Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Pie-Sci Opens Next to Woodbridge Pub

Carry out pizza joint opening in the space to the left of the Woodbridge Pub. I've long been curious why there hasn't been more commercial development in this area. It is walkable to a lot of residential, gets surges from WSU football and sports activities and has plenty of street parking.

I love their name and wish them success!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 11.22.33 AM.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  47.3 KB

Freep Article and pictures -> http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...roit/87438746/

While Pie-Sci will have no delivery service to start with, Damaske has sights set on providing bike delivery in the neighborhood and Wayne State. Other plans include building a back patio and creating seating out front for patrons to wait for their orders. Pie Sci is located at 5163 Trumbull, 313-818-0290.

good luck to them, hopefully the pizza is good and they're not hung up on having 200+ beers on tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Carry out pizza joint opening in the space to the left of the Woodbridge Pub. I've long been curious why there hasn't been more commercial development in this area. It is walkable to a lot of residential, gets surges from WSU football and sports activities and has plenty of street parking.

I love their name and wish them success
    Ditto. I have wondered why that section of Trumbull [[from Warren to I-94) did not have more businesses since it is adjacent to a vibrant residential neighborhood. Hopefully, these two businesses will spark more interest in opening businesses on Trumbull.

The did a great job making the building looking better and adding windows.

Is this just another overpriced hipster joint I can't afford?

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Is this just another overpriced hipster joint I can't afford?
    Correct. All their pizzas are made with imported organic flour, locally grown vegetables, and Kraft cheese.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-25-16 at 08:26 PM.

^^^ Gluten free. Don't forget that. With Kraft cheese!

OK, that was naughty. I hope the best for them and will check out their offerings! That building sat unused for a zillion years if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That building sat unused for a zillion years if I recall correctly.
    Your pretty old, Zacha341, but @ least your memory's still good.