Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Remember the Palace Restaurants in the 60's and 70's?

We had one just south of Schoolcraft on Greenfield. Them and the Clock Restaurants sprang up like weeds for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    We had one just south of Schoolcraft on Greenfield. Them and the Clock Restaurants sprang up like weeds for a while.
    I don't remember the Palace [[although it rings a bell) but I do remember spending tons of time as a child, especially in the summer when I'd be dragged along with mom and grandma all day. They'd love to chill in Clock and sip coffee for hours while I'd play the jukebox or the arcade machines when they got them [[the one in Warrendale definitely had a Centipede cabaret cabinet that I played the heck out of). I don't remember much about the food but my mom always complained about their coffee mugs.

Also, many had a pretty long lives after Clock as independent family restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Enduro View Post
    Also, many had a pretty long lives after Clock as independent family restaurants.
    Just by looking at restaurants in the area, I can tell which ones used to be Clocks. For example, I'm sure the Beverly Hills Grille on Southfield Road, which is pretty upscale, started life as a Clock.

Palace in background.

Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Just by looking at restaurants in the area, I can tell which ones used to be Clocks. For example, I'm sure the Beverly Hills Grille on Southfield Road, which is pretty upscale, started life as a Clock.
    Attached Images Attached Images