Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Scam Central: Elizabeth Warren Tells Wells Fargo CEO to Resign and Get It Over With

we really do live in a messed up system...

“Greed is a fat demon with a small mouth and whatever you feed it is never enough.”
    Janwillem van de Wetering

Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf was on the hot seat Tuesday when he faced Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren and other angry lawmakers at a Senate Banking Committee hearing designed to investigate the bank’s widespread rip-off of its customers.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/eliz...rgo-ceo-resign

"After the scandal was exposed by grassroots advocates, the media, and government regulators, the bank fired at least 5,300 employees and refunded millions of dollars to customers. But bank reform activists are skeptical that so many employees could have acted on their own without the knowledge of higher-up bank executives."

Right, the employees all tex' each other "You know what we ought to do?"

Political dog and pony show. Execs will keep their bloated salaries and bonuses and business as usual will continue. Washington is owned by Wall Street and the banks. Taxpayers get stuck with the bill. Nothing changes.

He pocketed 200 million and the Fall-girl supervisor " retired" with a 90 million paycheck.

Who ever said crime does not pay needs to be a bit more specific on who that applies to.

Which is the greater crime: to rob a bank or to own one?
    [[with apologies to Bertolt Brecht)

It's a sad joke. If I had any money in W-F, I'd of immediately gone to the nearest branch and pulled it out. Permanently. Wish W-F customers would all do that, but most are lemmings.

Wife's company just switched to Wells Fargo to handle pension check distribution. Wonder how long before it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    It's a sad joke. If I had any money in W-F, I'd of immediately gone to the nearest branch and pulled it out. Permanently. Wish W-F customers would all do that, but most are lemmings.
    +5, Ray...

Trying to close out an account for my father at Wells Fargo, I was insulted by one WF banker, given the address of a WF office in San Francisco that would handle my problem but didn't exist by another banker, and hired an attorney whose letters were totally ignored by WF. WF told me that to claim the money, I would have to go through the court system of another state. When Wachovia was taken over by WF, WF chose to ignore the terms of the original Wachovia saving account contract. NEVER hand over any money to Wells Fargo. They will treat it like WF property. I eventually prevailed based on my own research and the existence of the WF's Exceptions Department that either no WF employee knew existed or chose not to mention.
    Last edited by oladub; September-24-16 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Trying to close out an account for my father at Wells Fargo, I was insulted by one WF banker, given the address of a WF office in San Francisco that would handle my problem but didn't exist by another banker, and hired an attorney whose letters were totally ignored by WF. WF told me that to claim the money, I would have to go through the court system of another state. When Wachovia was taken over by WF, WF chose to ignore the terms of the original Wachovia saving account contract. NEVER hand over any money to Wells Fargo. They will treat it like WF property. I eventually prevailed based on my own research and the existence of the WF's Exceptions Department that either no WF employee knew existed or chose not to mention.
    After the whole Wall Street melt down of 2009, why would anybody trust a bank? I already went through the wholesale mergers of Detroit banks in the 80-90's and will never go back.
    I'm more than happy with Credit Unions, thank you. Goldman Sachs screwed me out of more than one job during that time, and they have no conscience. They just want to win the Monopoly game at ALL cost.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-02-16 at 12:21 AM.

Rob a neighborhood bank branch, get years in prison. Come up with a scheme to rob hundreds of thousands or more customers, get hundreds of million dollars. The American scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    After the whole Wall Street melt down of 2009, why would anybody trust a bank? I already went through the wholesale mergers of Detroit banks in the 80-90's and will never go back.
    I'm more than happy with Credit Unions, thank you. Goldman Sachs screwed me out of more than one job during that time, and they have no conscience. They just want to win the Monopoly game at ALL cost.
    Don't forget the lawsuit started by banks to shut down or limit credit union membership a few years back. I agree with you, couldn't be happier with my CU.