Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New or revitalized parks in Detroit

Recently, there has been favorable news about parks in Detroit.
    *A new park is being created at the south end of the attractive new West Fort Street bridge at the intersection of West Fort and Denmark. It will commemorate the March, 1932 Ford Hunger March that led Ford's security force to shoot and kill five marchers and injure about four dozen others. I hope the historical marker that was on the former bridge will be displayed in the new park.
    *A modest park or playground at the corner of Trojan and Forrer in northwest Detroit has been name in honor of one of the city's civil
    right's champions, Viola Loizzo. Apparently the city may spend upwards of one million dollars for this park. I hope an historical marker and informative sign will be erected.
    *Finally, polluted materials are finally being removed from Riverside Park at the foot of West Grand and the adjoining Detroit News warehouse is being razed. I believe the Moroun family is supporting this park endeavor as a quid pro quo for obtaining land from the city from the new bridge they may plan to construct.
    *Does anyone know if Brightmoor's Eliza Howell Park along the River
    Rouge is open or still closed? Thank you.

Vernor/Livernois

Come across this a few times on my work travels.

Appears a the small park at the SW corner is being expanded to about 3-5 times it's original size.

Puritan/Cherrylawn - Been refreshed over the last year or so.

Live on the other side of Wyoming so I've been noticing the work being done every so often.