholesome.

It is entertaining. It's like watching kids fight. However, as I get older I'm thinking children don't fight out of immaturity, maybe it's just human nature. As people get older they fight just as much, they just use different weapons. Ah, the beauty of human nature.

I can't wait for the veep debate and the next two debates. The endless spinning that both sides do is dizzying. They really seem to believe their nonsense.

Whoever wins is going to be a sitting duck in 2020. Especially if it's Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Seems HC is the closest available choice.

Hillary is closer to Obama having shaped his disastrous policies in Libya, Ukraine, Syria, and Egypt and having restarted the cold war with Russia. Trump, instead, seems to favor detente and expresses an interest in getting along with Putin. While Trump disagrees with Angela Merkel's refugee settlement program Hillary adores it. “One of my favorites is Angela Merkel because I think she’s been an extraordinary, strong leader during difficult times in Europe, which has obvious implications for the rest of the world and, most particularly, our country."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4LhNv5HfW

You better know it!

Really, you guys can DO that?

For certain Trump effectively wicks away a great deal of focus re. the negative aspects Ms. Clinton with his presence, and cadre of deplorables to boot!

I think the only thing saving her is that Trump is such an ass.

Yet, the facts she cited based on comments he made about women were documented as true.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-and-fat-pigs/ [[not that I should care what he has to say about Rosie, but the other incidents are really flipped out bad)andhttp://correctrecord.org/fact-check-...fferent-story/ and http://www.npr.org/2016/09/30/496050...rse-contestant.

Trump had a way all throughout of interrupting folks [[especially when someone brought up contradicting solid evidence that went exactly against something he just said-he would interrupt them in the first sentence.-Poor diplomacy there. Poor temperament to say the least.) , making gross superlative usage of words [[words like "only", "absolutely", "most", "least", or anything ending in "-est"), then makes a blanket statement with no facts to support it. This is a man who never feels he needs to apologize for anything. I learned in life never to trust anyone who cannot admit when they are wrong.

The press said he was a trainwreck after 15 minutes [[which if it keeps up, will be a term re-dubbed "Trumpwreck"). Oh, but yeah, that is the "liberal media"-the one that caught Joel Olsteen's wife acting up and being racist on a plane with an airline steward and talked about it for a week, blacked it out for a year, and then resumed it with a complete spin about the steward "being difficult" [[something not lost on me or anyone else paying attention like Barbara Enrenreich in "This Land Is Their Land")-buuut, by comparison, the same media that catches Alec Baldwin acting like a nervy pr*ck about a phone on a plane and they run with it for two months straight. Yeah, not very "liberal". Maybe from a decadent, hedonist Sundance or wealthy, crapulent-wallowing Milo Yiannopoulos socially permissive perspective, but far from politically liberal.

By the way, I'm terribly shocked at how I've seen four Clinton signs just in my area of Dearborn [[where I would've seen an overload of McCain or Romney signs in times past) versus just one for Trump [[not counting the guy with the provocative "execute all Democrats" sandwich boards on his front lawn at Outer Dr. and Alice-don't bother Google-mapping-for someone who like attention, he has had his house fuzzed out.). Maybe politics is shifted to the right. Some famous Republicans are even opposed to Trump.http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-sheet/481449/

What's funny is it isn't even a case of "the devil you know vs.....". We both know how messed up they are [[folks on Reddit are getting goofy over an old Mad Magazine parody that depicted both of them as Pokemon). I can't make too many excuses for Hiliary, but Trump, to me isn't even an option. [[yet, folks online will accuse something popular like Reddit-I mention again-as being "too liberal", where an out-of-touch Time article from August http://time.com/4457110/internet-trolls/paints Reddit out to be a "Neocon" hive for trolls. All I can say is: get on Reddit. Look up "Trump"-see the sub-Reddits dedicated to Trump. Look up "Sanders"-look at the sub-Reddits dedicated to Bernie. Look up Hiliary-no sub-Reddits for Hiliary.)

Disgruntled Bernie supporters got to get over themselves and realize what is at stake. He himself, would urge you to take Clinton over Trump by his own words in this video .
    All I can say is the 90's were great to me. I had better luck with jobs. With Bush, it was perpetual paralyzing nightmare. With Obama, a slight improvement.
    Last edited by G-DDT; September-30-16 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast