Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FP: Detroit Parents Want Convicted Principal Back

smh

When are we, as Detroiters, going to demand better?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...hero/89580850/

Every single one of those crooks that took bribes and money from school children should be jailed for a significant amount of time. Until Detroiters [[who never seem to learn) change their attitudes towards these crooks and quit re-electing corrupt politicians things will never change for them. Weed out the people who are raping and pillaging Detroit taxpayers instead of continuing the idiotic tradition of rewarding criminal behavior.

Instead of the justification this SHOULD be a teaching event at the school that while he did good things for the school at a point once you go corrupt it's over!

You can't be a hero!!

There must be a consequence and kids need to know that early on! When they don't, well....
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-30-16 at 07:51 PM.

why do certain women go back to their cheating husbands?
    For some, as long as they feel their basic needs are taken care of, it's not a long stretch to forgive and "look past it".
    Add that to the "macro" issues of state-led management over the years that has led to this point.. ongoing, in fact..
    The racial politics are top of mind for a lot of folks.. rhetorically, a lot of folks will assert, "white folks get away with XYZ in the suburbs, but black folks always have to go to jail.." .. thus there's a certain racial tit-for-tat insistence that leniency be the prevailing directive..

OK! My response is so is if this is TRUE, then we really should NOT do the crime! Duh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    rhetorically, a lot of folks will assert, "white folks get away with XYZ in the suburbs, but black folks always have to go to jail..."
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-31-16 at 04:14 AM.

The racial politics are top of mind for a lot of folks.. rhetorically, a lot of folks will assert, "white folks get away with XYZ in the suburbs, but black folks always have to go to jail.." .. thus there's a certain racial tit-for-tat insistence that leniency be the prevailing directive..
    Ask Norman Shy if white guys get away with it. Don't try to interject race in this issue. The same people that want to send Ronald Alexander to jail, also want Shy in prison too.

"He should be held responsible for placing our loving principals in this mess." Wow. What an insult to the intelligence of Alexander and the other principals that this big bad white man forced them to be crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGeds View Post
    Ask Norman Shy if white guys get away with it. Don't try to interject race in this issue. The same people that want to send Ronald Alexander to jail, also want Shy in prison too.
    It isn't necessary to 'interject race'. Its easily found.

Is it bad to seek racial causes? If so, BLM is really, really bad.

Let's remember that these "dozens" of of people do not represent DPS parents, Detroit residents, or black people as a whole.

Just as I don't want white nationalists at a Trump rally [[where they show up by the thousands) to represent me.

In addition, the perpetrators of wrong-doing often count on playing the race card in defense of their criminal actions, as well as the subsequent defense from apologists.

Unfortunately, part of this equation is also the result of many people also having a direct/indirection connection to the criminal element as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Let's remember that these "dozens" of of people do not represent DPS parents, Detroit residents, or black people as a whole.

Just as I don't want white nationalists at a Trump rally [[where they show up by the thousands) to represent me.
    Really important point. The media loves radicals, but in reality radicals are usually a minority [[no pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by BankruptcyGuy View Post
    The pathetic situation in the district requires innovation by adminstrators, its the fault of the State for not funding the district, not the people who are struggling to survive. [[I love the word 'struggling'. Makes me happy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

Is it bad to seek racial causes? If so, BLM is really, really bad.
    No, it's not bad to seek racial causes. It is bad to make them up out of thin air. This has nothing to do with race. It's about a guy that accepted bribes in order to falsify documents so that the briber could steal millions of dollars from the DPS.

I want to know who/what is the "Spain School Parental Association" is. In all of the stories I have seen on this subject [[TV and internet), the reporter interviews one woman who claims to be the president of this association. One of the news channels showed the letter that was sent to the judge, and the "Spain School Parental Association" letterhead looks like it was printed on the sheet with a really cheap printer [[that needed the color cartridges replaced, BTW!). Do we know that there actual is such a group and that this woman is the president, or could this just be one woman who decides to write a letter and finds [[a very creative) way to legitimize it?

^^^ Compelling points! ALL!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-01-16 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    The pathetic situation in the district requires innovation by adminstrators, its the fault of the State for not funding the district, not the people who are struggling to survive. [[I love the word 'struggling'. Makes me happy.)
    Is this tongue in cheek?

I see this as absolutely not. That's where I stand.

But then you consider the totality of the situation and can understand the other perspective. This man may of been a great principle who had a bad element that led to 20K stolen. It isn't a lot of money. We all have our flaws and bad side. On the whole is Alexander good for the school?
    I wouldn't tolerate it. But I can understand the other perspective.

One of the news channels showed the letter that was sent to the judge, and the "Spain School Parental Association" letterhead looks like it was printed on the sheet with a really cheap printer [[that needed the color cartridges replaced, BTW!).
    Maybe if Mr. Alexander hadn't chosen to pilfer school supply money instead of actually buying school supplies with it, that letter would've looked more legitimate.

