Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any word on more retail for downtown Detroit ?

Are than any news on more retail set to open in Downtown Detroit ? Nike is a huge success for the area. I would love to see a Rockport and Under Armour store to open on Merchants Row. Is Restoration Hardware still eyeing buildings for its downtown location ?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Are than any news on more retail set to open in Downtown Detroit ? Nike is a huge success for the area. I would love to see a Rockport and Under Armour store to open on Merchants Row. Is Restoration Hardware still eyeing buildings for its downtown location ?
    Restoration Hardware had their first quarterly loss in years this year. Probably waiting for July earnings to see if they should be spending more to expand. They are pretty much dependent on the "luxury retail" market which is very discretionary.

They went public in late 2012 at $30 a share and reached a high of $106 a share in late 2015. They have dropped back down to $30 a share again [[once dipping as low as $24 a share in June 2016).

Methinks that they are not ready at this time to risk a downtown store in Detroit.
    Last edited by Hermod; July-25-16 at 03:43 PM.

Last I heard, Restoration Hardware had officially backed out of a downtown store.

As far as other retail, nothing else that's official has been announced yet, but of course there's plenty of speculation as far as potential retailers [[such as the Target at Mack & Woodward).
    Last edited by 313WX; July-26-16 at 03:40 AM.

Detroit Is The New Black is a new retail store that just opened on Woodward. They are a mid to higher end retail shop and their slogan is pretty neat too. The store opened about a week ago! Next to the Jazz convenience store

Check them and their clothes out :

www.detroitisthenewblack.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Restoration Hardware had their first quarterly loss in years this year. Probably waiting for July earnings to see if they should be spending more to expand. They are pretty much dependent on the "luxury retail" market which is very discretionary.

They went public in late 2012 at $30 a share and reached a high of $106 a share in late 2015. They have dropped back down to $30 a share again [[once dipping as low as $24 a share in June 2016).

Methinks that they are not ready at this time to risk a downtown store in Detroit.
    I thought that Art Van were considering expanding to the downtown market

Jazz Convenient Store on Woodward Ave is a now a place for loiters. It needs to be controlled.

A Red Wing Shoe store would be a good addition. Construction people love their boots and hipsters would be cool with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Ok.. Clearly there is someone affiliated with Gilbert on this forum. That job posting has already been pulled down.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Ok.. Clearly there is someone affiliated with Gilbert on this forum. That job posting has already been pulled down.
    HOLY SHIT. I'm actually really creeped out right now.

There was indeed a posting for a Lead Guide at their "new" Detroit store. I wouldn't have posted it if there's wasn't...

HOLY SHIT. I'm actually really creeped out right now.

There was indeed a posting for a Lead Guide at their "new" Detroit store. I wouldn't have posted it if there's wasn't...
    Why would you be creeped out? Given his investments in the city, Gilbert must have people monitoring sites like this as a full time job, I would assume. He'd certainly be interested in what was being discussed.

The posting was indeed there earlier; I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Why would you be creeped out? Given his investments in the city, Gilbert must have people monitoring sites like this as a full time job, I would assume. He'd certainly be interested in what was being discussed.

The posting was indeed there earlier; I saw it.
    1) That he has people monitoring these sites and 2) That there would be a need to take down the job posting. Why would it matter? It's out in the public, did he think people might not notice?

1) That he has people monitoring these sites and 2) That there would be a need to take down the job posting. Why would it matter? It's out in the public, did he think people might not notice?
    Gilbert wants to know who you are, what you're thinking, and where you shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Gilbert wants to know who you are, what you're thinking, and where you shop.
    Ahahahahahaha!! Right?! I wouldn't mind shopping at Bonobos, but I guess not!

Interesting enough, the sales associate and lead guide positions were also taken down. So three job postings [[store manager, sales associate and lead guide) have been taken down within the last day. Add that to Detroit being the backdrop in the recent catalog and you have a pretty compelling story.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Interesting enough, the sales associate and lead guide positions were also taken down. So three job postings [[store manager, sales associate and lead guide) have been taken down within the last day. Add that to Detroit being the backdrop in the recent catalog and you have a pretty compelling story.
    Wow.. I really believe they felt the news got leaked and decided to leak it themselves today.. Good work dtown!

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/88521614/

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Wow.. I really believe they felt the news got leaked and decided to leak it themselves today.. Good work dtown!

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/88521614/
    WOW. LOL Look at me!

You're welcome, Free Press!

But if you're in the early stages of a store, why are you posting jobs for a Detroit store?
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; August-10-16 at 02:53 PM.

WOW. LOL Look at me!

You're welcome, Free Press!

But if you're in the early stages of a store, why are you posting jobs for a Detroit store?
    If you're preppy you probably shop at the Brooks Bros Factory Store in Grosse Pointe but if you're preppy and like setting money on fire then you might want to shop here.

For those that don't know the city post its building permits online. Noticed today that one was issued a few days at 1449 Woodward to Warby Parker in New York City for build out of a 1st floor tenant space. I had google them since I had never heard of the them. But they're a mostly online eyeglass retailer apparently popular with the hipster set and they've been opening real stores. So this would put them in the small retail space next to Kit and Ace.

https://data.detroitmi.gov/Property-...no_mobile=true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warby_Parker

http://www.wsj.com/articles/warby-pa...egy-1416251866
    Last edited by MSUguy; August-22-16 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTime View Post
    If you're preppy you probably shop at the Brooks Bros Factory Store in Grosse Pointe but if you're preppy and like setting money on fire then you might want to shop here.
    Both are a little out of my price range right now and I do have a discerning taste when it comes to clothes. I ma definitely not preppy. But if it fits and looks right and I have the budget, yes I will buy it.

Warby Paker! Nice!

What would you think about a large scale name brand discount retailer? Kinda like a Ross.

Emporium style.
    Last edited by Richard; August-22-16 at 04:04 PM.

Unfortunately this time, I did not leak this information...but did MSUguy? LOL

http://www.freep.com/story/money/bus...roit/89196388/

Went in to chase bank in chase tower today, where they are building out the north end of the lobby to consolidate the bank down to the north third of the lobby area to make room for a new tenant. The banker I spoke with said there are 2 rumors: 1) Apple store and 2) restaurant.

Do with that information what ye will.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisianLesion View Post
    Went in to chase bank in chase tower today, where they are building out the north end of the lobby to consolidate the bank down to the north third of the lobby area to make room for a new tenant. The banker I spoke with said there are 2 rumors: 1) Apple store and 2) restaurant.

Do with that information what ye will.

i always thought apple would be better at the base of 1001 woodward...the new plaza...much like

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    i always thought apple would be better at the base of 1001 woodward...the new plaza...much like
    Apple Store for the corner of the 1001 Woodward building with Campus Martius would be quite epic!

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 21.46.28.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  95.9 KB

Imagine a huge Apple Logo hanging over those tall windows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast