Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Traffic/Drive time inquiry- Please help!

I was hoping someone here could give me a little advice on traffic for an event.
    I work downtown, but commute along 75 everyday, north of the city.
    In a couple of weeks, I have to go to a wedding at the Henry Ford Museum. On a Friday. Wedding is at 6 pm.
    So, how long is it going to take me to drive there at that time of day? From downtown.

Thanks!

IMO whatever you do, from downtown as you state, don't go Lodge to Ford I-94 West! For one, the West 94 exit is closed!! Also, the US-10, 94, 96 - WSU Commuter bottle neck starts there every weekday from 3 - 6:30 PM.

Use Michigan Ave! May seem long but once you pass Trumbull, then Wyoming [[the Dearborn/ Detroit border), Greenfield and Evergreen come up fast.

Avoid speeding between Scheafer and Evergreen on Michigan! Dearborn's finest watch that area as they should from maniacs causing serious accidents driving too fast along that stretch!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-16 at 09:33 AM.

I agree. Michigan Ave. is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    IMO whatever you do, from downtown as you state, don't go Lodge to Ford I-94 West! For one, the West 94 exit is closed!! Also, the US-10, 94, 96 - WSU Commuter bottle neck starts there every weekday from 3 - 6:30 PM.

Use Michigan Ave! May seem long but once you pass Trumbull, then Wyoming [[the Dearborn/ Detroit border), Greenfield and Evergreen come up fast.

Avoid speeding between Scheafer and Evergreen on Michigan! Dearborn's finest watch that area as they should from maniacs causing serious accidents driving too fast along that stretch!
    ^^^I agree 100% with this post.

As far as timing on Michigan Avenue, I'd say about 20-25 minutes.

Yes, the slowest part of driving Michigan will be from Trumbull to Wyoming! Somewhat narrow thru there, sometimes with lots of semi-trucks clutching/ gearing-up and down between 10 and 50 MPH!!

When I used to work at The Henry Ford, I would always take Michigan Ave when I had to be somewhere at a certain time. The freeway might be faster on some days, but when there was an accident or slow traffic, it was unpredictable. Commute to/from downtown in rush hour back then was 30 minutes on I-94 when traffic was smooth, and about 5 minutes longer on Michigan.

Contrary to what most folks are saying Mich Ave is not the best route. I take Mt. Elliott to I-94 to Oakwood to get back to Dearborn daily. It's been good lately with the Trumbull bridge construction because some of the entrances to I-94 are closed, and the midtown exchanges are a breeze right now. Your best bet is to take I-75 North to I-94 West. Exit at Oakwood North [[exit 206B). Take Oakwood to Village Rd, make a right turn and you're there. It will take you about 30 mins, and you won't experience the rough ride that is Mich Ave.