Is this tongue in cheek?

No, it's Wesley....

Is this tongue in cheek?
    So far in cheeck that I couldn't talk for a day.

But waking up today, I realized that my reactions here were emotional, not logical.

Once these criminals, yes even felons, have done their time, they can and should be able to work in education. Why not? They really did come from a culture of corruption. And if they are good educators, and have paid their debt to society fully.

We want to allow felons to vote. Why shouldn't they work.

And that's not 'tongue in cheek'.

No, it's not bad to seek racial causes. It is bad to make them up out of thin air. This has nothing to do with race. It's about a guy that accepted bribes in order to falsify documents so that the briber could steal millions of dollars from the DPS.
    Amen to that, a crook is a crook, regardless of color. Any attempt to qualify or excuse his actions on the basis of race is inherently racist.

As I said in my post about Trump's visit, it's not a matter of race, but responsibility. Until Detroiters develop a color-blind attitude and insist that any malpractice on the city's dime be eliminated regardless of the race of the perp, Detroit's malaise will continue. And people wonder why Detroit is the way it is: this case is Exhibit A.

Stop looking for a scapegoat! Man up; Woman up and take responsibility for your actions. And BTW what does this whole affair say to our kids? It doesn't matter if the crook is black or white, the green is just as gone.

why do certain women go back to their cheating husbands?
    For some, as long as they feel their basic needs are taken care of, it's not a long stretch to forgive and "look past it".
    Add that to the "macro" issues of state-led management over the years that has led to this point.. ongoing, in fact..
    When infidelity has occurred, it is strictly up to those cheated as to whether they want to continue with the person or not. It's like someone who responsibly gives a baby up for adoption rather than have an abortion. It's very personal and they should not be judged as "silly", "flippant", or "touchy" either way. All the more power to one who does stand by their loved one and forgive them [[which always brings the hint of suspicion that they always had something "open" going on all along that the public didn't suspect until then). It's when a string of abuses start occurring from a partner, that I could totally see a greater pressing need to leave that person who obviously does not love the other as deep as professed or is just not handling their hardships and issues well [[thus negating the "better or for worse" contractual vow).

With the issue of a minister, teacher, or person of authority, it's not as personal. Their actions affect a far greater community in a harsh ripple. Proportional to the crime at hand [[ie. comparing a victimless boffo VS. say a pervasive corruption scenario) should the scrutiny and judgement be as equal. It's not a judgement of them, it is a judgement of their effectiveness for the role they swore to uphold. Maybe they would be better off flipping real estate or selling mobile phones at a kiosk.

The fact the community does vouch for them is proof that the masses [[the same kind who bought into Y2K, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and spited on Michael Jackson's pedophilia antics only to weep and praise him when he died-or even those that tend to lynch and riot and panic again and again-like as in the resplendent Mass hysteria mentality of Massachusetts) are not always right.

This action of the community to dull-wittedly defend him reminds me of when the initial scrutinies of the Grosse Pointe hockey coach, Bob Bopp, started in 2001. He was taking nude photographs of young men, yet, when the investigation started, many influential persons in Grosse Pointe put the kabash on it, because he was "such a successfully good
    hockey coach". It only got worse until 2009, a year after being inducted into the Michigan High school Hockey Coach's Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    This action of the community
    I still HIGHLY doubt that these folks represent the thoughts of the majority of the "community" however you may define that, whether it be DPS parents, Detroit residents, or black people.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I still HIGHLY doubt that these folks represent the thoughts of the majority of the "community" however you may define that, whether it be DPS parents, Detroit residents, or black people.
    One of the most enjoyable things about DY is that is forces pulling thoughts together, and expressing them in writing. I don't know how to express my thoughts on your comment. So it'll be a rough ride here.

IMO, its quite a presumption for you to say you know the 'thought of the community'. A community's thought is expressed by its actions. Other than actions, anything you say about this or that community is just in your mind. Just your opinion of the opinion of others.

What the community does, for whom they vote, who they put on the school board, is their collective thought. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Its the presumption that you [[or me, or anyone else) 'knows' what the 'community' is thinking.

Having lived through the great Coleman Young's time representing his community, there's no doubt that race matters. BLM tells us that race still matters. So does every person who tells others that they are 'racist' if not in deed, but by the collective actions of their community via microaggressions or other unintentional acts.

He may be a son-of-a-bitch, but he's OUR son-of-a-bitch. Not invented by the black community of Detroit, but IMO believed and practiced.

When a politician says 'I'll fight for our community', I'd rather you fought for quality of government services and left divisive politics behind.

There's no doubt that the Detroit 'community' has predominantly supported
    Attitude over Substance. With CAY, we got both. With KK, mostly attitude/ego. Archer and Duggan, substance. Of course nobody's perfect [[to quote Izzie Diamond, I think), but let me make one concluding point.

Nobody, not even 48307, knows what a community thinks -- but we all know what they have done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast