Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Robert Ficano running for judge

Got a flyer from him today. All kinds of praise for him when he was sheriff. Not a word about the mess when he was Wayne County Executive. Gotta love selective memories in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Got a flyer from him today. All kinds of praise for him when he was sheriff. Not a word about the mess when he was Wayne County Executive. Gotta love selective memories in politics.
    Unfortunately, when it comes to judicial candidates, name recognition remains right at the top of the list. Qualifications take a back seat, even endorsements become a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by the rock View Post
    Unfortunately, when it comes to judicial candidates, name recognition remains right at the top of the list. Qualifications take a back seat, even endorsements become a factor.
    You got that right. If I were a campaign management company I would advise my clients for Detroit regional posts to change their names a couple of years before they intend to announce. What would be some good choices? Murphy? Cavanaugh? Stallworth? Help me out.

• Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
      You got that right. If I were a campaign management company I would advise my clients for Detroit regional posts to change their names a couple of years before they intend to announce. What would be some good choices? Murphy? Cavanaugh? Stallworth? Help me out.

Coleman Young Jr.

nonononononononononnonononononononononono!

I'm not voting for that wakko for Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Sometimes, there's a place for negative campaigning. Blessings to him who tells the truth within their state-annointed campaign spending limits.

Hathaway is still a good name to add to the mix if running for judicial office. And when a judge retires, you often see an offspring throwing his or her name into the campaign, too. That's currently the situation in Wayne County and I believe Macomb County, too.
    The kiss of death usually occurs when two candidates with name recognition run on the same ballot. They tend to negate each other's vote.

A Conyers is also running. John's nephew. As soon as I got it there was another flyer from a citizens group decrying his picture with a group of paintball players.

Although I am aware it is true, I still sort of think of it as parody. That a man who directly caused Fail Jail can entertain public office again is absurd. And he gave out tons of contracts and sweetheart positions to friends and political allies at the abusive expense of taxpayers, and deprived citizens of honest and competent public services. At the very minimum, he is guilty of extreme mismanagement and naivete. But I think his public "service" was actually malicious, with the intent of defrauding taxpayers. Judges should be honest, impartial, and willing to do the hard work involved in the administration of the law. He posses no such qualities.

MikeyinBrooklyn: Well said. You may be in Brooklyn but you sure have Ficano pegged correctly. What a disaster he would be as a judge. Or in any elected office. If he had worked for me I would have fired him long ago.

Ah yes.... the $200K Turkia Mullins severance package comes to mind.... wasting the public's money....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...m-wayne-county

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    MikeyinBrooklyn: Well said. You may be in Brooklyn but you sure have Ficano pegged correctly. What a disaster he would be as a judge. Or in any elected office. If he had worked for me I would have fired him long ago.
    Thanks, but FYI I live in Detroit! I am from Detroit, but started following this site when I lived in NYC. I never changed my handle because I didn't want people to think I was a different poster.

But, on a similar note to the subject of this thread, Bernie Madoff is taking investments for his new hedge fund...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Ah yes.... the $200K Turkia Mullins severance package comes to mind.... wasting the public's money....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...m-wayne-county
    Screw what the grand jury and prosecutors might say. She is also corrupt. And if a jail is ever finished, these 2 frauds should share a cell.