Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rochester Goes Dark - 8/21/2016

At 3:45pm today most of Rochester has gone dark [[refering to Rochester city proper, not Rochester Hills). Most businesses along Main Street closed early. The traffic lights on Main Street [[aka Rochester Road, aka M-150) are being operated by generator.

Previously a resolution estimate of 11pm was given, but that since has been changed to "not available".

Multiple DTE Energy rigs could be seen in the ITC corridor that is east of Rochester Road and halfway between Avon and Hamlin.

As of this posting, most of Rochester remains in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    At 3:45pm today most of Rochester has gone dark [[refering to Rochester city proper, not Rochester Hills). Most businesses along Main Street closed early. The traffic lights on Main Street [[aka Rochester Road, aka M-150) are being operated by generator.

Previously a resolution estimate of 11pm was given, but that since has been changed to "not available".

Multiple DTE Energy rigs could be seen in the ITC corridor that is east of Rochester Road and halfway between Avon and Hamlin.

As of this posting, most of Rochester remains in the dark.

Time for the shopkeepers to break out their AR's and ascend to the rooftops! Won't take long before all those Adams High hoodlums are going to be ransacking Main Street in search of Pokeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Time for the shopkeepers to break out their AR's and ascend to the rooftops! Won't take long before all those Adams High hoodlums are going to be ransacking Main Street in search of Pokeman.
    I was at the library around 6:00pm and only saw two PokePeople. They were of course taking up the entire sidewalk with zero awareness of their surroundings and bikes had to chime at them to get them to make a path.

Power is still out. There was an apartment fire within the dark part of Rochester, I would speculate that it was related activities that people do when there is no power [[candles, generator, who knows).

I've been back in Rottenchester only 3 1/2 years and had only a few brownouts.

Compare that with the 500 + times I had outatages in Oakland Twp. up to seven days , seven times a day. Always a suisidle squirrlel .

So far, happy, but always a back up plan.

Rochester is back up and running again. I'm not quite sure exactly when the power came back, but it was overnight.

I'll see if I can find any details. It was very odd for nearly all the city to go without power with no storm event. It was a little windy, but nothing too bad.

My apologies if this topic may not be of interest to those outside of the Rochester area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I've been back in Rochester only 3 1/2 years and had only a few brownouts.

Compare that with the 500 + times I had outages in Oakland Twp. up to seven days , seven times a day. Always a suicidal squirrel.
    May not always be a squirrel....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=213-p5zkA2s

DTE has identified the now resolved issue as a "substation" issue.

WDIV has a different reason, underground cable failure: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...ce=twitterfeed
    Last edited by Scottathew; August-22-16 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Rochester is back up and running again. I'm not quite sure exactly when the power came back, but it was overnight.

I'll see if I can find any details. It was very odd for nearly all the city to go without power with no storm event. It was a little windy, but nothing too bad.

My apologies if this topic may not be of interest to those outside of the Rochester area.
    On the news last night they said it was the failure of an underground service line.

May not always be a squirrel....
    I've WATCHED transformers blow up in front of me. All DTE. Mostly good though.