Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fireworks damage 2016

"On Monday night, five people including a child were taken to hospital emergency rooms as a result of accidents with fireworks. Joyce Williams, with Huron Valley Ambulance, said the injuries happened in a 30 minute span between 10 and 10:30 p.m."

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...0-minute-span/

Also, fireworks store set on fire. Fortunately, no injuries.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...eported-video/

The 2012 law needs to go.
    Last edited by Pam; July-05-16 at 09:02 AM.

I had to call the fire department for a fireworks caused fire a couple days ago.

My neighbor put on a huge show last night.

I never understood why people like to put on amateur firework shows. The expense and danger are too great. I keep my family away from them.

Lots of people do expensive and dangerous things because they consider the fun and enjoyment to be worth the risk. Compare amateur firework shows with motorcycling or snowboarding. Or me—I like to visit Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    Lots of people do expensive and dangerous things because they consider the fun and enjoyment to be worth the risk. Compare amateur firework shows with motorcycling or snowboarding. Or me—I like to visit Detroit.
    I keep my family away from Detroit.

I'm a little more disturbed by and surprised @ the article about a 2 year old critically shot by yet another gun toting asshole. Disturbed by the fact the shooter felt compelled to pull out his manhood and randomly open fire on..... well something. Surprised by the fact CBS Detroit thought they should lump this under a fireworks mishap. I hope the 2 year old recovers nicely.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2016/0...nds-140-fires/

About 140 fires broke out in Detroit and Highland Park from 8 p.m. Saturday to sunrise Tuesday, nearly triple the number of blazes during the three-day Devils’ Night period last year.
    For at least three consecutive years, more fires have broken out on the Fourth of July than Devils’ Night, a decades-long, but fading tradition of setting houses, buildings, cars and trash cans ablaze.

clearly city folk haven't yet discovered tannerite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HRyAG2xqU

My part of Lincoln Park sounded like a war zone.

I'm a big fan of Detroit and don't think it's as dangerous as some people think. My girlfriend on the other hand disagrees so last Sunday we took a ride down to dequindre cut and as mentioned on another thread, a section was closed as a "crime scene". We rode back through a few hours later only to see a family gathered in tears. I have no idea what happened but it looked serious. Nonetheless, it hasn't changed my opinion but I doubt my gf will likely return soon.

Keep in mind-Detroit or not-[[as a weird synthesis of guns and fireworks) not all of those bangs you hear on the 4th are fireworks. Many are proud gun-toting yahoos who are going to make the most of their investment by discharging "unposted air mail" [[a message you don't want to receive!) into the air.

If you go snowboarding, you only put yourself at risk. Fireworks put the people and property at danger, even if those people are not participating.

The fire I had to report was on county owned right of way, most likely caused by someone shooting off fireworks nearby.

These fireworks can land in gutters, and there's plenty of dried up leaves in gutters that will just as easily catch fire as the dry grass out there right now.
    Last edited by Scottathew; July-05-16 at 08:04 PM.

Disturbed by the fact the shooter felt compelled to pull out his manhood and randomly open fire on..... well something.
    Seems less likely for major tissue damage, than let's say.... a gun.