Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default An alternative to deadly force: Courage

I am linking to a story that undoubtedly is getting attention for the associated picture. That, at least in part for its 'sensational' value.

The story in question is one of an off-duty, female, Swedish police officer, who performed an arrest [[w/tackling and restraint) on a homeless thief [[young, able-bodied).

The key element here, the female officer was wearing only a bikini, and was un-armed and could not call for back-up.

Remove the sensationalism of the bikini-clad officer and wonder for a moment. A police officer, un-armed, w/o back-up, tackled a man who she couldn't be sure wasn't armed, and restrained him w/o cuffs.

It struck me that that was a profile in courageous policing; and the kind that gives the broader public confidence in their officers. Something we don't see enough of in North America.

Not only was she gutsy, w/o needing a military style level of armament [[to say the least), she also didn't seriously injure the fellow, which given the rest of what she did, one suspects would have been possible had she wished it.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...akedown-arrest

^^^ Looks she's holding him down with a specific restraint style, from training. Using in part a strategic method to acquire and hold him in position, withstanding his advantage of strength otherwise, all done non lethal. Good job officer!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-31-16 at 10:07 AM.

Not to mention she's HOT! [[well she is....)

She wasn't armed, but as my dad would say when he was in the army: "she is built like a brick shithouse".

I've never had the good fortune to be suddenly physically overpowered by a bikini clad strange woman. She wouldn't need to call for a back-up as I would only be too happy to make the call, and hope she got there before I was overpowered.

So being a mere man I asked my wife if she would like to take me through the episode sometime, [[it was the best I could come up with), but all I got was the number of a back-up while she went back to shopping on JTV.

There's just no romance in women today unless they have control of the Clicker. [[Maybe I should try hiding the Clicker)

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I've never had the good fortune to be suddenly physically overpowered by a bikini clad strange woman. She wouldn't need to call for a back-up as I would only be too happy to make the call, and hope she got there before I was overpowered.

So being a mere man I asked my wife if she would like to take me through the episode sometime, [[it was the best I could come up with), but all I got was the number of a back-up while she went back to shopping on JTV.

There's just no romance in women today unless they have control of the Clicker. [[Maybe I should try hiding the Clicker)
    Sounds like you haven't used your Clicker in a while now......

Wonder how long she would last in Detroit.