Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Protest Commenmorates Slaying of Aiyana Jones

Read in the Detroit News this morning about some demonstrators chaining themselves together at the Third Precinct to "Commemorate" the 2010 slaying of Aiyana Stanley-Jones. While I morn the death of any child resulting from violence in the city, I have to ask myself, "Why chose the one death that resulted from a white police officer that happened 10 years ago?
    What about all the children that were killed or maimed since then? I'm curious as to how many children younger than say, 10 years old were murdered in the last 10 years? IMHO, this is the big problem on the streets right now.
    Please don't get me wrong, the death of little Aiyana was a very tragic event and I don't mean to belittle this but I think more effort needs to be put forth to stop this needless bloodshed of our children.

Quote Originally Posted by dguy4evr View Post
    Read in the Detroit News this morning about some demonstrators chaining themselves together at the Third Precinct to "Commemorate" the 2010 slaying of Aiyana Stanley-Jones. While I morn the death of any child resulting from violence in the city, I have to ask myself, "Why chose the one death that resulted from a white police officer that happened 10 years ago?
    What about all the children that were killed or maimed since then? I'm curious as to how many children younger than say, 10 years old were murdered in the last 10 years? IMHO, this is the big problem on the streets right now.
    Please don't get me wrong, the death of little Aiyana was a very tragic event and I don't mean to belittle this but I think more effort needs to be put forth to stop this needless bloodshed of our children.
    The current trend is to kill white cops, hence the Aiyana Stanley-Jones protest. I hope this soon goes out of vogue. I find it a bit ironic that hundreds of black youth die @ the hands of other black youth and there's no snitchin'. Also "activist" seems to be the latest career move.

Does it ever occur to anyone that these death-by-cop killings are being politicized and emphasized for the soul purpose of ushering in more federal law inforcement in local matters? Can't help but to think public confidence in big government has significantly deteriorated over the years [[and for good reason) which has kicked the Feds into self preservation/survival mode. The liberal leaning media is complicit in this case despite its detriment to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Does it ever occur to anyone that these death-by-cop killings are being politicized and emphasized for the soul purpose of ushering in more federal law inforcement in local matters? Can't help but to think public confidence in big government has significantly deteriorated over the years [[and for good reason) which has kicked the Feds into self preservation/survival mode. The liberal leaning media is complicit in this case despite its detriment to the cause.
    I don't usually think that anyone is quite that smart to craft such a conspiracy.

But you are right. Federally dictated everything does seem to be the goal. This is what activists don't understand. One size fits all federal oversight is not the solution to most problems.