Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lake side trailer park

Is there anyone out there that lived at the lake side trailer park, at the foot of alter rd.?
    It was a good time of my life to be a kid of the 1970s .
    Swimming, fishing, trouble making lets not forget the girls.
    Angle park was a big party spot.
    Many good memories.
    Now just vacated lots.
    Depressing to say the least.

Dave
    I didn't live there but two of my uncles did and had trailers there back in the early to mid 70's. My older Uncle was named "Uncle Bucky" he had one of the prime spots if not the prime spot in the Trailer Park, his was the first trailer off the water on the eastern edge of the water front parking area, in the first row just under the lighthouse. He also had an old Chris Craft cabin cruiser that he kept on Klink Island. Bucky had a lot of character and was one of my favorite uncles, sadly he passed away in his trailer sometime in 1976. My other uncle was in his mid 20s, was a hell raiser and had an old Airstream somewhere in the middle of the Park, me and my buddie from the block would walk over to Angel Park from Chalmers and hit him up for fishing poles to do some casting off the mountains of busted concrete and rebar at the waters edge. To me it remains one of those hidden gems of the lower Eastside that we all probably took for granted back in the day and have nothing but fond memories of now 30-40 years later.
    Last edited by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83; July-22-16 at 08:06 AM.

Didn't know anyone from the park but remember taking girls out there and at the foot of Lakewood park to watch the "Submarine Races"!

Good times.

This site and nearby Ford Park has been discuss much over the years of this forum especially this from the archived 'Old Forum'. http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1238530237

Latter day Lakeside Trailer Park in 2005...

2005 Tour here >>>

Lowell
    My teenage buddies and I used to take "unguided/unauthorized" tours of the old Marine Hospital late at night in the months before the place was razed. As I recall there was a guard assigned but due to the size of the complex and likely lack of interest he mostly stayed in his shack after hours, too bad we didn't have cell phones with cameras back in the day.

Had a trailer there up until it closed

A good pal from SMR days - and after, lived in a trailer at Lake Side and was either the cover photo subject for a story on this eden in the Detroit News Sunday Magazine or in a photo for the story itself?