Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's The Worse Fast Food You've Had Lately?

I try to avoid fast food but sometimes you go there! My most recent worse fast food foray was Taco Bell! Yes, I know, big surprise - duh?! I just thought I'd grab a bit on the run. Big mistake. I purchased some round soft shell thing that seemed to have STALE 'cheese-whiz' squirted into it! Ghastly!

Their cheese compilations have underwhelmed before but the cheese has really gone down hill, further. Never again ...... !

I hate to name names but in the interest of public safety, i guess it's warranted. I contracted food poisoning twice within two months, once from Dairy Queen and again from Jet's Pizza. I have no complaints against either except for these incidents.

I should have suspected something was wrong when I noticed the Dairy Queen cook cut into the cooked chicken as if to check that it was adequately cooked. At Jet's, they were training new employees that day.

Food safety is nothing to laugh at.

I never could figure out Taco Bell since the West Coast in 1970. A corn tortilla in a flour tortilla with crushed corn chips, corn kernels, a tablespoon of 40% beef filling, a tablespoon of lettuce and liquid Franken cheese.
    I have one a five minute walk away and avoid it like the plague. I make better Mega tacos and burritos at home.

And Smashburger charges $14 and change for the equivalent $6 Burger King meal.

I'm sticking to Coney Island restaurants. I bought a carryout chicken fried steak breakfast yesterday morning, with a coupon, [[$8 + change), and the cutlet was the size of my large hand. And 1-1/2 cups of sausage gravy on the side. Just the gravy is two more meals! That will go good with the leftover fries I had. That's what I'm talkin' about. Value.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-17-16 at 03:00 AM.