Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Concert of Colors

Had another great year at the Concert of Colors. BUT a few concerns. The Music Box had no seating set aside for disabled persons. Also, why isn't there a wider food selection? There was only one food truck - the same tacos truck that I believe was there last year. With the burgeoning interest in food truck culture there could have been a whole row of trucks to choose from. Finally, why weren't the house lights turned down for concerts in Orchestra Hall? This would have focused the audience's attention more on the performers, and while the Don Was Detroit All-Star Revue was a knockout it could have been even better with the house lights dimmed.

Concert Of Colors is a great testament to the musical talent in and around Detroit. Unfortunately, I missed it this year. To those who attended: What were the highlights?

Default Concert of Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Concert Of Colors is a great testament to the musical talent in and around Detroit. Unfortunately, I missed it this year. To those who attended: What were the highlights?
    The best act was the Punjabi/Canadian group called Kiran Ahluwalia with an amazing singer doing ancient Persian romantic songs. The drums were causing many to dance along to the guitars and the accordion which was also amazing. Makes me want to learn more about African/Indian fusion music.

Glad to see a few folks admit to being a fan of this. I caught a bit about it on WHFR and the history of how ACCESS and the man, Ismael Ahmed, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismael_Ahmedwas responsible for bringing us this wonderful event.

P.S.-I knew some bands that participated in past Concert of Colors events at Chene.