Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Dally 2016

Default Dally 2016

I have not seen the music schedule. Any suggestions for interesting scheduled acts? I have only missed a few. In the past, it was like a neighborhood reunion for us, but old Cass Corridor-Wayne State friends have dwindled to a few. Getting old, but still standing!

The music lineup is here. Not sure why it's not on their main webpage.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/commun...-for-39th-year

Thanks, belleislerunner. Doesn't make sense that it is not on their page. Perhaps they want to reduce the turnout? Pretty crowded the past few years. We like to see new [[to us) bands, though.

Reading between the lines from this article, it looks like the crowds swelled too much last year for the festival to handle, coupled with rowdy behavior, so they're making changes [[i.e. eliminating one of the EDM stages) and not issuing press releases - so hence the reason the music probably isn't listed. They're afraid of it becoming a victim of it's own success. Or it turning into another corporate subsidized Arts/Beats/Eats. I always find it odd since it's the same Detroit tshirts, shea butter and hippie clothes at each stand. It could use some diversity in mechandise.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...-say/89979338/

Yes. There is another "alley" festival near Jolly Pumpkin, same day. Ten dollar entry fee in advance, fifteen at the gate. The old Positively Fourth Street Fairs were small, intimate affairs with little or no advertising. Missed by many. I hope the Dally can continue in the future, maybe scaled back a bit. I think beer sales are a two edged sword: Provides funds for NCCU, but contributes to rowdyism...and beer spilled on shoes!
    Last edited by Bobl; September-08-16 at 06:09 PM.

I have been told by two individuals to catch the ERERs at Forest Stage. Rock n roll...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The old Positively Fourth Street Fairs were small, intimate affairs with little or no advertising. Missed by many. I hope the Dally can continue in the future, maybe scaled back a bit. I think beer sales are a two edged sword: Provides funds for NCCU, but contributes to rowdyism...and beer spilled on shoes!
    Fourth Street was the best ever. Intimate and eccentric. I miss it a lot. Not to be a grumbly old-timer but I liked the old Dally when it was just in the alley. I'll be there in the PM and out of there when it starts to fill and go crazy. Great event nonetheless.

Lowell, I think I have the "grumbly old timer" role filled on this forum!